It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

The road is long and winding

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: The road is long and winding

Postby Downsizeme » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

It's that time of week again..

400g loss. To be honest I am not displeased with this, as I expected less after the week of cooking / eating I have had, to the point of yesterday where I thought I might even have an actual small gain :shock: It certainly got me back on track in a hurry, and so to have a result of 400g loss is not too bad! It has inspired me to do better though, because I know if I stay closer on track I can lose at least 1-1.25kg a week.

So - bring on the weekend, and my goal next week is to WATCH masterchef and not BE masterchef..lol

Hope you all are having a good week. :D
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Downsizeme » Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Another 400g this week. I am ok with that, but again have taken my foot off the pedal just ever so slightly. I was sick all week with a bit of gastro and also some women's problems. I have an iud that has been in 5 years (its recommended to come out after 5 years) and it's starting to give me grief. So went to the doctor and made an appt next week to go get it removed and get another fitted. I guess my diet has been the last thing on my mind, so I haven't been as careful as I have been. I am so close to the 20kg mark and i want it next week, so I really have to get back in the zone! Hope everyone is having a great week :)

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Sassyt » Fri May 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Hey DSM
You are doing incredibly well. Well done to you!!! :)
Keep up the good work
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Congrats!

The 20 kg mark will be sweet. 400g really is alot. Personally i hate myself if i don't lose 1kg, but i know deep down that 500gs per week is the average at which to lose weight. You are doing fantastic! Girly issues can slow us down.

Can't wait until you hit your 20kg milestone!

:)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Downsizeme » Fri May 28, 2010 9:48 pm

thanks for the encouragement ladies, it really helps!! :)

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby waterbaby » Sun May 30, 2010 10:18 am

Hiya DSM
WELL DONE! Keep it going at whatever pace you need to. 20kg just around the corner!
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Postby Downsizeme » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks All, down another kg this week and still probably could have done better if I had done some walking, absolutely nil excercise lately as there is alot going on in my life at the moment. Not going to make the 20kg mark this week but if I stay on track I am hoping it will be next week.

My husband and I have been offered jobs and the company offering the jobs is flying us to Darwin tomorrow (from Rockhampton). We used to live there, so are staying the night to catch up with old mates we haven't seen in a couple of years. Not sure about the job yet as it may involve us having to put our fur babies in kennels for awhile, and I am not comfortable with that if it is over 4-6weeks, Still, no harm in going to see about it - you never know.

I love my current job and it would be hard to leave, but this job is awesome money - so hard to make a choice. I forget you guys dont know me :lol: but we spent 6 years travelling / working around Australia, and we are well and truly bitten by the wanderlust bug. We normally don't spend any longer than a year or two in one place before the urge to wander gets us, and off we go.

So, should be making a decision either way after this weekend, will keep all you guys updated. On the upside, if we do take it, I will have more time to spend in here replying to threads and offering encouragement of my own! :mrgreen: It's amazing how uplifting it can be to have someone drop in and comment on your progress or offer some advice, and I truly appreciate it.

Cheers
S.

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh my God!

You're practically at 20kgs now! Wow, I can't believe how far you have come since I was on here last. I am so proud of you, you're doing amazingly well! Congratulations! You'll hit that mark in no time :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Downsizeme » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks Miss V!

I am afraid I put on a kg I reckon over the past two days, airline food and eating out for every meal, plus drinking. I am going to see if I can get it off by my way in Thursday but I don't think I'll have a loss this week. A bit annoyed but we had a good time in Darwin nonetheless :D

Don't think we will be taking the job. They are pretty firm about the dogs in kennels thing and though they say it might be only for two weeks, there is no guarantee that it won't be for 6 months. It's a gamble I am just not prepared to take. We have a hrd time leaving our fur babies for the weeknd, let alone weeks to months at a time.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Went for about a 5km walk with the dogs today down the beach and thru the dunes, tired but a nice day.

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

Hey DSM, I am astonished with your progress. Not too long ago you joined the forum and now you are practically at 20kg milestone. Really you are doing great, well done to you. Your journey is so inspirational you make it seem possible.

Keep up the good work...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:13 am

Holy wow DSM! Look at you! You have done AWESOME! Good job xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Downsizeme » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 am

Thanks ladies :D I don't think I am going to have a loss this week, but I am working on getting off what I put on, and I definitely put on! Whoa wake up cal!!! lol I have until tomorrow evenng to get rid of it, so will let you know how I go.

I am thinking I need to drop down to a lower calorie level now? Would anyone know, I was on 1500 calories a day when I started at 116.9kg, and now I am down to 98kg - would you normally drop down to 1200 calories now? My weight loss just seems to have stalled (even before the darwin episode..lol)

Any advice would be greatly received! :)

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:31 am

I was still @ 98kg on my way in after the week of up and downs (mostly ups) so I was pleased to get it back down to 98kg for weigh in time. (Thursday)

Last night I was at 97.4, so at least it is starting to move around a bit more again, I have higher hopes for this week. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby nothing2lose » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Downsizeme

I have been reading your thread and I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! on your weight loss to date! You made a comment early on about it not being a race. I think that is sooooo true. Much better to channel the inner-tortoise and change your habits slowly and surely. The occasional "breakout" wont matter so much that way because you are eating the right way 95% of the time.
Anyway, I also wanted to say thank you for being an inspiration to me - and many others!

Take care

n2l :)
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby Downsizeme » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:03 am

Hi n21

Thanls for your comments, much appreciated!

If I am utterly honest, I could kick myself for not doing this 20 years ago - though at times it has been hard not to eat all the yummy things I used to have, it has been no where near as hard to lose 20kgs (almost :wink: ) as I imagined it to be...

I wouldn't call it easy, but I certainly don't slog my guts out at the excercise regime, and I still enjoy lots of things (in moderation) that I thought I would have to give up completely..so yeah, if i can do it - anyone can. Onwards and upwards to the next 20kg!!

Cheers
S.

[/url]
Downsizeme

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress