It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:46 am

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress (#3)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Freddy » Sun May 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Basically, this is my 3rd progress thread on this forum. I've already went away for 2 times before. The second time I planned on staying and hang around to motivate others and finish my journey. I failed, I don't know why I left, I basically stopped visiting this dark corner of the internet for no particular reason, and forgot all about all of those other people with the same problem as me. To make a long story short: I'm sorry for leaving...

I'll be trying to give you a daily review of my progress, as each day of my life includes a fair amount of workout. Last year I started my occasional bike commute. This year alone I have already ridden 2518 kilometers, which equals 50 days of bike riding. My goal is 8000 km, so you probably understand I have to get active (even more) right now. Monthly I can do around 1000km, but it's pretty hard to do. There are just days that the body says something along the lines of "screw you, I'm not doing anything today", so 1000km is hard, maybe even unrealistic.

Riding the bike for 50km a day can be pretty fatiguing (I love that word) but thanks to my family I've gotten some extra workout possiblities. We already had a Nintendo Wii, but my family got me some nice extra's for it: Balance Board including the Wii Fit workout package, and Shaun White Snowboarding Road Trip, and Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage. My sister in law was friendly enough to give me a yoga mat along with it, so I started my first workout yesterday night.

My weighins will be including clothes, as I use my Balance Board to weighin.

May 2
Weigh in: 91kg
BMI: 27 (.something, can't recall exactly)

I am planning on mainly focusing on my upper body, as my lower body gets enough exercise already (cycling). The workouts that I've tried yesterday night were:
Torso twists: I've noticed these aren't too intensive, I might crank it up a bit by doing a double set or maybe a triple.
Jackknife: These were a bit more intensive than the above, but obviously focusing on a slightly different group of muscles. Felt nice to do, really tenses the abs.
Plank: Intensive, right upto the point of painful. Could still feel it this morning when I got up, so I'll stick to this one ;)

The plank made me realise how fat I still am. Even though I have lost some serious weight (started my journey originally at 115kg) I still have some well... let's give it a nice tough, and call it abdominal fat, left. I was wearing a polo shirt and me looking down into my shirt was not a pretty sight. My belly was hanging. Ewwww.... So as said, I'll be focusing on the upper body.

I didn't get my 30 minutes of Wii Fit yesterday, but that's because a friend came over and I had already gotten about half an hour on the Balance Board (which is too long to write down each time, so I'll be referring to it as BB from now on :)) playing Shaun White. Never thought that fake snowboarding would stimulate the calves this intensively. Auch.

Who of you has some good experience with Wii Fit and can advise a few good exercises for the upper body?

Plans:
There are a few plans I have, which include a 30min (at least) Wii Fit session each day, and riding my bike for 850km each month. My goal for the upcoming two weeks is to get rid of 2kg's of fat. This will probably make my pants fit pretty nicely again, as I've gained a few kg's over the past month resulting in some uncomfortable tightness around the waist.

So. I think this may be all for today. I might post tonight after my 2nd Wii Fit session and see how I feel.
Freddy

Re: Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Freddy » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 am

I couldn't resist checking in for a little update. According to the BB I've gained .3 kg's over night. Not interesting I guess, as I celebrated my birthday yesterday, and the birthday of my nephew the day before. No wonder a little has decided to stick to my bones.
So I decided picking up an extra long Wii Fit/Snowboarding session on the Wii. Last time I checked it was 9PM that I started. According to the clock it's 11:45PM now, so I've been on it for about two and a half hours. I think it's time I went to bed now. These snowboarding games are way too much fun ;)

I've done another plank session and another jackknife session and my upper and lower ab region are seriously feeling tight and maybe even a bit uncomfortable right now. Well, I'm not sure who said it, but there's a saying about it: "No pain,no gain". I'll have some pain then :)

My Wii Fit trainer told me to imagine myself with a perfect body while doing exercises. I have to say... I like the idea of looking like Ryan Reynolds while doing my workouts ;) Maybe one day I'll have a six pack as well.

Who knows, working out has never been this fun before :)
Freddy

Postby Downsizeme » Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey Freddy, best of luck with your goals and aspirations! I used the Wii fit when the mood strikes me, I have wii fit (ist edition) and also wii active - I prefer wii active because it allows you to combine excercises to get the work out you want, which my old wii fit doesn't do (but I believe the new one does)

Anyway, whatever works - right? :D

Bes of luck to you..
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Freddy » Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 am

So, today I noticed I've been losing weight at a nearly alarming rate. Wii Fit along with 2 hours of cycling a day results in: -1.1kg in 3 days. I can live with that ;)

The abs are tightening up a lot and I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I'll just keep doing my Wii Fit routine and keep cycling. Though tomorrow I have a birthday to attend to where I can only get by car... :(
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 am

Didn't get to ride the bike today, as I had a birthday tonight which I could only attend to by public transport.
Besides that, I ate pie, potato chips and other unhealthy goodies, so I'm not feeling too great about that.

Basically, I'm tired and want to go to sleep. I'll be heading upstairs in a few minutes, getting 8 hrs of sleep and ride my bike in the morning and afternoon and do some wii workouts :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu May 13, 2010 6:44 am

I haven't been able to update on here for the past few week, as I've been sick and I've been too busy to well... track my weight loss and try to lose some.

Basically: I have no idea how much I weigh, and will see how much I weigh in a few days.

Tomorrow will be my 5th anniversary with my wife, so I won't be worrying about anything then :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun May 16, 2010 10:36 pm

No progress yet, as I've been living a very irregular life over the past week. I've had irregular shifts at work, ran into trouble with the bike which took me too much time. So no Wii BBing or anything else, no bike riding, no workout whatsoever.

Yes, I feel bad about it, but I can't be bothered to actually have that bite into my emotions. Getting emotional is even worse for me in this stage, as I know I'm an emotional eater. This is something I have to come over as well, in order to lose some serious weight.

This Wednesday I will leave to Paris for some days, I will be back on Saturday night. Going to relive the honeymoon and have some fun with the Mrs over there :)

So basically, as I promised to keep you posted on the weightloss, I have done so. On the other hand I failed on my weightloss progress, but I'll get back to that in a week.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed May 19, 2010 8:06 am

I've been doing some nice progress this Monday and Tuesday I think. I ate 2 slices of bread less both days, and have been eating more fruit. Today I even ate three apples instead of my usual one! I know that's obviously the result of my body needing some energy which it hasn't been getting due to eating less bread, but it's always better eating some apples than a few slices of bread.

Besides that I've done my daily commute twice this week and even though I'm a bit sad I can't ride any more than that this week, I'm happy as well. This is my last post for this week as well, as I'm leaving to Paris tomorrow morning. Me and the Mrs will be having a load of fun there, checking out some things we haven't seen yet and we will be trying to 'relive' our honeymoon.

The weather over there will be great, nearly 5 degrees (Celsius) more than over here in the Netherlands. This Friday, the temperature in Paris is likely to rise up to a whopping 30C. That's pretty darn warn as we still have temperatures of 14C during the day here. I'll probably come back home with a terrible cold ;)

So, as I am leaving to have a load of fun, I hope you will all have some fun as well. Good luck with the weightloss journey each of you is on. As far as possible I will be trying to watch my weight, even when it's easy to resort to comfort food, or let's just call it fastfood. I have learned over the past weeks that fruit and vegetables are actually both healthy and tasty, so why not use that as another reason to try some more of that instead of meat and all sorts of bad fats and sugars, right?

As I said, have a lot of fun and good luck.

PS: Lisa, I will be getting back to you on meeting in/near Nijmegen next week :)
Freddy

Postby Downsizeme » Wed May 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Have a great time in Paris!
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Freddy » Sun May 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks!

Paris was awesome, though not entirely great for living a healthy lifestyle. As I've seen nicely sized girls eating their prepackaged salads in parks the healthy stuff must be available, but I've been unable to find it. So for 3 days I have been living on this:

And this:

Healthy, I think not. Though I did manage to find some veggies on the burgers; one tiny leaf of salad, a few small bits of onion and a slice of tomato. Getting back into a healthy lifestyle will be a pain in the ass, but it has to be done.
I need to ride some serious distances now to get back into perfect shape, I need to eat less and healthier to make my body burn some of the leftover fats and I have to get back on the BB to see what my weight status is and see if there's any possibility of losing 5kg in just a few weeks.

If anyone is interested in some more pictures of Paris, head over to Flickr as I've posted most of the pictures on there.

Some real updates on the weight will be coming up. I will try to get them online today, but I might not be able to do that until tomorrow as today is pretty darn busy for me. Still have to do loads of stuff as I just came home yesterday night from Paris.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm

First weigh in after Paris: 91.6kg

Basically that's an awesome way to remember I should have eaten normal instead of McDonalds crap, and I should have limited my breakfasts a 'bit' more, even though it was so delicious.
Looking at my weight, I've gone back to my original pre-Wii weight, and I'm starting over again. Though, no more holidays, birthdays or anything like that for a while which will improve my ability of taking back a healthy life I think :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 am

I decided I should change my forum signature into something useful as well. Nobody really cares I <3 Paris, so why not shove some serious info into it.

I decided to add the category RW (race weight) to the signature as well. When I reach 80kg's the RW should keep me motivated to keep on going, to get into the elite athlete shape that I have dreamed off, and that allows me to ride some serious bike races and maybe even finish in a decent position.

I have learned that it is useless (for me) to stick to a serious diet. Combined with the amount of bike workout I get, any diet would simply put my body in a unhealthy position. It would, basically, not just reach into the fat reserve I have, but also in the muscles. It's very bad to get your body to kill its own muscles when what you want to do is have it kill its overload of fat.

So from today, my motto is: "Be a better version of myself, each day."

A motto like that is a goal you can stick to, and a goal that actually allows you to shift with eating and workout patterns a bit until you find the desired effect on your body.

Just something I noticed... When getting some extra weight packed onto the body, the fat doesn't get into my butt or legs. It ends up on my belly and creates an extra 'love handle' (to say it nicely) on the back of my lower ribs. Very unappealing when you have that look in the mirror in the morning. It scares the shits out of me what will happen if I don't get rid of my overweight (my dad and grandfather were pretty overweight as well when they got their cardiac trouble, and I'm slowly reaching the age that they started having trouble) and it makes me look back in some weird kind of happiness on the past when I still weighed 115kg's. Thank God that era in my life is over. Time to close yet another chapter, shall we? :)

Tomorrow is the big day. Today was the last special day in a very long time, so I'm cranking up the dieting and workout a bit. Well, maybe a lot.

Mini goal: Weigh 90 kg's before Saturday the 29th of May.

I will whoop my own ass so hard this week that it doesn't know what happened.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu May 27, 2010 8:13 am

Broke the Mini-Goal border today. Already weighing exactly 90.0kg and have a few days left. I'm not officially weighing in yet, I want to see how far down I can get my weight until this Sunday :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri May 28, 2010 2:30 am

Just were too curious to not step onto the scales. Another .2 off :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun May 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Finished last week at 89.7 kg's.

Going to try to finish off this week at 88.7 kg's.
Freddy

Next

Return to Personal Progress