It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress (#3)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Freddy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Alright, alright. I know I promised to keep you updated on a regular basis. But once a month is regularly as well, right?

Basically, my weight has stayed the same. I've gone right below the 90kg border, and crawled back up to just slightly over the 90kg line again. What is that about?

I haven't been able to get into a certain Wii Fit 'rythm' yet, but I still want to try. I know Wii Fit is a lot of fun, but there's so much other types of fun around, two of them are called: 1) lack of motivation and 2) the internet.

Next to Wii Fit I also have commuting as my personal favorite of burning calories. Though I didn't finish the total km goal I had in mind for May, I'm quite content. I went out of the country for nearly a week, which made me unable to ride my bike. It's okay, I'll try to fix that in the upcoming months. I know I still have lots of km's to go to finish up my 8000km goal for this year, but I'm not giving up hope yet. Vacation is coming up and I'm still hoping on bringing the bike with me, to explore the side of the country where I hope to move to in about a year :)

Until know I've just been talking about sports and working out. There's more to come. Obviously just sports and working out won't cut it. My belly fat needs to go, I'm quite curious whether there are abs under there or not. I'm ready to find out. It's diet time. Let's start eating healthy. I'm talking about oatmeal breakfast, tuna salad lunch and chicken salad diner. It's time to get it done.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 am

Today I decided to start living more healthy than I already did. Obviously, based on the outcome of my discussion with a bunch of cycling friends. During my commute I decided to give it my best effort, and managed to cut off 5 minutes of my daily riding time. I wasn't able to cut off more, as this afternoon traffic was pretty crowded and it just wasn't safe to go any faster, and besides that it rained which got my feet wet, which got them cold, which took me far out of my comfort zone and obviously influenced my speed... Great... At least it was about 20C so it didn't feel too cold on the rest of my body.

Here's a little review of what my day looked like (not in this order, it's cumulative).
* 5 Cups of coffee ( no milk, no sugar )
* 1 Glass of regular coke
* 1 Glass of diet coke
* 5 Glass of water
* 1 Glass of fruit juice
* 2 Latte Machiato
* 2 Apples
* 2 Slices of bread with some kind of lean meat slices on it
* 1 Bowl of oatmeal
* 1 Cup of soup
* 2 Plates of pasta

There is obviously room for improvement. I never knew I actually messed up my intake of calories this bad, until I decided to keep track of it starting today. By recording my eating and drinking habits, I can find out what I am doing wrong and on which area's I could use some (or a lot at this moment) change.

A few things that made me angry with myself and I decided that just have to change:
Regular soda's like the coke I had today will have to be canceled from my 'diet' entirely.
If possible I want to get rid of the diet soda's as well, as these aren't particularly healthy either.
Today I had my last Latte Machiato, there's none left in the house.
Diner should be cut down to 1 plate, even though the pasta of tonight was so delicious...
The cup of soup should be canceled, there's too much salt in it.
I should seriously cut down on the coffee, even though I'm the worst caffeine addict on the forums.
The fruit juice came from a pack, so not fresh, and with sugar. I will be making this a 50/50 fruit juice/water.

Starting next week there will be changes. My diet will be modified to as well cut down on sugar as much as possible, eat as healthy as possible and cooperate in my cycling routine. A little preview of what I am working on fixing up for a daily menu for next week you can see below. Obviously there still is room for improvement and modification.

Breakfast: 1 Bowl of oatmeal without sugar (energy boost for the commute to work).
In between: A few walnuts (stimulates the brain, contains lots of protein which is good for muscle recovery).
Lunch: Salad with tuna (no salad dressing).
In between: Banana (energy boost for the commute back home).
Diner: Salad with chicken (no salad dressing).
Late night snack: Piece of cucumber.

Still figuring out what to put into the salad next to the tuna and chicken, but that will have to be decided before the end of the week, as my better half goes shopping for food.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 am

Today was better than yesterday, and having an Excel spreadsheet to fill out how much you've eaten and how much you drank is pretty helpful. Even though I did good throughout the day, this evening I went all out and had 7 cookies. Yes. I did. I know. Don't even tell me :roll:

Basically, today was:
* 2 Cups of coffee (which is the maximum I allow myself to drink from now on)
* 2 Diet cokes (which is 2 too much)
* 8 Glasses of water (2 more coming up before bed)
* 1 Glass of Banana/Apple juice
* 3 Cups of tea (1 less than I allow myself)
* 2 Apples (1 too much)
* 7 Cookies
* 2 Slices of bread with lean meat on it
* 2 Bowls of oatmeal (1 this morning for breakfast, one this evening... must have had a carb-craving)
* 2 Cups of soup (too much salt, 2 too many)
* 3/4 of a pizza (normally I eat a whole one, it's a start ;))

What was a bad move today, I marked red. Wonder how much red would have been in yesterday's post if I had done it then as well... :shock: And I obviously marked green what... Wait, you probably get the point ;)

I skipped bike commuting as my perineum hurts like a moth... I'll leave that word out... Not sure what the cause of the pain is, but it's not fun. Small bumps emerge on my skin, and suddenly pop. Pain. Aaaagh!!! Graphic much?

Today's motivation song: The All-American Rejects - Move Along | Lyrics | Music Video
I really don't know what it is about this song, but it gives me a great mental boost. I'm moving along. Moving along my path of weight loss that is, figuring out what works best for me, how to get rid of the carb-cravings and feel more confident about and more happy with myself.
Next to that it's obviously an amazing song.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 am

Same color coded list as yesterday, different values.

I'm not happy. It's my third day back at the hardcore weight-loss job, and this morning I woke up with a pounding headache. Took an aspirin which helped for a while, but it's never been gone entirely. Now, 17 hours and 2 cups of coffee later, the headache is either starting to fade, or I'm getting used to it.
This headache could be caused by several things, for instance 'lack' of caffeine, as I'm used to (sit down, or you'll fall) 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day. Basically, I've lowered my caffeine intake with 80%, which can cause a few issues (heart throbbing, headaches, fatigue, irritability).

So on to the list.

* 1 Cup of coffee
* 1 Cup of vienna coffee
* 7 Glasses of water (not enough, should be at least 10)
* 1 Glass of fruit juice
* 1 Glass of milk
* 4 Cups of tea
* 5 Cookies (don't ask)
* 1 Bowl of oatmeal
* 1 Plate of pasta
* 2 Slices of bread

As you can see, there's less red on the list as yesterday. If I had started colorcoding a few days ago, you'd have seen the first day would have been even more red than yesterday. The list is getting more and more green. As soon as I get my life in order, and the list will be entirely green (I know, you need 21 days to make something a habit), I will most probably scrapping even more off my menu.
A friend/co-worker of mine sometimes lives about a week on just water, fruit and a sandwich at night. He's lost about 7kg's doing it and is starting to develop a sixpack (at the age of 50, looks like he's about 40!!!) by dieting, running 3 days a week about 10km, doing powerboxing 1 night a week.

Running isn't my cup of tea, I still weigh too much for that as it impacts my knees too hard. I'm more of a cyclist as some (most?) of you may know by now. I feel awesome riding my bike, and have set a goal. What goal you may ask? Well... A very interesting, and maybe even noble goal.
In two years I will attend a charity ride for the Dutch cancer foundation. Two years may seem like a long time, but there will be a lot going on in the upcoming two years. We're working on moving to the other side of the country. We've found a small farm that we might buy, but a lot of time will be put into renovating and redecorating. So that takes up a lot of time.
Next to that, I'm just used to riding 25km per ride. I need to get into shape to ride this particular ride: long distance cycling, hill climbing. The ride I will be attending will require me to ride up the (famous) Alphe d'Huez (FR) for at least 3 times. Riding it up 1 time, takes 1.5 hours, downhill takes about 20 minutes. Total would take about 5.5 hours on the saddle. It's a very hard ride, but should be well worth it for several reasons.
* Self confidence
* Sponsor money that I raise will go to the cancer foundation
* Other's confidence in me will increase immensely (which is important to me, have some baggage with me)
I could mention a few other reasons, but the above are most important to me.

Tomorrow I have to work, unfortunately. That does mean I will be able to work at my weightloss routine all day. No matter the headaches, no matter the heart throbbing, no matter what other side effects.... I will stick to the routine, and try to get it even cleaner as I did today. As I'll be the only one at the office I might even be able to put in a few sets of ab crunches and pushups during office time.

Today's motivation song: David Guetta - The World is Mine | Lyrics] | [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EsiCjsssY]Music Video
It's got a great beat in it, not too high of a bpm though. Makes me push the pedals hard at about 75rpm in a high gear. Feels awesome to be dripping with sweat at speeds around 43km/h... Besides that, just saying "the world is mine" several times a day is pretty motivational :)

Well then, until tomorrow! :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

I fell off the wagon yesterday, and I'm not willing to post here how bad it was. Basically, I screwed up. Badly. So today, new chances.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:38 pm

I did forget to mention that I weighed in this morning. My weight came out 1.6kg's lower than my last official weigh in. So I'll be changing my forum signature. Officially back at 90kg's now.
Freddy

Postby fi_112 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:42 am

Well done for cutting down the coffee and diet drinks!! That's hard :) Keep it up mate xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Freddy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 am

Today was better, even though I found out what my weak spot is. Cookies and candy. Yesterday I ate a distubing 31 pieces of candy, today lots les, but noticeable that this is what my body enjoys...

* 2 coffee
* 10 water
* 1 fruit juice
* 3 tea
* 1 milk
* 1 oatmeal
* 1 plate of tuna salad
* 2 cups of real, freshly made soup, no cup-a-soup crap
* half a hand full of walnuts

* 4 pieces of candy
* 6 cookies (6 too many)
* 3 slices of bread (1 too many)

So basically, today was more green and less red. Feeling good about that, but still need to banish all cookies and candy from my life. It takes 21 days to learn a habit, it's gonna be hard...

I'm already feeling good that I lost 1.6kg over the past week, even when I did sin against my new 'religion'. This week will be even better.

Today's motivation song: BT - The Revolution
No lyrics today, no music video either. Why not? Because basically just the title and the beat are enough to crank up my heartbeat. What does the revolution mean to me? The revolution means changing my life. It means getting my body into a shape it has never been into... yet.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:21 am

Not really feeling like posting today, but I did good. No major mistakes today. :)

* 4 Cups of coffee (2 too much)
* 1 cup-a-soup
* 5 pieces of candy
* 2 glasses of fruit juice (1 too much, there's lots of sugar in it)
* 1 ice coffee (I know I shouldn't have, but it's so darn good... :oops: )
* 3 cookies (2 too many, but 3 less then yesterday ;) )
* 3 slice of bread (1 too many)

* 11 glasses of water
* 1 bowl of oatmeal
* 1 handful of walnuts

As you can see I'm still getting used to eating and drinking cleaner than I used to. I must say during my lunch break, I took a walk with a co-worker, and I could feel my belly get slightly more tight. Feels good :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 am

Today was my first day with a modified lunch. A tuna salad with some corn, carrot and onion. It was delicious, but tomorrow I will add some more onion. Sure my co-workers will smell it when I get back from lunch, but if I have to pay for my weightloss, so do my co-workers. They spend more time with me than my wife does, right? ;)

The list:
3 Cups of coffee (1 too many)
10 Glasses of water
2 Glasses of fruit juice (1 too many)
1 Cup of tea
4 Cookies (3 too many)
1 Bowl of oatmeal
1 Bowl of tuna salad
1 Plate of cauliflower and a burger (just lean meat, not the entire bun)
2 Handsful of walnuts
1 Piece of cucumber

2 Glasses of diet coke (2 too many, though I'm considering raising it to a max of 1 a day)
2 Pieces of cheese (tasted great, but shouldn't have eaten it)
3 Pieces of candy (No comment...)

Next to my changing eating pattern I have been riding the bike for 2 days as well. Though you might think just eating well should do the trick, sports increase the metabolism as well. I am living proof.
This Sunday I weighed in officially at 90kg's. I came home this afternoon from work and before I jumper into the shower, I hopped onto the scales as well. Result? 88.4kg's, which means I'm down 1.6kg's in 2 days.

YAY! \o/

So even though I'm sinning against my home made diet, I am actually losing weight. Basically, I can still enjoy a piece of candy and a few cookies once in a while. But I still think I should bring down the sugar intake and carb intake even more. Tomorrow will be a bit harder as I'm having pizza for diner (have a company meeting and they ordered pizza... censored...) but I can make up for that by dieting the rest of the day.

So that's it for the night. I will finish my episode of Supernatural, and head of to bed.

Tomorrow more cycling, more dieting, more enjoying myself while improving my lifestyle.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:36 pm

I've been trying to keep serious track of my daily intake of crap and non-crap, but somehow my home-built excel sheet just doesn't cut it.

So, while discussing my problems with some fellow cyclists, we decided to start keeping track by using a calorie counter.

Starting today my tracking will consist of counting calories. It takes extra time, which I am aware off, but it's necessary. I need to get more proteins and carbon hydrates, though I need to minimize the calorie intake. Should take a bit of puzzling and figuring out, but I've decided I should not take more than 2300 kcal. This is based on my age, body height, and goal weight. So basically I'm taking in too little calories, which is good, but I am getting enough fuel for my body to run. And with run, I mean RUN really well, as I need to be able to ride 50+ km a day on my bike.

So I will be keeping track of how my weight comes along, and will post my new weight during the week, Wednesday probably.

Current weight: 88.7 kg
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Couldn't resist hopping onto the scales. Today my weight's 88.6 kg's. Let's hope this is the diet I've been looking for.

Had no trouble staying in line yesterday. It's been quite hard before, as I was always craving cookies, cheese and what else. Using calorie counting is much more concrete. My question would have always been, how much cookies can I eat before I stop losing weight or gain weight again? Right now I'm not thinking in an amount of cookies or cheese anymore, but in calories. So if I'm hungry, I now grab whatever is in the cupboard, but has the least amount of calories. It's pretty simple, really :)

What I'm basically doing is feeding my body the amount of calories that it would need when it was 75 kg's. That means that I am getting far too little calories as I am still over 88 kg's. Meaning: My body starts feeding of my fat supplies, as it needs to get its energy supply from somewhere.

Tip: You can train your abs as much as you want, but fat will dissapear first on the place it was last stored. So if your butt is the last thing that got fat, it will be the first thing to get slim again.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Counting calories seems to work :)

Went down from 88.7 to 87.9 in two days. Yesterday I took in even less calories than the day before, which feels great mentally, and is managable physically.

Dumb remark: If I eat only sugar/chocolate cookies, which are 66kcal a piece, I can eat 29 of them each day to stay within my calorie intake maximum of 1900 kcal. :D
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm doing quite a nice job I think. Though yesterday I fell... wait, no lies... I jumped off the wagon. I had an exam in the morning, which I actually finished off with 737 of 1000 points :D Only one more exam and I will be officially MCSE certified.
So I went to our friends at McDonalds and had a Big Tasty menu with a delicious banana milkshake.

Too many calories? Oh, I think so. I KNOW so. It's ok, I needed to celebrate.

So back on the wagon and doing a nice job again :)
Freddy

Postby Jisgone » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Your maccas does banana shakes? soooooo not fair!

Congrats on your exam mark :)
Jisgone

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress