It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress (#3)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Sassyt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Well done on your exams!!! Oh and hey you are loosing weight nicely...

Well done!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Freddy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Annnnnd I'm back from a well earned vacation!

Thanks for the reply sassy :)

I've not been watching my weight at all during my vacation, but have been riding the bike a lot which apparently kept my weight within reasonable boundaries.

I weigh 92.6kg's this morning.

Back on track counting the calories. Have a birthday today, but I'm not letting one piece of pie destroy my day :)

New simple goal? I want to lose weight upto a point that my cycling clothes will be one size smaller.

More updates coming up tonight :)
Freddy

Postby Gordz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 pm

wooooooooo you're still around too! Hit that censored man! cycvle like its the tour de straya!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Freddy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:04 am

Gordz! Great to see you're still around as well. How's the loss going?

Today sucked badly. I thought just a slice of pie wouldn't ruin my day. Turns out the host didn't get any regular food at all. Had a cup of soup and a slice of bread for lunch. Though, during the afternoon the host threw lots of different snacks onto the table, which tickeled my carb craving. It sucks basically, as I'm still not strong enough to constrain myself from actually eating stuff like that.

Tomorrow will be better. Next birthday coming up will be on September 11th, so I have just over a month to workout as much as I can, and stuff in as few carbs as possible.

Had a look at Taylor Lautner's diet/workout. Maybe a bit too much for me, even though I want to get an 8pack like him. 6Packs are sooooo 2009 ;)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 am

One of my co-workers came to work with a huge cake today, because of his newborn son. One slice tasted great. A second one tasted even better. A third one... I'll stop talking about the cake now. Had an incredible bloated feeling in my stomach this evening which is finally gone now. Feeling lots better.

Though, I ate too much. Far too much.

Starting tomorrow I will be back on the bike :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Yesterday was alright. I did eat another slice of cake, thanks to yet another celebration at work. It's okay, no harm done.

Over the past half week I've lost around 1kg of temporary crap already, so it's not too bad. I'm still working on getting all my vacation weight out of the body, might take another 2, maybe 3 weeks. Feeling good though. Took the bike to work yesterday and got soaking wet from the rain, but that doesn't ruin my day anymore. Only worries are that my shoes won't be dry before I need to hit the road again in one and a half hour ;) Today only sun though, just like tomorrow. I feel like today will be a lovely day.

Reminds me of the "Lovely daze" song from Will Smith. Inspiration and motivation. Gotta love it :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Yesterday was good. Grabbed a bag of chips after diner, but since diner didn't fall too well on my stomach it came back out through the entrance. Doesn't really matter, it happens after a rough ride to work without haven't eaten in 4 hours.
On a less serious note, what hasn't been digested by the body and came back out through the entrance can't be turned into extra weight right? :lol:

Feeling good though! Have to work this Saturday, so today is my day off. Will be going to the ZOO with my ladies and have some fun to get rid of the work related muck in my brain.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Annoyingly enough, my weight went upward this week. I actually weigh 92.7kg's right now, which is .2 more than when I came back from vacation.

This week I will be keeping on a serious diet, consisting of.... counting calories. My calorie intake will be as low as I can keep it.

I'm kicking it up a notch this week and WILL get some improvement out of it.

Still thinking whether I should start doing some weightlifting along with it to firm up some of my muscles...
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 am

Small update, nothing really important.

Today sucked, had a small party over at my sis in law and ate too much, and too unhealthy. Watching youtube transformation vid's for inspiration now.... :roll:

Over the past week I didn't shave entirely. I groomed a goatee and it actually looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

Will be taking pictures of myself every two weeks to register the weight loss and get some more inspiration.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 pm

It's been a 'little while' since I've been here. I've been riding my bike daily, but then in October 2010 my company decided to give me a new job. So now I'm working further from home, but with a company car. Basically, I've not been riding my bike as much as I'd like to and have gotten seriously out of shape.

Currently I'm on the bike again, though much less as I was before. I'm riding about once a week, sometimes twice, and doing longer rides to get into shape for my first official ride on April 2nd. It's going to be harder than I imagined though...

My weight's gone up again, I weighed in at 94kg's this morning. I'll be working on that again as well. I won't be dieting as strict as before by eating crackers and such, but I will be counting my calories each day. For now I've set my goal to lose 0.2kg's each day. In a week I will detirmine whether that's been a realistic goal, or whether I should be modifying my goals.

So, lots of work to do, and a little time to do it in.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to get back on the horse? I'd like to say I fell off the wagon, but I didn't really... I lost the entire wagon and all I have left is an old race horse that's had its best time ;)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 am

Trying to figure it all out.

Will be seriously cutting down on the coffee. One cup a day should be enough. Coffee apparently messes up the blood sugar levels, which results in food cravings. And as we all know, food cravings result in grabbing into the fridge or cupboard for something tasty, not something that just fills the stomach or kills the hunger. And we also know that tasty is hardly ever very healthy.
Next to that, I find myself craving carbs after dinner as well. This is most probably the result of a messed up sugar level as well. After I've eaten the sugar levels lower too fast which causes a new hunger. Well, let's see what we have in the cupboard... Ooh, chocolate! Ooh, cookies! Ooh, cheese!

No more...

As some of my old motivators around here know, I have hypotheroidism. My thyreoid gland works too slow, which is one of the causes of my metabolism being too slow. If I workout more, I should lose weight more easy, but that theory was proven wrong by me. Wheter I sit on my butt all week, or I ride 250km a week on my bike, my metabolism just handles every situation the same: Like a rastafarian. No man, just relax!

So today my life got a twist. Coffee got kicked out the door, and was replaced by water. First days will be hard as my body doesn't know what to do with clean fuel intake yet. I kept walking to the toilet and back to the office all day, so at least I got my workout ;) In about a week my body will get more used to the water and I will be going to the toilet a bit less. Though, my body will be cleaner than before which is good.

This Friday I will be doing an 80km bike ride in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to it, the weather is supposed to be great. About 5C and sunny, I'm gonna have fun :) It's been over a week since I last rode my bike so it's about time as well. I need the workout... On April 2nd I will be ride the "Ronde van Vlaanderen", simply translated: "Tour of Flanders". I've chosen to do a 75km bike ride through Belgium with a friend which will be my first real ride. About 5000 riders will be attending the ride so I don't want to look like an idiot climbing the Belgian hills on the bike ;)

There's a lot to discuss here right now. Life's not been good to me lately. Wife's been in an artificial menopause for about half a year which messed up my life as well as hers. Luckily that should be over soon, and maybe a new kid will follow. There's still hope, as we would love to have a little brother/sister for Hannah, who's already turning three this April.

So let me end this strange speech of mine by saying: Life's not always what we hoped it would be, but we should, and can make the best out of any situation God's putting on our paths. After all, God will never give us more than we are able to handle...
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Trying to motivate myself to post here each day. Needs some getting used to I guess.

Yesterday was a good day. I decided not to just do a weekly weigh in, but rather a daily. Yesterday morning my heart skipped a beat stepping onto the scales. I never thought I'd get rid of 1kg in just 1 day. Not sure how I managed to that though, as I didn't perfectly stick to my eating plans.

This morning my heart didn't skip a beat, but that probably was because yesterday was such an extreme loss. This morning the scales decided to motivate me again, and tell me I now weigh 92.6kg's. That basically means I lost 1.6kg's in 2 days.

There must be some serious crap getting flushed from my body now I drink mostly water. 2 Cups of coffee a day apparently works awesome. Though, my body needs some getting used to, as I notice myself yawning once every 20 minutes ;)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:07 am

The bike ride ended at 25km instead of the planned 80km. One of the bolts in my seatpost got screwed up causing my saddle to tilt all the time. I decided to take the short route and get back home. It was fun while it lasted.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I misbehaved yesterday. A lot. So today it turns out I weigh 93.9 kg's.

I'm thinking about planning rope jumping sessions each night.
Freddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Nothing worse than a tilting bike seat!

Jumping rope is an absolute cardio bomb! Be prepared to have very sore calf muscles though if you haven't done much of it for a while
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress