It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress (#3)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Freddy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Haven't done it for years. Maybe even decennia ;) It's about time I do something next to cycling. I could use some cardio.

As said yesterday, the past days have been hard. This Sunday I went on an eating spree. It's so damn hard to stay of the chips when you've had just one. I tried, but just didn't manage... This morning I did another weigh in and see my weight at 93.1, which is .3 higher than I planned it to be.
Last week I noticed how much weight loss is possible in just one day, though that will be gradually going down. Let's just make this week about recovering from my eating spree and returning to the weight I do want myself to be at. My goal for this Saturday will be 92.0 kg's.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm

There's something strange going on and I can't quite put my finger on it. I've only lost 0.2 since past wednesday, though I stuck to counting calories all this time. I've noticed doing pretty good and eat as few calories as possible, but still I seem to lose hardly any weight. What I did notice is that my weight went up from yesterday, though 2 days ago I did some excessive eating (slightly above my permitted cal.count).
Does anyone know if there's a delay from eating to actual weight gain? Does it take an extra day to get settled in your body, of does it show up on the scales right the next day?
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Interesting to see how I did lose some weight from yesterday to today.

Here's a little overview of what happened to my weight, combined with the calorie intake:

W:__BMI:__Cal:
92.3 27.6 1478
92.3 27.6 1776
92.1 27.5 1880
92.1 27.5 1938
91.9 27.4 1577
92.1 27.5 1208
91.8 27.4

The way it looks to me, is that when on a day I eat too much, it takes an extra day for the calories to settle in and show up their weight.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm

The past days I've been kind of stuck on 91.7 kg's. Nothing has been happening, though yesterday I went on a 50km bike ride and this morning I weighed in at 91.6 kg's, even though I was eating like a freak last night.

Ah well, even though the scales only showed me a .3 loss since last Sunday, my 'Sunday clothes' fit better. I was able to pick a regular fit shirt from the closet and wear that, instead of a comfort fit shirt. My pants buttoned as if they were specially tailored for me and the belt I wear is running out of holes.

It feels great, even though a journey like this takes time. A load of time. But in the end? It's worth every second...
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:54 pm

I was planning to go on bike ride yesterday to improve my hill climbing capabilities. Unfortunately my bike's lights were drained so I didn't get to go after all.

I needed to do something, so I decided to plug in the Nintendo Wii and do some Wii Fit. It was fun. Lots of fun :) I burned a total of 220kcal, which is supposed to be the same as a portion of pasta salad. Not too bad I guess. I did a 10min free jog session in it, some hula hooping and some sets of jackknifes.

The abs are perfectly fine today, but my calves are killing me thanks to the free jogging. I had fun though, and wasn't thinking I would last 10min of jogging at all. I'll be doing this more often.

Tonight I've got bible class, so I won't be doing any workout. Thursday night is the night I'm home alone with my daughter. So I'll be putting my daughter to bed tommorrow and will be doing maybe 1hr of working out on the Wii. I feel awesome for doing it :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm

91.0 this morning, feels like the '80s are coming back again :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Yesterday my calves were still hurting from the Wii jogging session. Even though they still hurted, I decided to do another Wii jogging session yesterday night. 20 Minutes of free jogging, some jackknifes, a bit of hulahooping and some basic steps.

My calves hurt and I'm glad I use different muscles in my calves when cycling. This afternoon I'll be doing a hillclimbing session on the bike, which may result in ultimate calve pain tomorrow, and I will be doing about 60km total I hope.

Saturday April 2nd I will be riding the Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders), which is a one day ride. I've chosen the 75km ride, even though there is a 150km and a 250km version of it as well. I'll be hurting plenty, so I though 75km is enough for this time of the year.

And here's one to shock the fellow 'losers' on the boards: Tonight I will be shaving my legs. Yes... I'm a man... ánd a cyclist!
Freddy

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Are you going to paint your toenails too? :P Just kidding

That's some bloody good work with the biking! Good on you!

Take it easy on your calves with the jogging though... "no pain no gain" is the wrong attitude for anything at the knee or below IMO... better a few days off now than a few weeks off later!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Freddy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

The knees are great so far, haven't had any trouble with them at all.

This Saturday I had a birthday party and I was stuffed with all the good stuff. Good stuff when it comes to taste, that is... As for dieting, it really sucked. I still don't have the discipline to just leave the potato chips in the bowl and stick to a diet. This morning I weighed and noticed I weigh 92.6 again. Most of it will be 'quick weight' and will be going away in just a couple of days working out though, but still it sucks as I need to get rid of 1.6kg's extra this week. And in two days it will be weigh-in-day again.... :(

As for painting the toe nails... Heck, why not :lol:
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Past Saturday was my "Ronde van Vlaanderen". I had an amazing day and would do it again in a heartbeat... as soon as my muscle pains have gone away ;) A few hills were too steep for me to climb, but Sunday I've seen pro's get of their bikes at the same hills, so I'm not worrying about that :)

The morning after I was actually in the 80's, I weighed 89.9 kg's! :D

This morning obviously, my body has recovered from Saturday and gained me a bit extra, I weigh 92.4 now which is more than before I started the race on Saturday. It's okay though, I'll be fine. I'm getting back on the diet train right now and want to weigh sub-90 as soon as possible. Maybe it's a mental thing, but being in the 80's feels lots better than being in the 90's.
Freddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I get bad calf cramps too (courtesy of being a cyclist). Try stretching them every day and hold the stretch for a good 3 min.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Freddy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:55 am

I'm feeling great right now. No sore muscles anymore. Just the palms of my hands hurt a bit thanks to the awesome 3km of cobbles I rode in Belgium. It wasn't a race, but I won from myself anyway :)
Freddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 am

Ow Cobbles! If it's only your hands sore you did well!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Freddy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Had some trouble using my hands for the first two days after the ride. My right hand was filled with blisters. Picture of me on the 'Kapelmuur' coming up :)

The ride was awesome, it was everything I expected it to be, and much much more. Next group ride will be on May 28. No cobbles this time, lots of asphalt and lots of fun I guess. I'm looking forward to it.

Stuck to my diet mostly for the past week, though the day after the ride I ate a bit too much and I haven't tracked my calories that day either. I must have eaten at least one bag of potato chips, around half a liver sausage (tastes better than it sounds) and some pie and loads of cookies. Even though I went rogue that day, I've lost 0.6 kg's this week which is awesome.

Feeling good and can almost smell the 80's! :D
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:04 am

Again a bike ride. Longer than the "Ronde van Vlaanderen" this time. I did 90 km's, and got back home, feeling sick as a dieing puppy. Burning eyes, sore wrist, sore elbows, sore shoulders, sore lower back. I just want to go sit in a dark corner and die...

...no wait. I don't want that. But what I do want is eat some serious stuff to repair my sick body. I'm craving chocolate. But there's none in this empty house :(
Freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress