It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:28 am

Free Newsletter

Freddy's progress (#3)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Freddy's progress (#3)

Postby Freddy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Woke up with a terrible headache this morning. Spoke with some guys on a cycling forum, and we came to the conclusion that what happened on the bike ride yesterday was a simple case of dehydration. Lesson learned. Bring more water. Drink more water. Eat some salt.

Couldn't resist the scales this morning though, and stepped on. Exactly 90kg's, so even though I drank too little I must have lost a bit of weight in fat. At least I gave my metabolism a boost and am pretty excited to see what will happen there in the upcoming week :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I've been searching for several ways to actually start losing fat, instead of weight. I've discovered that when weightloss occurs with me it limits itself to muscle degeneration and lose of fluids. Not good.

So I've been searching, as I was saying, and discovered that this is an issue dealt with by a lot of bodybuilders. After joining a forum and discussing this with them, the idea is that I should eat more and differently from the way I eat now.

Starting yesterday I now eat a bowl of oats and milk each morning (I love that stuff), an apple in between, 4 slices of bread during lunch, an orange in between, a powerbar during the ride home and for diner a regular plate full. I've been finding it a lot to take in during the day, but I'm testing this out to see whether this is the solution to my problems.
For those wondering, I do not lift weights or whatever. My sport is cycling, basically a full lower body workout with lots of cardio incorporated in it.

I'm feeling good at the moment. Did a bike commute home yesterday afternoon and this morning rode the bike back to work. Took me 2 hours one way, but it's a nice change from driving the car for one hour. As I said, I'm feeling good.

Next to the cycling, I've incorporated my Nintendo Wii into my workout sessions as well. I've been planning to do a one hour workout each day on my Wii, but haven't been able due to a busy schedule. I'm still trying though. Tonight I'll do at least half an hour.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 am

So alright, a little more intel on the 'diet' I'm on. Basically I need to eat exactly the amount of carbs my body needs. My body will burn this, and I will stay on the weight I'm at. So if I weigh in at 91.0 this morning, tomorrow morning I should weigh in at 91.0 as well. Though, this only counts when I don't work out.
Fortunately for me, I am working out, which means I'm burning more than my 2100kcal a day. This means that I will be burning fat instead of getting energy from my muscles which leads to muscle degeneration, or I will be losing too much fluids which I compensate by drinking at least 2 liters of water each day.

It's only fair to say that, considering I've been cyling out of work yesterday afternoon, and into work this morning, I am feeling great. This means I've been eating and drinking as I should.

I'll be having a closer look at this diet for at least one week and evaluate whether I need to workout more, or eat slightly different after that.

So Monday next week, I wil be looking at my diet and see what the results are. I will be taking in mind as well whether I need to modify my intake of protein, carbs and fats as well.

What you are reading above is what bodybuilders do when they are 'cutting'. It's pretty interesting to read into, especially when deciding to build muscle mass, and lose fat mass.

I'm excited to see what will come from this.
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

My weight's been going up slightly over the past few days, but this morning when putting on a pair of pants that used to be slightly tight, I notice it being a bit less tight. So maybe this is actually working. I'll be keeping track of this :)
Freddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Do you have one of those body comp scales or just a regular kind? Maybe up your protein so you've got something to build muscle from with all the exercise?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Freddy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 am

It's just a regular digital scale, so it doesn't measure body fat percentage. Though I did a calculation and it appears I have around 32% of body fat, based on a waist size I measured a long time ago. Couldn't find my measuring tape, but will look for it so I can check out the exact percentage.
As for the pants being more loose, and the upped weight, I do think I have been gaining some serious calf and thigh muscle during my bike rides. I did some pretty serious rides, and think I've been getting quite some proteines, looking at the amount of lean meat I've eaten. I'm thinking of baking eggs using a fat-less-baking-spray and get rid of the yolks before I bake them. Protein is good, cholesterol is bad.

Still feeling good, but I'm getting a bit paranoid that I'm overeating myself. I don't want to do that...

I'm gonna make a list of things of myself I'm not happy about and want to change. Makes the workouts a bit more concrete than just doing one hour of cardio and not focusing on muscle growth at all :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Weighed in this morning, 91.7 kg's. That's .7 kg's more than past Monday, which was a clean 91.0 kg's. I'm feeling good and haven't been hungry since this Monday when I started my new diet, so that's a good thing. Even though I weigh more than this Monday I feel better, and my pants fit better as well.
I'm getting pretty confident that I am repairing my muscle tissue, and am pretty excited to see how this story will continue. My guess is that once my muscles are repaired, I will start losing some weight in fat.Though, I keep forgetting to do some cardio. I wanted to be Wii-ing last night, but had to go to bible study so it didn't happen. Tonight I have a meeting from work, so I'm not sure whether I will have time as well. Tomorrow is my night off, so I'm going to be kicking ass tomorrow night. Next to that, tomorrow I will have to move lots of stuff around at work so I'm getting pretty physical. Should count for some light cardio and fat burning as well, right? :)
Freddy

Postby Freddy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 pm

So as my diet is just a test, I stepped onto the scales this morning, and noticed I actually lost 0.7kg's compared to yesterday. Looks like my muscles are recovered and my body is starting to get rid of the excess fat. I'll be keepint track of this :)
Freddy

Previous

Return to Personal Progress