It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:06 am

Free Newsletter

My Weightloss Odyssey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My Weightloss Odyssey

Postby nothing2lose » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Third Weigh In

Okay. Week three, and the past couple of days have been crap. :(
My first mistake was catching up with a friend for lunch on Thursday. I went to Stephanie Alexander's restuarant in Melbourne. There werent that many options that fit with my eating plan. But, to be honest, I kind of almost didnt care. I wanted an excuse not to stick to my plan. So I had a steak sandwich and polenta fries. YUMMY!! The only good thing was that being a pricier type of place the serves were small. My only win was my friend had dessert and I passed. That wasnt easy because they sounded divine :cry:

It fell apart from there. Friday I had to take my little girl to the city for an appointment. I found myself at the Vic Market and, having had no breakfast (and a big, fat donut sl*t), said yes to her when she asked if we could get some hot jam donuts from one of those mobile vans. We got six. I ate three.
From there it was a ricotta and spinach roll for lunch. And then homemade pizza for tea. :( :( :(

The irony of all this is, after being stuck on 108.2kg for two weeks, I weighed myself on Friday morning and I was 107.3kg. But instead of being encouraged, I sabotaged myself and started back to my old ways.

Saturday came and I thought I would get back on the horse. My good (but apparently, weak) intentions were ruined (or so I told myself) by the fact the milk was off. Which meant no cereal and no coffee. I was okay with the no cereal bit. I had a couple of pieces of cape seed toast with vegemite but I wanted that coffee. Sure, I could have got off my fat arse and gone to the shop and got milk but it seemed so much easier to use ice-cream as a whitener. I am pathetic. And the coffee didnt even taste that good.
Following my mantra - you may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, I had leftover pizza for lunch, then chicken and prawn steamed wontons for dinner (as well as a few fried ones).

In short, I have well and truly FELL OFF THE WAGON :oops: :cry: :evil: :? :( :roll:

I got on the scales this morning....108.1kg. A weight loss of 100gms.

To top it off I am in hormone hell. My face is full of pimples. My legs are aching with fluid retention. I am being a censored to everyone who dares look at me and I feel like crap. I wish my period would come.

I guess I have a choice. Throw it away or start again.

Can any of you successful weightlosers out there tell me where there days you felt like this? What did you do to re-focus? How do you lose a lot of weight (ie over 20-30kgs) without going backwards? I really want to know. I feel like I will never do it because I am too weak and pathetic. I have great short term willpower but long term??... Forget it!

To top it off, apparently I am a whiny whinger too. Sorry (if anyone is still reading this!)
I just feel crappy and I wanted/needed to vent.

Hope you are all doing better than me

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi N2L, I just wanted to say don't give up!

I recently got sick and could do nothing but stay in bed (so no exercise, or even just normal activity) and I sort of lost my mind a bit and went back to old bad eating habits. The end result was I put on 5kg in 1 month. I was at 94kg and went back up to 99kg. This broke my heart and I sort felt like saying "what is the point!" forgetting that I had already lost 17kg. Losing that 17kg has already changed my life for the better, it is truly amazing and crazy how already it has made life so good! Imagine how it will be in another 10, 20, 30kg!

But, I found it incredibly hard to get back into the right zone and mind frame after this gain.
My biggest tip is to get that motivation happening again. Read weight loss stories, forums, sites etc. Look at some before and after photos! Listen to some weight loss and health inspired podcasts. That really helped me. Set yourself some own small personal challenges that will help with weight loss, like cooking something healthy you have never tried weekly (reading healthy cooking blogs are inspiring also!). Breaking out of a binge cycle is so hard, I know how it feels to have a bad meal and just think "stuff it...I'm eating what I want today now". Jillian Michaels (US Biggest Loser trainer) has a quote relating to it, that is famous in weight loss circles but it is so effective "if you puncture a tyre in your car, you don't get out and slash the other 3 do you? No, you change the tyre and continue on with your journey". So accept you’ve had a bad meal, forgive yourself, and continue on with your healthy endeavours.

Secondly...and you might not like this...but you have got to get active. Find an activity you like (or don't dislike as much as others!) and just do it. Don't think about it, don't stress over it, and don’t give yourself a chance to make excuses, just get moving! In the beginning I thought about it like going to work (or something else you dislike at times). There are a lot of mornings where I could wish I could stay in bed and not go to work...but it has to be done, there is no option. Just like exercise. And trust me; you will learn to love it. You might even crave it at times. I never would of believed someone if they told me that when I started but it is true, becoming fit and strong is addictive!

So that is me I have lost 17kg, I have had my bump in the road and gained and still have 38kg to go! Wowsers, a long long longgg way to go! They call it a journey for a reason; full of exciting highs and depressing lows...it's an adventure! I have no doubt it makes us come out as better, amazing, strong people at the end, you can't go through all that and not.

So stick around with me N2L! We can doooo it!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi N2L...

I remember the week i only lost 100grams and i thought it was SOOOO bad!! .. trust me on this, it's not bad, it's fantastic... to not only maintain but lose something, anything! Go have a look at a 100gram stick of butter. It's a nice little loss. I think i am going to have a big gain when i weigh in this week, i would kill to get a 100g loss lol. Be proud of yourself :D

I so agree with Happygirl about forgiving yourself and moving on. My slip ups aren't what do me the most damage, i do the most damage when i punish myself afterwards. I linger on my stuff ups and make them worse.

You aren't pathetic, you are strong. You get smacked down and get back up again. That's a true sign of strength. Don't give up on yourself!! Imagine if someone else was talking to you the way you talk to yourself? You would be offended right?

Like if i started telling you .. "You are pathetic, you can't do this!! YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS"... that would get you annoyed right?

Try and talk to yourself the way you talk to other people. I bet you give strangers more respect and empathy than you give yourself. Be kind to you!!

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Czarina » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Happygirl is spot on, couldn't have said it better myself!

We all have slip-ups from time to time, but, it's what we do after them that counts. You had a couple of bad days, so what? Just get back to it and move on!

Once you are back at it for a few days, it will become a lot easier, trust me! You can do it!
Czarina

Postby PortlyPrincess » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 am

Hello N2L,

I just discovered this thread, and read it all in one go. Thank-you so much for writing it because I bet there are so many people who are going through exactly the same things as you. It is so frustrating when you are trying to be good and eat the right things, and the scales stubbornly refuses to show it! You should definately be proud of a loss, any loss. As many other people have said, a week losing 100g is better than gaining it.

I know the exact Vic market donuts that you are talking about! Love them! I think you should be proud for only eating three. I would have distracted the little girl with a puppy or dolly and nabbed the whole six. :wink:

Everyone falls off the wagon at some point, but if it is unbearably difficult the CSIRO plan might not be right for you. Sometimes the motivation and commitment is there but the program is just not compatible. I tried Lite n Easy late last year. Absolutely everyone else who had tried it lost weight, and I did too, in the first week....until I was craving chocolate and pastry and real meat... Long story short, I ended up gaining weight and convinced myself that it wasn't possible for me to ever lose it. Of course that is not true, but I needed a plan that didn't re-arrange my whole life and require me to give up every food that I liked.

Don't let a few bad days bring you down. You are doing really well. :)
PortlyPrincess

Postby juliette » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 am

Hi

I am just starting out and I am inspired by your honesty and openness. Secrets have kept me eating and kept me fat. My goal at the moment is to keep an honest food journal. Sounds easy but I find it really hard. I don't want to admitt to myself or anyone else how I use food so it is very confronting. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Juliette :)

CW 108
GW 65
juliette

Postby nothing2lose » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I am really overwhelmed - and grateful - for the kind words of encouragement you have all written to me. I really appreciate it!! I plan on speaking to your particular points but I dont have the time right now. In short though, everything you all said is right!! :lol: We are all amazingly smart and inciteful on this site!! :D

I was also humbled by those of you who have mentioned that I am inspiring you on your journeys. It's an amazing thought to me that someone could actually be motivated by something I do (especially weight loss!) Thank you, and good luck to you all. I hope I prove worthy of comments and dont let you - or myself - down.

The scales are being a bit kinder to me this week, which is strange because I think my period is FINALLY coming. Every morning when I weigh myself I have been 107.4 or just under. This is about a kilo loss. I have have been tempted to change my ticker but because my "official" weigh in day is Sunday, it kind of feels like I would be cheating if I record my weight before then. But, boy, will I be P*SSED OFF if it is back up again on Sunday :lol:

Anyway, hope you are all well. It is freezing in Melbourne today, so I hope it is warmer in your necks of the wood.

Chat more later

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

nothing2lose

Postby nothing2lose » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 am

Weigh In Number 4

Phew. It's Weigh In Day and the scales were kind enough to stay where they have been most of the week. 107.3kg. Not too bad I guess.
I am about to have a not so great week in that it is my birthday on Thursday and I have a couple of lunches planned (not both on the same day!). Also going to stay at the new Crown Metropol with the other half next weekend, and go to a swanky restaurant for dinner on Saturday. So I envisage some eating and drinking. Then back on the horse!! Hopefully the weight fairies will take pity on me and stay away :lol:

n2l

nothing2lose

Postby lalalaaa » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 pm

CONGRATS on the loss N2L!
Happy Birthday for the week.
Everything looks good, you've planned your break-out days, no guilty eating if you know its going to happen. I have a friend who celebrates a whole birthday month, you're only having a few days.
Birthdays should be a guilt free days, they only happen once a year.
It looks like you are going to have a Fabulous week next week. Have fun and enjoy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Postby Sassyt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm

You are doing great N2L just hang in there. I have a get together planned too tomorrow. I always feel so bad after those boozing and eats that I indulge in when days like that come, I have however leant to forgive myself and just get back on the wagon. Whats the point really if we not going to have fun hey!!!

HAPPY BDAY FOR THURSDAY :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby nothing2lose » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 am

Okay...this morning I am feeling a bit bloated. It was my birthday yesterday and I was pretty contained in my eating (relatively speaking) but I still feel uncomfortable.
I ate -
low fat, no sugar pancakes for breaky with a smear of low fat butter spread and a dribble of maple syrup
two pieces of burgen seed bread toasted with some fat reduced coon cheese melted (no butter or anything) for lunch
a tiny pack of snakata "corn chips"
Dinner was a small trimmed steak on a slice of sour dough with mushrooms and onions and hot english mustard ( OH's famous open faced steak sandwich) with some salad and about six potato swirl things (OH cooked)

Dessert was a piece of woolworths choc mud cake - and it was a normal size piece and i didnt go back for seconds (yay!).

I was going to have a glass or two of red but I forgot :lol:

I realise this isnt exactly diet food but I think i did okay. Nevertheless, I still feel bloated and uncomfortable.

The other thing is, my other half (bless him) bought me a pasta machine, pizza stone and three cook books as part of my birthday pressie :roll: :lol: :shock: :? :o :!:
It kind of wasnt what I was expecting. Especially from him. But I have been wanting a pasta machine for ages. He said it wouldnt hurt to have a pasta meal once a month and i know he is right. Just have to make sure I am not tempted to do it more often!!!! Especially as one of the recipe books is a pasta one with more than 200 (amazingly delicious looking) recipes.
The other books were the companion cookbook to the SBS Food Safari series and the new CSIRO cookbook. So, on balance, not too bad :lol:

Speaking of temptations, I have been fighting the urge to redo my ticker because, for the past three mornings I have been 106.4kg. :D
Unfortunately, I have made Sunday my weigh in day so to change my figures before that feels like cheating! Problem is, tomorrow night we have a room booked at the new Crown Metropol and are planning dinner (and drinking) at a swanky restaurant. I am not going to hold back on having something yummy. Perhaps, just this once, weigh in can be Saturday!!

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes. It was lovely to receive them.

Hope you are all doing well --- and, for those of you in the cold South like me, keeping warm!

n2l

nothing2lose

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Happy Birthday for yesterday N2L !!

I think you should weigh in early, record your loss and feel good about it!

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby nothing2lose » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 am

Weigh In Number 5

Okay, decided to weigh in a day early due to me not being here tomorrow (not to mention a planned gorge tonight ;) )
106.6kg. That's 0.2 of a kg more than it's been for the past couple of mornings but I will take it!
I havent been great over the past couple of days so it is probably catching up with me. Back on track next week when birthday celebrations are done and dusted!!

Hope all is well with everyone else and the kilos are melting off :)

n2l

nothing2lose

Postby fi_112 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:43 pm

nothing2lose wrote:

Can any of you successful weightlosers out there tell me where there days you felt like this? What did you do to re-focus? How do you lose a lot of weight (ie over 20-30kgs) without going backwards? I really want to know. I feel like I will never do it because I am too weak and pathetic. I have great short term willpower but long term??... Forget it!

Hi - you might wanna read Shalimar's story. She hasn't been around here for awhile but she went form 170kg to 60kg and it was so inspiring to read! :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Sassyt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Oh yes seconded Fii Shamila's story is indeed a great inspirational story, she is the phenomenal woman...
You are doing great though N2L!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress