It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

My progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My progress

Postby bananarama1 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Hey

Just a post for me to keep my progress. So I decided a while ago I was going to do this, and finally started 2 days ago. I have been drinking plenty of water and eating fruit rather than snacking on junk. I am finding that I am not getting hungry by having breaky at about 7am, fruit at 10.30am, lunch at 12.30pm, fruit at 4.30pm and dinner at 6pm.

I haven't lost any weight as yet but I have already lost 2cm off my waist. I will weigh-in every sunday.

What is the best time of the day to weigh-in?

I hope to of lost a bit of weight by the 5th of August. But I'm not really sure what a realistic goal is. I have 69 days until the 5th of august, so just over 2 months.

I am really excited! I will start running every night soon as I am not too unfit because I walk 4km Mon-Fri.

It would be awesome if someone could tell me a good weight range for a female of 1.65m tall.

SW: 95
CW:95
GW: 70 (ish) :D
bananarama1

Re: My progress

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Hey there!

The best time to weigh in is in the morning after you pee. Either naked or in underwear. If you can't do this... make sure you weigh in at the same time of day, wearing roughly the same thing, and always on the same scales. The reason for this is you can easily go up and down by a couple of kilos throughout the day, also different scales can vary in weights. If you weigh in at the same time of day every week in the same conditions, you can get a more accurate measurement of your losses. It's also a good idea to measure your waist, arms, neck, thighs. Sometimes you are gaining muscle and losing fat... but your weight on the scales won't change.

A realistic weight loss rate would be 500grams per week. Some weeks you will lose less and some more. At the beginning you may drop a couple of kilos in the first week, with this in mind i would aim to lose from 5-8 kilos in two months.

The worst thing you can do in my opinion, is set yourself up for failure. By that i mean... telling yourself you will lose 10-15 kilos in 2 months. It's so much pressure, i've done that before many times and it just resulted in me feeling like a failure because i couldn't lose that much weight.

I would aim to eat 5-6 times a day. 3 main meals, and 2-3 smaller. Lots of vegetables and not so much fruit. 2 pieces of fruit a day is about the norm. Eat some nuts like almonds for one of your smaller snack type meals. Eat protein ... chicken, lean meats, fish, tofu, eggs, cottage cheese ... The key is to eat plenty of the right foods. Not less food.

It's very hard to tell someone what their weight should be. It depends on your body fat %, for example at my weight... i am a very high % of fat, yet there are other people out there at my weight who have a lower % of fat, because they have more muscle from working out.

70 kilos is a good weight. I know someone that weight and your height and they look tiny, they fit into about a size 12 or 14 depending on the clothing size, they are fit. These are all just my random thoughts, i'm in no way telling you to take my word for it. It's just some ideas.

Best of luck with it all! Hope to see you around :D

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Sassyt » Fri May 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Hey there good luck to you.
with regards to
bananarama1 wrote:
It would be awesome if someone could tell me a good weight range for a female of 1.65m tall.

my Doctor told me my ideal weight would be my last two digits of my height... Im 1.64cm and he said my ideal, healthy weight would be something around 64kg... not sure how legitimate that is but just sharing what I was told lol... On the other hand I agree with FFS people have different shapes, body fat and even the density of the bones... I am guessing feeling healthy, and feeling good in your skin is all that matters.

TC
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Shay » Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 am

^Thats exactly right.

If you want to go by BMI, the best weight range for 1.65cm would be around 55-68kgs.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby bananarama1 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 am

Thanks for all that information guys!

I will probably update this post a couple times a week.

It would be great to be around 70kg by the end of the year or somewhere to the start of next year, especially because I will be in my final year of school and it would be on my side if I was healthy and a lot more happier with my size.

I will weigh in every sunday morning then and keep you updated. I know I can come here and I always log off feeling so motivated :)
bananarama1

Postby Freddy » Sat May 29, 2010 5:29 am

Hi, I've got a website that you might find handy.

link

You can slide around with the X axle (weight) and the Y axle (height) and figure out what your best weight should be BMI-wise. Though, BMI is always dependent from other factors like for instance muscle volume (more muscle means more weight). In the end you need to play by eye to see when you're on your perfect weight.
Freddy

Postby bananarama1 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for that :)

Well no change on the scales as yet but I am down from 108cm to 104cm waistline.
I'm not really sure how that works lol but I know that my t-shirts already feel a little less tight :D

Hopefully I have lost something in a weeks time :) I haven't really had a lot of time to exercise lately as I have to study etc but I did some gardening yesterday for an hour :lol:
bananarama1

Postby Freddy » Sun May 30, 2010 5:13 pm

A 'loss' of 4cm is sometimes better than a loss of actual weight. Seems like your either building more muscles, or your muscles are firming up. It's good :)
Freddy

Postby bananarama1 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:04 pm

gone from 104com to 103.5 :) YAY!

I really hope there is a change on the scales soon, that will be so motivating :)

Although, having a bit more freedom to move in my t-shirts is awesome :)
bananarama1

Postby bananarama1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:22 pm

I am so happy! I saw that I was down a few cm and couldn't resist seeing how much I weighed.

I dropped 1kg so I am now 94kg. 1 down....24 to go :)

I feel so motivated now :)
bananarama1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Fantastic work, Bananarama!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sassyt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Great, Well done! Keep it up! :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby bananarama1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 am

Thanks everyone :)
I love this forum! So motivating :)
also I hope that when I start running next week which I haven't had time to much of this week that I will lose a tiny bit more than this week. And the I have a 2 week break coming up so I will be able to work more on my fitness then.

Update soon :D
bananarama1

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Bananarama,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your loss!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby bananarama1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks!

No loss this week but down to 101 cm waist line.

Started running this week too! So hopefully I will loose 1-2kg this week :)
bananarama1

Next

Return to Personal Progress