It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

Big loves back

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Big loves back

Postby big_love » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

I can't believe that I find myself here again! This road seems never ending! But im feeling positive.

I have finally admitted (to a professional) that I NEED HELP!...which was really hard to do! So I was referred to a dietician, a women's clinic and a psychologist, and I want to tackle this from every imaginable angle I can.
I have already met with my dietician (who is TINY! But so, so nice :)), and we set goals, weighed in and worked out an eating plan.
I've been told that I probably need to go on anti-depressants, which I'm really nervous about, but won't know more about that until June 21 when I meet with the doctor.
I'm meeting with my psychologist on Friday (which I'm also REALLY nervous about) and then the week after, back to the dietician.

So things are happening pretty fast, and i've been on the eating plan for a bit over week now. I struggled a little on the weekend, but have jumped straight back on track today, and also started logging my food intake into CK.
My only problem now is EXERCISE! I just can't get motivated to move my bum and do something! This cold weather is killing me and I just want to snuggle up in front of the fire with a hot chocolate and a book! But anyway, my goal is to do 10 minutes a day on the bike for this week and see how I go.

I love/hate to be back on the forums and hopefully I can catch up with a few of you soon.

Much love xoxo
140/117/85
big_love

Re: Big loves back

Postby nothing2lose » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello BigLove

Nice to see you here. I can relate to your post entirely. It's bloody hard!! And I truly believe food is an addiction like any other. I, for one, will be rooting for you!! :D

Can I offer a little bit of advice? I was on anti-depressants for a while a couple of years ago (long story). They worked okay but what they dont tell you is most people gain a lot of weight using them. Google Zoloft and weight gain and see what comes up! Of course, I am not a doctor and I do not know your individual circumstances but I put on 15 kilos. To top it off, they are not pleasant to wean yourself off from, even under a doctor's supervision.

I just felt I should mention this. Although I reiterate, I AM NOT A DOCTOR!!! Just take care, and be aware :)

See you in the forums

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby big_love » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 am

Amen sister. Food IS an addiction! One thats really, really hard to break, but im getting there!

Thanks for the advice on the AD and hopefully I can bring those points up with the doctor. I've got other issues other than weight which is why they have been prescribed so I'll see what she says.

I did 10mins on the bike last night (felt like an hour!) And was really proud. Just gotta try and stick to it and up the time each week, well thats the plan anyway.

Weighed in this morning at 126.3kg :) :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Hey welcome back! AHHH doesn't it just drive you crazy that weight loss is never ending? Plenty of other things in life you can set an amount of time to... get it done and move on. EG: Study... Travel... work. With weight loss that kind of doesn't work.

I'm not against pills but i've tried zoloft and it gave me rectal bleeding.:shock: Plus a side effect can be losing all of your body hair and it never growing back (hair on your head, eyelashes, pubic hair, eyebrows, arms, legs). They don't tell you that stuff. Also if you mix it with alcohol or come off it too quick, it can make you severely suicidal.

Don't mean to poopoo your plans, i just think people should be told the whole truth and nothin' but the truth when they go into these things. Whatever pill they give you, ask them for a full and complete list of possible side effects. It's up to you to work out the best path to follow, don't take your doctors advice as gospel or anyone elses (including mine lol). It's your body and you have to live with the results. I used to think everything that came out of a doctors mouth was 100% correct. Now i'm not afraid to question it.

Off my soapbox now i promise lol. 10 mins on a bike is really hard! I would be proud too. I'm proud of myself if i can manage to walk for 5 mins haha.

See you around the forums and i hope everything works out ok for you :)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby big_love » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

:) thanks for the advice FFS I'll take it into consideration.

Did 1/2 hour of WATP (walk/kick boxing) last night.
Came in under my calories.
Need to start drinking more water!
Feeling great! :)
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Welcome back! It's great to see you here again. Good luck with your meeting with the psychologist on Friday. I hope you find it helpful. Will they confirm if you need the anti-depressants or not, or are they just going to talk about your eating habits?

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks Ali, good to be back.
Basically it all started when i went to get a pap test. I ended up in tears and spilling my guts about a lot of things that have been weighing me down. She suggested I might need Anti Depressants and referred me to another doctor, who I don't see until July 21. Basically, my weight is one of many issues I have, so seeing the psych is more about getting mentally right than about weight-loss. I just feel like if I can get these other parts of my life on track, then hopefully the weight-loss will fall into place as-well. I don't particularly want to go on the AD's, but I'll see what the doctor says.
Im also seeing a dietician to get my eating sorted so at the moment, I'm in a lot better frame of mind already than i was a few weeks ago.
Just gotta wait and see how it all pans out :)
140/117/85
big_love

Postby big_love » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 pm

psychologist tomorrow.

Feeling nervous... :|
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks ali. It went well. Really overwhelming, but overall I was pretty happy. Back to see her again Wednesday week. Dietician this Friday so looking forward to weighing in with her. Had a few bad days, but im only human and I have been trying to get back on track the next meal if I over-indluge. All in all am feeling more positive and happy. :D
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm

That's great to hear! I'm glad your visit with the psychologist was so rewarding. I hope your meeting with the dietitian this Friday goes just as well! Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm

So my meeting with the dietician went great! She was really impressed with my progress and I don't have to see her now for a month. I also met with the doctor, and am happy to say I was not put on anti-depressants which is great. I meet again with the psychologist on Wednesday, which I am strangely looking forward to! Eating has been great, and have been walking most days between 40 - 60 minutes. Clothes are starting to loosen, and feeling pretty great. :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm really glad it's going so well for you! It sounds like it's exactly what you needed. I'm so excited for you! Well done on your progress! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks Ali, your support means so much! I meet with the psychologist today so that should be interesting. My walks have been great, it's nice to finally be getting the confidence to walk outside (even if it is bloody freezing!!). Things are going well and hopefully will stay that way. I'm finding that tracking my feelings, what I eat and how I feel afterwards is really great as I can see patterns in what im eating, when im eating it and why...especially around PMS time!! Does anyone else track? What patterns have you found in your diary?

Talk again soon

Tam xxx
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

I don't track at all with any aspect of my life! In fact, I only just realised that my migraines pretty much line up with TTOTM the other week... and I've been suffering migraines for years!

I'm really inspired by your success, Tam. When I finish my PhD I think I'll look into some professional help with my weight loss. Keep up the good work! I'm glad you're enjoying walking. You're braver than me. Right now I'm hibernating until this damned ice age is over. If I'm wearing a coat, gloves and hat inside while the heater is on then it is definitely too cold to go out for a walk! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Personal Progress