It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 am

Free Newsletter

Badger's Sett

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Badger's Sett

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 am

There is a lot to be said for incidental exercise.
Studies have shown that people who are classed as being blessed with high metabolisms and can eat all that they want don't have higher metabolisms.
The truth of the matter is that these people are masters of the incidental exercise and are forever "on the go".

Having said that, very large people need a very large amount of incidental exercise which is probably best found in doing some very serious intentional exercise! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 am

Blitz wrote: There is a lot to be said for incidental exercise.
Studies have shown that people who are classed as being blessed with high metabolisms and can eat all that they want don't have higher metabolisms.
The truth of the matter is that these people are masters of the incidental exercise and are forever "on the go".

Incidentally, I'm "on the go" A LOT these days yet the scales aren't really being very kind as a result, but thankfully my clothes certainly are!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:27 am

DD Diva wrote:Incidentally, I'm "on the go" A LOT these days yet the scales aren't really being very kind as a result, but thankfully my clothes certainly are!!! :wink:

Yeah...but all that toning is going to make you look real fine! 8) :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:13 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Incidentally, I'm "on the go" A LOT these days yet the scales aren't really being very kind as a result, but thankfully my clothes certainly are!!! :wink:

Yeah...but all that toning is going to make you look real fine! 8) :wink:

Kim

A welcome change from (my present state of) looking like a real fine mess!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

For the past week my weight has fluctuated between 87 and 88. It seems to be shedding at a rate of about 800 grams per week, which matches my calculations. I'm eating an average of 5500 kJ each day to create a deficit of about 3000 kJ. That means I can expect to lose about a kilo of stored energy in fat and muscle every ten days or so - with a margin factored in for natural variance and error.

One highlight of moving away from bread is I'm eating more rabbit food - er, I mean salad greens. And since I'm hungrier at mealtimes, lettuce and its ilk is beginning to taste kinda okay.
CronicBadger

Postby DD Diva » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:44 pm

CronicBadger wrote:One highlight of moving away from bread is I'm eating more rabbit food - er, I mean salad greens. And since I'm hungrier at mealtimes, lettuce and its ilk is beginning to taste kinda okay.

Think of it as a salad sandwich without the two bits of yummy that holds it all together!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:20 am

CronicBadger wrote:For the past week my weight has fluctuated between 87 and 88. It seems to be shedding at a rate of about 800 grams per week, which matches my calculations. I'm eating an average of 5500 kJ each day to create a deficit of about 3000 kJ. That means I can expect to lose about a kilo of stored energy in fat and muscle every ten days or so - with a margin factored in for natural variance and error.

One highlight of moving away from bread is I'm eating more rabbit food - er, I mean salad greens. And since I'm hungrier at mealtimes, lettuce and its ilk is beginning to taste kinda okay.

Got it down to a science (and yet wisely factoring variance and error). :)

That is one of the advantages of eating more healthily...you start to taste food anew and appreciate it better.

I'm going to post my recipe for a salad that I've made up that is really tasty soon. Definitely worth trying out and it is very quick to knock up...so stay tuned and I hope you will enjoy my variation on the rabbit food theme! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Ah, the wondrous cabbage! It goes with everything, pretty much. It is low in kilojoules and has plenty of nutrients. As such, it has been a significant part of my diet the past few weeks,acting as a "filler" instead of bread.

It's little things like that - substitutions and the formation of better habits - that help make the difference between good and bad eating.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:54 am

I've finally got around to posting my salad recipe in the Healthy Recipes section Marc.
Who knows you might enjoy my brand of rabbit food! :shock: :lol:
At the very least - it will fill you up without blowing out your calorie count. :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:18 am

After half a month of slight overeating I've clamped down on it and got back into a weight-loss frame of mind. I've found that ditching the biscuits and chocolate was easier than ever, since I've done it a number of times in the past.

One thing is certain: I definitely feel better after a week of not eating highly refined foods.
CronicBadger

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:10 pm

My weight is back to just under 90 kg. Now to begin the hard bit - continuing down to 75.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Just do it one day at a time Marc...one day at a time...make each day the day of battle and change!

Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 pm

I baked some reasonably healthy biscuits today.

Wholemeal flour, rolled oats, water, an egg, baking powder, lemon juice, vegetable oil and salt. Mixed up and made into a 1cm layer in the baking tray. 30 mins in a 220c electric oven. Came out hard and crunchy, good for a snack, healthier than the store-bought stuff.

I find that going to the effort to make them means there is less inclination to plough through them quickly. They taste good and I want them to last as long as possible. :-)
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:11 am

Not to mention all the calories you burn while you are preparing them! 8)
Also - you know exactly what is in them...no nasty surprises. :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Nothing to report except that there's nothing to report.

My weight is stable and I've maintained good eating habits. Since March I've had a running battle with bread, but that's been resolved more or less. I no longer eat bread, but do occasionally have a substitute such as a crumpet or wrap or home-made batter around a piece of fish. This way, I don't associate the taste and satiety of bread with something that looks like bread, and I eat less of the base product (refined carbs) because I don't mentally class crumpets or wraps as an edible commodity.

Yes, "smoke and mirrors", but it works.
CronicBadger

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress