It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:26 am

Free Newsletter

Badger's Sett

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Badger's Sett

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:03 pm

One thing I've neglected recently is exercise. Too much stress, too much sitting, wasted muscles. It's a negative feedback cycle that I'm trying to break. Aside from that, not much progress on the weight-loss front.
Striving to improve in every way possible.
CronicBadger

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Setback! A change of medication saw my weight balloon by six kilos in six weeks. I'm in the process of losing it, but it was quite unexpected.

I've taken to walking a few hours in the early morning, just after sunrise. Not every day, but I'm aiming for that. Just have to remember to set my alarm.
CronicBadger

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm

One thing in particular I've noticed recently is how much food costs compared to making it yourself from basic ingredients. I grow certain expensive plants, such as those used as spices, and trade other gardeners for plants I lack. I think this more careful appraisal and appreciation for food and nutrition is helping the multidimensional aspect of weightloss and healthgain.
CronicBadger

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 am

I've gone into full weight-loss mode, in the same fashion I did eight years ago when I lost over 50 kilos. I was hoping to avoid it, but my softly-softly approach wasn't bringing noticeable results. So it's back to a food diary and uncompromising discrimination.

One good thing though has been that I didn't pig out over the Christmas and New Year break. It used to be habitual, but now I've trained myself to not treat that period as a time to slacken off, since the time to "unslacken" is undefined and usually extends into January (ie weeks of poor food choices). Arrrgh!

When I lost all that weight I never imagined I'd regain half of it. But I did. Very gradually. So now I have to lose 25 kilos. Again.

However, over the intervening years I've developed good eating habits so rarely graze or eat things I shouldn't. Bread and biscuits are treats now, rather than staples. I trim fat off the little meat I eat, and have stopped using oil in stir-fries.

The only issues that remain are:
1) Portion Size
I think big is healthier, whereas the reality is that the human body is efficient and doesn't need half of what I eat.

2) Regular exercise
I am relatively sedentary and always have "more important things to do". That's self-destructive, as good health is the most important thing.
CronicBadger

Previous

Return to Personal Progress