It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

My new goal :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My new goal :)

Postby bananarama1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey Everyone,

So I have decided that I am going to start a new goal. Please tell me if you think it is unrealistic or too easy. Here's how it's going to work:

I am going to aim to loose 3kg, give or take a few grams here and there every month until 1st May 2011. I have about 4 weeks to loose 3kg, again give or take a few days, to loose 3kg.

Given that a kg is roughly 3,500 calories, I will have to burn 10,500 calories a month, 2625 calories a week and 375 calories a day.

I think it is achievable. I do have a query though. If I eat 1,000 calories a day and burn 1,375 calories each day, does this take into account the 2,000 (approx) calories I burn with resting time. If you do not know what I am referring too, I am basically talking about the calories your body burns from just staying alive :P

If that is the case then I believe my goal is achievable :)

I have also decided that each week I will set mini goals related to my food intake as this will keep me motivated. I have recently started running and have been doing it daily as well as a 4km walk. That does sound like I am over doing it but given my weight, I am not as unfit as I look :D

Anyway, I hope I will be able to achieve this goal and any suggestions or adjustments that you think should be made, please inform me :) If anyone wants to join me on this journey, then please feel free to post a comment.

Any motivation is welcome!!! :)

Thanks for reading! :mrgreen:
bananarama1

Re: My new goal :)

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:46 am

When you say that you plan on burning 1,375 calories per day, do you mean by exercise alone, exercise + basal metabolic rate, or basal metabolic rate alone? If that's calories burned through exercise then you are eating WAY too little to sustain yourself. In my opinion (for what it's worth!) 1000 calories per day sounds too little, even if you weren't exercising at all.

If your basal metabolic rate is 2000 calories (as an example) then simply cutting it to 1500 calories without any additional exercise will be enough for you to lose weight (at least until you plateau, but that's another conversation entirely). If you choose to exercise on top of that, consider eating back those calories to bring it back to 1500 calories net total so that you don't go into starvation mode, and so that your body has enough nutrients to rebuild the muscle you lose through weight loss.

On Calorie King you can work out your recommended calories for weight loss based on your daily activity levels. I'd recommend using a tool like that to find out how many calories you can safely consume per day rather than guessing at it. A dietitian or health care professional could do more individualised tests to find out exactly what your resting metabolic rate is for a more tailored program.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby bananarama1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I meant exercise + basal metabolic rate.

So what I am saying is that at the end of each day I want to have lost 375 calories.

I think I could probably do a bit more but that is what I need inorder to achieve my goal. :)
bananarama1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

In that case it might be a good idea to work out your maintenance calories then subtract 375 calories from that. This site has a maintenance calorie calculator, though other people on the forum may be able to recommend better ones.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 pm

court

Postby Gordz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 am

listen to EWQ banannanananana =)

(make your body sing)

*dances*
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg