It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Mopsy Girl's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Mopsy Girl's Journey

Postby MopsyGirl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 am

19th July 2010 was my start date, my weight is 127.8kg :? I have a long, long way to go I know!!
I hope that I will sucessfully use daily goals to get to my goal weight.
For all of you that have lost alot of weight I would like to know how you kept your focus and motivated?? XXX
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzbJAKx/]
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Re: Mopsy Girl's Journey

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Mopsy,

Last year I topped at about 127 Kgs. Since then I've come down to 101Kg.

Motivation differs between people; however, I found a few basic things seem to work for me:

1. Routine exercise to assist the creation of a habit-forming frame of mind.
I began to walk between 5-15Km most weekends and reduced intake of sugary and fatty foods (a simple start). Although the weight-loss from this level of exercise is negligible I found that this simple and easy routine is extremely helpful because it has locked me into a mental contract with myself. The experience showed me in later months that I could lock myself into other types of contracts - such as eating better and less. The routine also helps stop me from conveniently forgetting that I'm actively and constantly in this for the long haul.

2. Keep a Food Diary
I write down what I eat each day and list the Kilojoules. This way I usually keep between my 5000-7000Kj intake and cannot cheat on myself. If I have a slice of cake, or some pizza then it will be staring back at me in print. This stops me from repeatedly eating poor quality food due to "forgetfulness".

3. Remembering how bad I felt before the change.
This March I began "serious" weight-loss regime by turning to a healthy diet (natural whole food, less meat, less processed food, minimal sugar, fat, salt and alcohol) and walking more during the week.

Before the diet and the dramatic weight-loss that ensued I always felt ill, lethargic, fat and heavy, slouched everywhere, couldn't sleep on my stomach, had gastric reflux - and the list goes on.

By remembering how rotten I felt compared to now I have developed an aversion to going back to my bad eating habits.

4. Support from family, friends and this forum.
Having someone ask me, "Wow, what happened to you - stud!", is satisfying. Even just a few Kgs lost can make a difference. And they all add up over time. I regularly read the personal stories in this forum for motivation, and the articles on the website for education.

5. Don't worry about plateaux.
When I hit a plateau (where weight-loss stops for a few weeks) I don't worry, just change a few things (eat different foods, change the times and frequency of exercise) because I know I'm doing the right thing and weight-loss is just one of a number of benefits to arise from living a healthier lifestyle.

6. Live the lifestyle of a healthy thin person.
For me, most of the hard work takes place in my mind.
A few months ago I asked myself "does a healthy thin person stuff themselves daily with excessive food full of fat and sugar and alcohol and doing no exercise?" The answer was "No".

So I don't.

I now live the life of a healthy thin person - my body is slowly catching up. :-)
CronicBadger

Postby MopsyGirl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks for your input,
I've always hated doing a food diary in the past I use to hide what I had eaten even from myself,
But I am on a mission to get rid of the food fear I have created in my mind and a food diary sounds like a great tool to help me with this.
You have given me some great and positive ideas. :wink:
Thanks again XXX
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Postby Gordz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:36 pm

ive found that lite n easy and wiifit are an awesome motivation duo!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MopsyGirl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:21 am

Thanks Gordz,
I have been reading the stories in here and yours was one that I read and really liked :) I showed my partner your pics cause I think he is around about your size in the before weightloss photos. The wii fit sounds like a great way to mix it up. Can it handle my weight though??
xxx
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Postby Gordz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Of course it can Girly. Up to 150kgs! i was 137kg when I started and had 10kg of dumbells in my hands while I did the workouts and it never complained. I guess the whole thing was devised for us; so low weight limits wouldn't really be a selling point! Good luck =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MopsyGirl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Today has been hard, raining no walk, stuck inside because I am feeling lazy and a little down with my wrist playing up, having to go back to work tomorrow and the weather.
All I can think about is yummy choc self saucing pudding with double cream :twisted:
I have eaten well and already cooking dinner to ward off snacking on bread and butter. Marinated chic breast with salad and a corn cob followed by low fat ice cream and berries. Just gotta get through til dinne. :roll: I CAN DO IT!!! XXX
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Postby Gordz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:42 pm

eat like a king for breaky, prince for lunch and peasant for dinner.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Return to Personal Progress