It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

My journey towards weight loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My journey towards weight loss

Postby ami9167 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi
My name is Ami sherlock and my weight was 220 pounds , my heaight was 170 cm .I was really depressed regarding my weight.After I gained weight, I became frustrated and decided to do something about it. Then one of my freind has helped a lot. He has told me regarding Cardio and aerobics which has helped me a lot.I started with Sit-ups do not target belly fat but it does help. A combination of cardio exercise, muscles building workouts and good eating habits are the only ways to really lose weight. Diets do not work because once you get off the diet, unless doing cardio/aerobic exercise, you will just gain the weight right back. However, what does work is turning a diet into your regular eating habit. Do the pinch test. If you can grab much more than an inch, it might be fat but if not it might just be muscle tone. Sometimes, when abdominal muscles lose their tone it can be mistaken for fat.Diet plays a vital role in order to weight loss. For last six months I am following a diet which I want to share with you
Kristia's oatmeal protein pancakes

* 2cups slow-cooking oatmeal
* 12 eggs whites
* 2 scoops flavored protein powder(12grams of protein per scoop)
* 1 ounce of almonds

Preheat skilled to 350 degree Fahrenheit.Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour generous protein of the batter on to the skillet. Cook pancakes until lightly brown on both side and enjoy.

Rich's tuna surprise

* 5 egg whites
* 1 can of solid white albacore tuna, liquid drained.
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
* 3 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1/2 onion, sliced
* 1 cup cooked brown rice.

In a bowl, mix together egg whites tuna, and cheese, spray a nonstick pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute crushed garlic and sliced onions over medium heat until transparent. pour tuna mixture over onions and garlic and cook over low heat until egg whites are no longer transparent. Serve over brown rice and enjoy.
By following this with some Cardio exercise I have lost around 80 pounds in six months.I used follow one of the guidelines which I want to share....

1. Doing cardio 4-5 times a week with combination of weight training 2-3 times a week is a great way to burn body fat. In addition, really watching your calorie intake & doing palates definitely helps sculpt those muscles. If you are not seeing results, change your diet, up your cardio & increase your weights. Give yourself a good month to see results. Buy a pedometer (which will measure how much you walk a day) and try to have 10,000 steps a day; this is a minimum you need to be in good shape. The key is to be active.

2.It is also important to drink enough water to get rid of the toxins and harmful materials in your body and to be hydrated. You need to drink 8-10 glasses (8 oz) a day for average people
3.Cardio can range from something like walking, which is sustainable long term and you can do for the rest of your life to reap the benefits, or jogging, biking or running
ami9167

Return to Personal Progress