It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Free Newsletter

me11's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

me11's progress

Postby me11 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, I thought I might start my little progress diary here. I have been reading other people's progress and I feel inspired. And less alone. :)
I started of with 100kg. That's the heaviest I have ever been. Seeing that I made it to triple digits really made me stop and think. I can either be unhappy about it and start feeling depressed or I can do something about it. I chose the 2nd option. I wanna look and feel great again.
I bought an exercise bike and was gonna start with that but then I thought to hell with it all and I joined a gym as well.
Yesterday I had my first PT session and it was great. It was hard and few times I actually felt like I wanted to pass out but I kept on going and here I am today in pain but not as bad as I thought it would be. LOL. It's more my arms then anything else. I am gonna go back tomorrow and on Tuesday to work out on my own and then on Wednesday I have another PT session.
I wrote my goal for the week for my PT and the goal was to go to the gym every day from MOnday to Friday. I know I can do that. And I also don't wanna look like a looser and not stick with it in front of my PT. LOL.
Anyway, I have lost a whole 1kg in three days so I am happy to let you know that I am back in double digits again. Now I m 99kg. Still long way to go (27kg) but I'll get there. "Slow and steady wins the race", right? I'm gonna eat right and go to the gym and I'll get there. I haven't got a proper time limit on my weight loss. 1kg a week would be ok. :)
me11

Re: me11's progress

Postby me11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 am

I was really good today. I didn't go to the gym as I will be having Sundays off. That's my plan, anyway. But I cleaned a whole house, garage, mowed the loan and did some weeding and even finally got that little corner in my front yard done that has been annoying me for months now. I got some river stones and place them there after I leveled it all and then I placed a bird bath in the middle. It looks great. :) I've been on the go all day but I still don't feel tired. I loooooove feeling like this. And I pretty much stuck to my pledge. I did have extra cup of coffee today (3 instead of 2) but hey, I'm sure I burned that one teaspoon of sugar while pushing that lawn mower around. LOL.
Oh, and I made sure I didn't skip any meals and I had small snacks of fruit in between. I hope I stick to it as I do tend to slack off when it comes to breakfast. No more. I will have to make sure I eat it every morning. :)
I'm feeling on top of the world today. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Started my day in a good way. I had banana for breakfast as I really couldn't force myself to eat (I'm not a morning person). After I took the kids to school I continued straight to the gym. I had a great workout. I even managed 5 minutes on cross trainer. That thing really intimidates me. I have never been able to last long on it. Give me a stepper, rowing machine, treadmill...anything, and I am fine but that cross trainer just kills me. But today I made up my mind that I will give it my 110% and try 5 minutes like I'm supposed to be doing as a warm up. I turned the volume on my iPod all the way up and tried not to think about what I'm doing. I thought I was doing ok until I realized I still had a whole 1.40 min left. Man, I thought that was the longest 1.40 min in my life. I honestly thought I was gonna pass out but I did it. Yey me!!!! :)
When I got home I made proper breakfast of two eggs and some mushrooms and two slices of toast and I had my first cup of coffee for today but I have decided to cut out the sugar. I think I can do that from now on. It didn't taste much different without sugar in it.
I cleaned out my closet and did some washing and now I'm gonna put my feet up for few minutes. :)
My day is great so far. :)
me11

Postby SamBo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Sounds good me11!

Don't fear the cross-trainer. I totally love my one, it gives such an awesome workout. I find about 30 minutes on that at a good, alternating pace (walk speed of around 18kph and run speed of around 28-30kph) does wonders. Listening to music definitely helps, especially if it has a nice fast beat to help get you into the moment and not focusing on how long you've been on it or how much it is tiring you out.
30 year old male
100.1kg start weight 12/07/2010
89.8kg current weight 11/11/2010

90kg mini goal - Achieved 11/11/2010
85kg mini-mini goal
80kg main goal - Hopefully before Summer starts
SamBo

Postby me11 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:38 pm

30 minutes? Wow! I am aiming at only 5 at the moment and that is heaps. LOL. Well, I think I should make 15 minutes on cross trainer my next small goal. I'll try to add one minute every couple of days. And you are right about music. It makes a whole workout a lot more fun. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

I just got back from the gym and I am walking on air. LOL. I am so happy to announce that I have lost more weight. It has been a week now since I started my weightloss and so far I have lost 2.6kg. YAY!!!!! All the hard work is paying off. That's a lot more then I have expected.
Last night I did feel like a bit of chocolate and the more I kept saying no the more I wanted to have it. In the end I gave in and had one row of dark chocolate but I made myself promise that I will work out on treadmill for extra ten minutes today and I did. That way I felt less guilty.
Today it's back to work for me after having 5 days off. I am a little bit scared about giving in to temptation and buying some snacks from the canteen. I have decided to take my own lunch and all the snacks from home so that I don't have to go inside the canteen at all. :) Hope it works.
My PT told me that I am supposed to eat something little every three hours and as my shift tonight is 12 hours I am taking handful of almonds, apple, banana and I am gonna make a salad (no dressing) and I have come chicken breast from last nights dinner so I'm gonna add that to the salad. Oh, and I am taking some green tea teabags with me to drink instead of coffee.
I'm hopping that with little bit of planing it will make things easier. Fingers crossed. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:22 pm

I got up today and for the first time since I joined the gym I actually have some pain in certain areas. I think I over did it yesterday. An hour and a half at the gym and then 12 hour shift (the busiest day ever). And I guess being up from 7AM till 5AM didn't help either. Oh well, no pain no gain (or loss in this case), right? :)
Anyway, I felt like I was being tested by higher power last night. :) You know how I said that I wasn't gonna walk into our canteen at all so that I wouldn't be tempted by certain things? Well, I had to. See, for months now we have been asking for a new fridge in our tea room because the old one was leaking. Last night they brought a new one in. Great, right? Well, yes, it would've been if not for the fact that who ever delivered the new one and took away the old one didn't think to look inside the old fridge and empty it first. They just took the old one with all the food in it. LOL. So my chicken salad went with it. I was so mad at first but then I calmed down and decided to make my way to the canteen and get my dinner. Before I went in there I thought about what I was gonna have for dinner and I made myself promise that I will ONLY buy cheese and salad sandwich and nothing else as I still had my nuts in the bag to snack on later. And I did it. I tried not to look at all the cakes and other stuff right next to the cash register and even though it was quite hard I did it. Yey me! :)
I guess I'll have to deal with situations like this outside my home from now on but that doesn't mean I have to eat junk. It's all about making the right choice and I did that last night. I was quite proud of myself. I know it's not much but to me it was.
So even though I am in pain right now (my legs hurt) I am not skipping my PT session today. I'm going just before I go to work and if I have some time I might actually have a massage to relieve the pain. That's another bonus at the gym. You have to love it. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I am not feeling too energetic today. Had another full on night at work last night and not enough sleep. I am so tempted to skip the gym today but I can't. My mini goal for this week was to make it to the gym every day from Monday to Friday and I have been good so far and with only today and tomorrow to go it would be stupid to get lazy now. I better get off this computer and put my gym cloths on.
me11

Postby me11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 pm

There, I made myself go to the gym and once I was there I enjoyed it. I'm so glad I talked myself into getting out there instead of staying in bed for bit longer. :)
me11

Postby me11 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Bloody long hours at work made me feel so run down that I ended up catching a flu. Great! But I finally discovered something interesting. You know how I was going to the gym and loosing weight in the first week? Well, this week, being sick and all, I couldn't eat anything but I didn't loose any weight at all. So my discovery is, it's not really that important how much I eat but how much I exercise. Amazing. Anyway, I hit the gym again on Friday and it was soooooo hard to do anything without feeling like I wanted to throw up. Not a nice feeling. I guess I still wasn't 100% ok. So I went back on Saturday and had a proper workout and I feel great now.
Back to the gym tomorrow. :)
me11

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying the gym. I hope you're over your flu. It's always such a bummer that colds and flu strike just when you're at your busiest!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Personal Progress