It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Go kookie! you can do it!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Go kookie! you can do it!

Postby Kookie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:37 pm

I need all the motovation I can get!

So I'm starting at 73kgs. This is the absolute maximum I can possibly weigh, due to the fact that my clothes are now way too tight and I an refusing to buy the next size up;16! I am going to get down to a size 10 and under 60kgs. I really want to get into some good cardio exercise, my blood pressure is nearly high, its 138 on 90. My husband and I are hopefully getting bikes this weekend, and in the long term I plan to ride to work. 27km one way along a highway. so thats about 250km a week. Do you get big legs riding heaps? I also want to get into running, I used to run when I was a kid, and used to kick in the cross country. I also love the way swimmers bodies look so want to look into getting a few laps done.
And I think this is why I can't seem to start. That, and even though we are not actively trying for a baby it could happen.

So tomorrow I am going to try running, I'll let you know how it goes!
Start weight: 73kgs
Current weight: 67.9kgs
Goal weight: 58kgs
Height: 173cm
Kookie

Re: Go kookie! you can do it!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:51 am

Good luck, Kookie! Let us know how you get on with running. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Gordz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 am

52km a day is HUGE. If you're doing that a day then I hope you spend the money on road bikes not mountain bikes; you'll kill yourself.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Kookie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Well just a bit of an update,

I haven't been as slack as my posts may suggest. I'm down to 71.6kg! Mainly through cutting out the crap rather than exercise. We did get bikes, gordz you will be happy to know mine was a straight handle bar road bike, while the hubby wanted something that looked more 'beasty' so got a mountain bike. My bike flys! I am so happy with it, just haven't had heaps of time to ride it.

As for the running, I started to take the dog in the mornings before work. Id run for 10mins, and walk before and after. but the rain put me off, so I have to get back in the swing. It was really good, makes you feel alive for the rest of the day.

I just really need to get focused on this thing, We are headed to bryon bay for a week at the end of nov so I want to be close to at least 64kg by then.

have fun everyone!
Kookie

Postby Kookie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:58 am

Down 700grams. Very pleased. Now just imagine what it would have been if I had gone for those runs I had planned.
Kookie

Postby Kookie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Yay I had a big loss this week,1.7kgs! I haven't even started the runs yet, as I've had to work heaps. Just been making sure I'm following my rules! Yay 60's, not sure when I was here last, school I think!

hope everyone else went well this week.
Kookie

Postby Kookie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:44 am

Another good week this week, loss of 1.3kgs. this is dispite the fact that I was in wollies and found the milkybar block for only two dollars! my husband and I were laying in bed this morning trying to figure out how much empty food we had eaten this week, his was 3 beers, a can of lemonade about 5 monti carlos and 3 squares of milk chocolate. At this point I know he is lying because he had at least half the block with me. Turns out he didn't. It was only three squares. So I had 90% of the chocolate. damn.
Kookie

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:48 am

Hi and welcome!

Congratulations on your losses, you're doing so well!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:12 am

Kookie wrote: My husband and I are hopefully getting bikes this weekend, and in the long term I plan to ride to work. 27km one way along a highway. so thats about 250km a week. Do you get big legs riding heaps?

Hi! I'm a commuter cyclist, I do around 38km (2hrs) return 3 days per week (weather permitting) and about half that the other 2 days (because I work at a different location). Cycling definitely works your legs, but you won't get legs like the Hulk. It's also great to help stabilise and protect your knees by building up all the muscles around the knee joint! The only thing with combining cycling and running is you may find your calves cramp during running (cycling shortens them because you're constantly tensing the muscle, whereas running tries to stretch them out), so do some calf stretches as well.

Cycling also actually works your arms because you're always holding yourself up. You'll be surprised how toned they get!

Best of luck with it
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Personal Progress