It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Weight loss log

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Well I started my weight loss journey properly about 4 weeks ago but I just found this forum yesterday. Looks like fun/a good idea to make one of these progress diaries.

OK so in the last 4 weeks, I started at 79.1kg and have lost exacty 3 kilos as of this morning. My "official" weigh ins are on Tuesdays though and so far it's been: lost 800g, lost 800g, gained 400g :( , lost 800g ... so averaging half a kilo a week which is a little slower than I was hoping for, but at least it's something. Hoping to be at least between 60-65 by mid November for a holiday, under 60 is my eventual goal and if I got there by then I would just be ecstatic... 65-70 by then would be "OK". With my current rate of weight loss it's looking like the latter.

Yesterday I went for a jog that I've done a couple of times now, it's just under 2km, but this time I sprinted (or almost sprinted) the last 300m or so, heart was POUNDING at the end. Walked home and did 20mins or so of strength exercises. Later played a game of netball, haven't played since before I started exercising and it felt GREAT, I was so much fitter and played so much better because of it. Usually I'm tiring after playing a quater as a GD and I alternate each quarter with the keeper, but last night I played the whole game in GD and didn't get tired at all! Would like to work my way up to being able to jog at least 5km...

This morning weighing in at 76.1, - a whole kilo under my "official" weigh in 2 days ago, so feeling pretty good. Looking forward to seeing 75 point something soon... I saw 76.1 once before in the last week but then gained before Tuesday's weigh in, hopefully this time I can keep dropping the numbers!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Re: Weight loss log

Postby Sanov22 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Been pretty good since the last entry in terms of food. I've been out twice and didn't drink alcohol on either occaision... I did miss it though :(
Have been having only 3 meals a day, although I'm working evenings now and dinner has been a bit junky as I'm on the go... portion size has been good though. I think I need to think about/plan what I'm going to eat a bit more, especially for dinner so I dont end up eating crap out of convenience.

Haven't worked out since Wednesday... didn't mean to on Thurs - I was pretty sore from the previous day, and Saturday was always going to be too busy... but I should've made the time on Friday and definitely today - I sat around playing video games for a few hours instead, so feeling a bit guilty. Hopefully will kick my butt back into gear and workout properly tomorrow.

Weighed in today at 75.1 which I'm very pleased with... I'm prepared for that to go up a little bit though, that was after (unintentionally) missing breakfast today, and it was "post potty" haha.. I'd be pretty happy if I saw the same number on "official Tuesday" though - that would be a loss of 2kgs in a week... albeit I think last Tuesday was a random upward fluctuation... But still, it would be a bigger loss than any of my previous weeks.

Also I'm tantalisingly close to my first mini-goal! Going to get my nails done as a reward I think.. or perhaps a massage.

I'm now noticing changes bsies the scales too. I wore a pair of shorts the other day to netball which were deinitely feeling looser than usual. And my thighs only touch each other at the very top now when I'm standing normally instead of from halfway up or thereabouts. And when I feel my stomach it seems firmer and like there's less of it.

Overall I'm feeling pretty positive except for wishing I'd worked out today at least.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 am

Well done, Sanov! Half a kilo a week is a perfect amount of weight to lose. It's fast enough that you see results relatively quickly, but slow enough so that you can keep it off long term. You're doing really well!

I'm very jealous of your jogging. I used to love running, but my plantar fasciitis (strained and inflamed connective tissues under the foot) got worse so I had to give it up.

Keep up the good work! Good luck with reaching your first mini-goal. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Official weekly weigh in this morning: 75.6kg = a loss of 1.5kgs from last tuesday

I'm pretty happy with that, although I saw 75.1 two days ago so it's not completely thrilling... As I said I was prepared for it to go up but was kind of hoping it'd only be a couple of hundred grams, not half a kilo... It was 75.3 yesterday... Still, as far as weekly weigh ins that's my best result so far! Just a little frustrating to get sooo close to my first mini goal and then have to wait til probably the weekend now.

I got back on the exercise wagon yesterday after my slobby 4 day stint doing nothing. Did the same route I've been doing the last few weeks near my house. This time when I got to my marker that I normally stop jogging at and turn around and walk home I turned around and kept jogging, I got about a quarter of the way back. So that's just over 2km I can jog for now... I'm enjoying jogging quite a lot, it doesn't seem like a chore to me anymore... Did a little bit of weights when I got home, mostly arms, a little bit of lunging and crunches... Felt pretty good

Had boot camp this morning, it was a tough one! Towards the end anyway, at the start it was some fairly easy strength exercises interspersed with 3 minute jogging intervals - again I really enjoyed this part & I felt really good & full of energy doing it. The last half was ALL stomach exercises, that part I found tough after a few minutes. BUT... I feel like I broke through some sort of mental barrier with how I work out as I was doing it. In the past I've never really continued to give 100% to the exercise I'm doing when it starts to really hurt... I just get to a point where I can feel that the muscle has been worked then take a soft option like doing a plank/hover from my knees instead of toes... Or I just stop alltogether. This morning I dunno what changed but I just kept pushing myself through the whole 20 mins or so and it hurt like hell but I was getting some sort of sadomasochistic
pleasure out of putting myself through it hahaha. I'm feeling it already, gonna be sore tonight and tomorrow! Hopefully I can keep working out my muscles like that and get my metabolism cracking...

Thanks for the support EWQ!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Just weighed in at 74.8 :D :D :D

Very excited. Will wait til Tues to say "mission accomplished" for the mini-goal though.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:38 am

Well done, Sanov! I'm looking forward to your Tuesday update. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 am

Official Tuesday weigh in... aaaaaaaaaaannnd, not only did I beat 75 to get to my first mini-goal, I also beat 74! :shock:

Weight at 14/9/10: 73.7kg = a loss of 1.9kg this week

Preeeeeetty stoked.

That's my lowest so far (on this weight loss attempt), every other Tuesday has been up a few hundred grams from what I've seen a few days ago... so I guess next week won't be so dramatic, but still... it seems to be coming off faster now even by looking at my lowest weights each week. Hopefully it's that my body's stopped resisting it and there's some momentum there now... or my metabolism's kicked it up a notch from the muscle I've put on... maybe it's just that I'm exercising more now because I can beause I'm fitter though, or that I'm being pretty good with what I eat, haven't really eaten aything REALLY bad for a few weeks.. well, in any case, I'm pretty elated (started punching the air when I got off the scale today hehe).

In less joyous news, I found the training session this morning really tough, and not the good kind of tough I wrote about last week, I just didn't enjoy it so much this morning... Not too pleased wth my attitude towards it, I took some soft options instead of going hard :?
Maybe because it was kind of strength and cardio exercises mixed together today, wheras mostly I've been doing one or the other at a time... hmmm... or maybe because I didn't eat any protein for dinner last night? (I had fruit) ... I dunno. Anyway, I'm going back again tomorrow, so hopefully will have a better session then. Have also been good with keeping up my jogging - went about 2km another 3 times after last Tuesday.

All in all a good week... and I might even be at another mini goal by this time next week!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 am

Kind of the opposite of yesterday today;

The scales say I'm back up 400g today... I know I didn't put on 400g of fat overnight, in fact I doubt I put on any, I ate pretty well yesterday... but still, it always feels better on the days when the numbes are going down. Not too worried about it though.

And training this morning was much better. It was almost too easy in fact. We jogged to a place that in the first couple of weeks I had considered an achievement to reach without breaking out of a jog... today it was NOTHING to get there, I couldn't believe how short the distance felt. Did some strength stuff there, I gave it a good effort today, then we jogged back along a longer route and I really enjoyed it.

Have decided I'm going to do a 4km fun run in November.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby JP1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Some excellent work there Sanov, well done

JP/ 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:25 am

Was about to put this in my personal diary but aspects of it are weight related so I figured it might as well go here... plus it's easier to type than use a pen... So here goes my first negative entry :(

I'm in a pretty "bleh" mood right now, have been since the afternoon. There was absolutely no reason for it, - nothing's happened, everything's fine... It was just some sort of chemical imbalance thingy... but this is something that has happened to me only a handful of times EVER in my life... so I guess I've never learned how to deal with it very well. Minus the influence of actual events my mood is usually at a very solid "upbeat" setting day in day out... I've never even noticed a change in my mood at that time of the month.

But, today was one of those rare occurences and of course, I messed up :? . I was out shopping, and all the things that I've been finding relatively easy to say "no" to the last few weeks all started to call to me in a much more forceful and persistive manner... long story short I ate two massive cookies and then a healthwise "OK" dinner but much too much of it and now I'm feeling bloated and gross. I'm not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow, I can "feel" that I'm much heavier than I was this morning!

It's not even so much what I ate and what it's done though... it's 1) that I actually WAS craving all this crap, badly, when I thought I was done with that, and 2) my attitude in the decision to eat it ... I mean over the last few weeks there's been times when I ALLOWED myself to eat something bad or too much of something, but it was "OK" because I felt totally in control those times... I wasn't giving in to a craving so much as just enjoying something yummy when it came along.

This morning I was thinking about how I've lost pretty much the same amount of weight as I did this time last year now (I started a little lighter than 79 then) and I was trying to recall how it fell apart that time. I knew it was a mental thing, but just couldn't understand how I could've let my feelings translate into giving up... it seemed soooooooo silly to good-mood-me ... now it seems totally understandable :(

Lack of sleep might be a contributing factor... only got about 3 and a half hours last night... but again, lack of sleep is not usually enough to throw me from my regular mood. Still, I'm going to go get a good night right now. I should've drunk more water yesterday and today too... that prob would have helped with the bloated feeing...

Well, anyway... thanks for reading if you did. Hopefully back to regular, upbeat and "confident I can do this" me by the next entry!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby jetje » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Sanov,

Have been reading your entries with interest and they have also given me movitation. I started yesterday morning and have 10.4 kilo's to lose before I will decide on the next goal...
Hope you don't mind me replying to your threat, and I wish you luck for the coming week until next Tuesday. My weigh-in day is Wednesday.
Regarding your not-so-happy day yesterday. I really applaud you for being able to write your feelings down like that! :D I am sure that you felt much better after.

Looking forward to your next posting.

Jetje in dubai
jetje

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks for the support JP & Jetje

I'm feeling much better about things now. The next morning after my last post was even worse than I'd thought on the scale - up almost a whole kilo! And I had a ridiculously long and hard day at work so didn't get to work out at all. But I drank a lot of water and ate pretty well. I'm really glad that I didn't fall into that "well censored it then" mindset, my first thought after seeing the number on the scale was that I needed to go punish myself with an exhausting workout and blast the crap out of me with a few litres of water... and even though I didn't get to do it that day I'm just glad that I seem to have learned from past mistakes mentally.

This morning I had a training session which was quite enjoyable, and weighed in afterwards at 73.5 - my lightest so far. Also last night I saw my cousin for the first time in a five or so weeks and she commented that I'd lost weight without me mentioning anything. So feeling fairly positive - I'm pretty confident that I am going to keep losing weight, I think I'll just have to accept that it'll climb up a little sometimes. But as long as the "down" periods are longer or steeper than the "up" periods it's OK. A little dissapointed that it's not going to happen as quick as I'd hoped, but as long as I'm getting there I'm OK.

The place I train at has switched up their session times in my favour too - so I'm going to start going to four of those a week instead of two, and still take myself for a jog any day I can fit it in.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 am

Weight at 21/9/10: 73.4k = a loss of 0.3kg this week

Well, at least it's a loss. I certainly was hoping to lose more this time last week but all things considered I guess I'm reasonably happy with that. I know I didn't eat as well or exercise as much as I had been, and I drank quite a lot on Saturday night, so it's a "fair" result. And even though it's "officially" only a loss of 300g, this weight is a pretty steady 73.4 (I even saw 73.2 on Sunday) - so I'm pretty sure it's going down... whereas last week 73.7 was like "whoa! AWESOME!", and it went up a bit as I expected.

Knew it wasn't going to be a great result on the scales this week so I've been looking for other measures of progress to keep me feelng positive. Felt pretty good after I got ready to go out on Saturday night - I looked at a photo of when I was out a couple of months ago at my heaviest and I could definitely see a difference in my face. Have also noticed a difference in my shoulders which seems like a weird place but they do feel different... like less padded, I can feel some bone there now.

I'm going to go at it hard this week and try to lose at least 1kg for that next mini-goal. Started it off this morning with my best distance (best ever actually :D ) for a jog - 2.8km.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 am

Not so good this week :(

I didn't weigh in this morning... I've been hovering around 73.5 all week, sometimes up sometimes down... I think 73.2 was the best I saw. This morning I felt heavy so I didn't really want to look. It's TTOTM so I guess that could have something to do with it...

My exercise has been pretty good but could've been better - after that jog last Tues I did training sessions on Wednesday, Friday and yesterday (Monday) and gave a solid effort at all of them, but I took myself for a jog Thursday morning and only went 1km or so... new runners felt a bit weird, I couldn't get into my "zone" that day... Sunday I meant to jog but only mustered up a walk... and today I had the time for a workout but I did other things instead. I'm pretty happy with my exercise overall I guess but I don't like that I didn't give a really good effort in any of the 3 oppotunites I had to workout by myself.

Eating's been bad but not completely terrible... I didn't go off the rails alltogether but I did have chocolate and popcorn... and generally fell away from the "3 square meals a day" diet that's gotten me this far... snacking when I wasn't hungry and putting more on my plate at brekky/lunch/dinner because...... ????!!! I don't even know... old habits? And I keep forgetting to drink water :x , any ideas how to make yourself do it anyone?

Soooo yeah... I seem to have lost the discipline I had a couple of weeks ago, which really sucks... I'm still very keen to lose some kilos but it seems like so much more of an effort to eat and exercise right now... it was almost easy a couple of weeks ago :? Hopefully things will pick up by next week
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Frustrated!

I've been really good since Tuesday. Like REALLY good. My eating has been very much under control and exercise-wise I have honestly never worked out this much or this hard in my life... wed/thurs/fri I pushed myself reeeeaaally hard at training... And yet I've gained weight since Tuesday! WTF!! I really don't get it. I've been getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water...my digestive system is doing its job - the weight isn't water or anything... I don't think I've gained any significant amount of muscle - the workouts have been mostly intense cardio... GAHH!!

On the up side at least I am "feeling" healthier. I'm really enjoying my workouts and noticing how much fitter I am... I kind of enjoy pushing myself to my limits almost all the time when I workout now, - I've never taken that mentality to a workout before, so that's good... well it's great really... And I'm starting to actually crave better foods - for example I had lunch at a cafe the other day and ordered a salad not because I knew I should but because I actually felt life it over my usual choice of something bready like a foccacia.

Thankfully ^this is enough to keep me motivated and on track... but man... I really feel like smashing my scales over the towel rack right now! Feeling healthier is great but I want to LOOK healthier sooooooo bad... grrrr
[/url]
Sanov22

Next

Return to Personal Progress