It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Weight loss log

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 am

The scale and I are finally back on speaking terms it seems. 72.3 this morning which is the third time I've seen 72.4 or under so I'm claiming it for the mini-goal, yay! So this is now officially the lightest I've been since ... late 2006 or early 2007 I think... years anyway.

Eating's been quite good the last few days that I can remember... exercise wise I jogged 3km last Sunday, aiming to do 3.5 tomorrow.. missed a couple of training sessions though this week which I'm annoyed with myself for... but I'm about to go to one now. Cheerio!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 am

Congratulations on reaching your mini goal :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Sanov22 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks! I'm hovering around 71.5 now... getting close to the 60s! Man that's exciting... I'm going to get myself a multi-hour dayspa package when I get there... can't wait...

Exercise this week has been excellent. That last post I went and did the training class... then went and did the 1000 steps in the dandenong ranges afterwards (LOVED it!).. training monday, wednesday & friday mornings.. training then 1000 steps again yesterday... and today smashed my previous PB jogging distance of 3.5km by a whopping 1.2km... I can now offically jog 4.7km nonstop.... woo! Feel great. Drank a lot of water today... expecting/hoping for some good results on the scales in the next few days
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:36 pm

71.1 ... slooooow progress

Haven't been sleeping well at all for a while, been busy busy busy and a little stressed... but still feeling positive. Very confident I'll get down to a healthy weight eventually, if not the bikini body... I just wish it was happening faster. My stomach feels kind of 'lumpy' which is a bit eww but after some extensive googling I'm pretty sure it's a good thing - means i'm losing fat (it hadn't occurred to me that it wouldn't come off in nice even layers before)... Even though the weight and the look/feel of my body (at least my stomach) aren't going great right now I'm pretty sure I'm losing centimeters... my favourite PJ pants are literally falling off me, I have to wear them with a hair tie holding a section of the waist band together :D
Got a big commitment finished yesterday so now I'm less busy and less stressed. Going to try and really ramp it up. My exercising has been great, I'm going to make it even better. Eating has been good in terms of 'how much', now I'm going to make it good in terms of 'what' too. Going to drink a shitload of water, get enough sleep, and any other little thing that might make this weight piss off quicker! 60's here I come!! :x
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Going to try and keep a daily food/exercise/etc log... if anyone cares to offer a suggestion to improve what I'm doing I'm all ears.

Monday 25/10

food
Breakfast: 1 sachet uncle toby's honey flavour porridge (with mostly water, a splash of milk)
Lunch: Large grilled chicken salad (ceasar minus anchovies and dressing)
Dinner: bowl of vegetable soup

drinks
3L water throughout the day
3 coffees with a splash of milk each, no sugar

exercise
Morning group training session

other
Slept 4.5hrs from Sunday night

Tuesday 26/10

food
Breakfast: bowl of honey/almond all bran cereal with skim milk
Lunch: Large salad - 2 hard boiled eggs, 200g lean ham, lettuce, capsicum, mango, sultanas, cucumber (I regret the mango with the egg lol)
Dinner: bowl of minestrone soup & 1 slice of rye bread with left over bolognaise on top.

drinks
3L water throughout the day
1 coffee with a splash of milk, no sugar

exercise
jogged 5.2km (PB)

other
Slept 7.5hrs from Monday night
New weight PB of 70.9
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby kelvinator » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 pm

You are getting great results, I wish I could jog/run as far as you!!
Well done so far..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Just a couple of things I could point out

The uncle toby's oats - quick oats are pretty much the white bread of oats. Whole rolled oats are better (but less convenient). They've also got less sugar in. But since you're going so well I wouldn't fret too much.

The main thing I'm spotting is the amount of sleep you're getting... or not getting. I know you said you're not sleeping well, but low sleep is associated with weight and eating problems. See if you can tackle the sleeping issue, # 1 to look at would be those coffees (if you're having sleeping trouble and stress, the last thing you want in your diet is a stimulant such as caffeine). Then things like whether you have a good pre-bed routine, using some stress management techniques etc etc. The interweb should be full of good tips (so long as you stick to trusted websites)

And yeah, mango and egg? What were you thinking :shock: :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby jetje » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 am

Hi there,

So sorry I have not replied or posted another weigh in for 2 weeks now. Have been extremely busy with my mother visiting for 3 weeks as well as my sister with her 2 little boys staying here until January....just not enough hours in the day. I haven't even gotten onto the scales in the last 2 weeks (since last weigh-in) as I have been too busy as well as bit scared..

However, thought I would let you all know I have not disappeared from the planet and will soon return, as soon as my life is back into some sort of routine!

jetje
jetje

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks guys.

Kelvi - jogging is probably THE best thing I've ever done in terms of fitness. I've never ever been even close to this fit in my life, it feels GREAT. I can't reccommend jogging enough. 12 weeks ago I couldn't jog 1k, now I'm up to 6... you can see improvement relatively quickly with jogging... which makes me sooo motivated. And it certainly helps with weight loss... but to be honest I'm really into the jogging for its own sake now. I can't wait to be able to do 10k funruns competitively... and I want to do a half marathon next year!

BD - thanks for your comments, I didn't realise the instant porridge was like that. I'll have a look for some better stuff that's still quick/convenient once this box runs out, or failing that I guess I'll stick to All Bran the mornings I don't have time to cook the good porridge... man I love porridge... I wish it was breakfast time right now hehe... I'm trying to be more disciplined with my bedtimes starting this week (from Monday), I'm getting up at like 5 or 6 for my workouts, which I don't want to change - that time works for me... but yeah to get 8 hours sleep that means lights out by 9 or 10 which can be hard. The 3 coffees on Monday is not my regular - that was because of the lack of sleep from Sunday night. I'm not usually stressed either, just last week I had a lot of stuff to take care of, but I did it all... or at least all of it that was stressing me out. But thanks for the kick in the bum on that one, I 'knew' I should sleep 8 hours a night, but having someone else tell me off for not doing it helps I think!

Jetje - Hello! How's the weather over there now? Still crazy hot?

OK, today's entry:

Wednesday 27/10

food
Breakfast: half(?) a sachet of instant porridge (it exploded everywhere in the microwave... no time to make a new one, I got a few mouthfuls from what was left in the bowl, didnt bother adding milk... terrible start :( ), 1 medium sized banana, 1 spoon of peanut butter
Lunch: scrambled eggs on some sort of thick bready thing (I ordered on rye! No time to send it back :( ... I ate it, it was yum...), mushrooms on the side (forgot they cook them in butter in cafes... and I still ate them, they were yum)
Afternoon snack: 1 spoon of peanut butter ... stupid... grrr
Dinner: 1 medium sized peice of beer battered flake with salad and like 5 chips (palmed the rest off to someone else, and also refused the bread rolls that came around - hooray, I did something right today!)
Desert: half a tira misu thingy... it was like 5 mouthfuls... still bad though

drinks
about 2L water throughout the day, will try to guzzle a bit more before I go to sleep... which will be soon
1 coffee, 2 teas, all with milk and no sugar
1 diet coke

exercise
jogged 6km (new PB!), with a couple of short sprints toward the end ... feeling good

other
Slept 7 hours from Tuesday night
Learnt lessons: make time to eat a proper breakfast, don't eat out on limited time or at a place with a limited menu.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Damn with the exploding porridge. I don't know how they do it, but there's usually one in every batch. It's like some evil scheme to make you have to buy more.

You can make rolled oats quickly too, rolled oats plus water or milk (water is obviously less kj's), in bowl, in microwarve, et viola, porridge. In fact I even make it with muesli which is a nice variation (I make my own muesli usually with rolled oats and various dried fruit and nuts). It won't be anywhere near as sweet, but at least then you can control how much you sweeten it. Often I find just some apple puree (just mush up some stewed apple) and a few sultanas with a sprinkle of LSA (ground linseed sunflower and almond) works wonders for flavour.

Mmm, now I'm hungry for porridge. Or at least something warm. It's colder than I anticipated today and I didn't bring a jumper other than my manky cycling one :( . Time to go get a cuppa tea in my last 15min of lunch break. *sigh*

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:26 pm

There IS always one in every box, and it's ALWAYS the flavour I like. Never happens on the apple/cinnamon one.. or golden syrup.. it has to be apple/raspberry or the honey flavour packets that explode.. grr.

I was pretty good today...

Thursday 28/10

food
Breakfast: bowl of honey/almond all bran with skim milk
Mid-morning snack: half a mango and 100g low fat yogurt
Lunch: bolognaise on 1 large peice of (white :( ) toast
afternoon snack: the two teensy end peices of the rye loaf that were left over... with honey (oops)

it's 9:15 now and I'm writing this from bed... I didn't have any dinner but I'm not hungry and I'm going to sleep soon so I guess that's it for today. Weird. Some days I'm starving even for the mid morning snack... perhaps I didn't exercise enough today (at least compared to my normal).. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

drinks
*guzzles water* .. now it's 2L, see if I can down a bit more before I go to sleep
1 coffee, 1 tea, both with milk and no sugar
1 green tea (mint... not bad)

exercise
went to the dandenong ranges and did the 1000 steps up and down in about 40mins ... decent pace (walking... I'm sooo in awe of those people that run up... one day I'll be one of them!), no stops all the way up. I guess it's 20mins high intensity to get up there then like 20mins low intensity going down... I probably should have made myself do it twice, I'm fit enough now... hmm

other
slept 7 hours from Wednesday night
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Sanov22 wrote:*guzzles water* .. now it's 2L, see if I can down a bit more before I go to sleep

Someone's going to be up at 1am for a pee! :lol:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:58 pm

It was quarter past 1... good guess! Hahaha

Friay 29/10

Food
Breakfast: sachet of brown sugar/cinammon porridge with a splash of milk and a spoon of peanut butter
Lunch: Mountin bread strudel thingy... I used a chopped up banana and a single serve nutella thingy ... a bit naughty but it tasted a LOT naughty so it's a win
Afternoon snack: 1 more single serve nutella thingy, then I left the rest at work... too tempting
Dinner: Nandos extra hot half chicken (which wasn't spicy enough!) and I got the garden salad for the side which was "OK"... they had run out of corn on the cob which was what I wanted... at least I didn't get chips instead... although I did pinch a few from other people's plates. On a side note, how does corn rate as a "healthy" food?
After dinner: Oops... A fair quantity of ice cream and some chocolates...

Well the after dinner part was pretty bad... but to put a positive spin on it, I haven't messed up like that in weeks now, and this time it was in a social situation and the food just kind of 'came along' rather than me caving to a craving and going out and getting it. I could have ate less chocolate definitely... the ice cream though I kind of don't care - it was a whole group of us going to Cold Rock... and since this whole thing is about making a lifestyle change rather than being 'on a diet'... well, there is absolutely no way I'm ever going to have a lifestyle that includes saying no to Cold Rock icecream when I go there with a group of friends. Saying no when I'm on my own, absolutely. But in this situation, which wont pop up all that often, I think it's OK.

drinks
About 2L water
1 coffee, 3 teas, all with milk no sugar

exercise
Morning training session. Mostly strength training, whole body. It was good. Still feeling it this morning.

other
Slept I think 7hrs from Thurs night
New weight PB of 70.7

----------------------------------------

And in other news, this morning's weigh in was 70.4 AFTER breakfast :D ... gonna be at this next mini-goal by November I think :D
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:09 pm

I've been good today :)

Saturday 30/10

Food
Breakfast: Bowl of All Bran with skim milk
Lunch: Mountain bread apple/sultana strudel thingame... I sprinkled with cinnamon sugar... it was goooood
Snack: 200g low fat yogurt
Dinner: TGI's Jack Daniels burger minus the lid... and I didn't touch the chips that came out with it.

drinks
Somewhere between 2.5 and 3L water
1 coffee, 1 tea, milk no sugar
2 diet cokes (glasses)

exercise
Group training session in the morning. Came home and didn't feel like it'd been hard enough so I jumped on the treadmill for 30mins and did some varying speed/distance intervals

other
- New weight PB 70.4kg
- Slept about 6hrs from Friday night
- Possibly have shin splints from the running today!! Sh*t!! I've been doing a lot of JOGGING for ages now but this was the first time I've incorporated some fast intervals and it didn't occur to me to ease into it... stupid! They're only a teensy bit sore now but I really really reeeeaaallly don't want to have to take a break from my jogging. What can be done to speed up recovery?
- really didn't find it all that difficult to say no to the other half of the bun or the chips at dinner... and I saw a movie after and didn't get ANYTHING from the candybar... that's a first.
- My "tight" jeans are now a little on the loose side :D
- bought some new running gear... in the change room when I took my T off and saw my tummy I thought I didn't look too bad. 8)
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:53 pm

Corn has a low GI - I'd say it's be pretty ok, if one of the more "sugary" vegetables. It'd have lots of fibre. All in moderation.

Big thumbs up on the jeans fitting looser.

And BINGO on the wee-o'clock!

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress