It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Weight loss log

Postby Sanov22 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm

Cheers.

Sunday 31/10

food
Breakfast: Bowl of porridge
snack: Banana and a spoon of peanut butter
Lunch: slice of quiche lorraine
snack: energy bar thingy from the supermarket ... not complete crap but it had way too much sugar ... then 4 sweet biscuits :(
Dinner: couple of hamburger patties (home made, only good stuff) with salad

drinks
Only about 1.5L water today
1 coffee, 2 teas

exercise
none :( ... I really wanted to go for a long jog but the weather wasn't co-operating. I did have a treadmill available but I'm not completely certain my shins are OK and and I wasn't going to find out for the treadmill... It's just not the same without the fresh air and actually going somewhere. This is the first day I haven't done some form of exercise since last Thursday so I guess it's OK to have a day off. Really noticed the difference in my mood though... can't wait to be back into it tomorrow

other
slept about 7 hours from Sat night
Don't think I'll be under 70 by tomorrow morning after today's performance like I wanted to be... it's going to happen this week though dammit
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Monday 1/11

food
Breakfast: 1 sachet of porridge, no extra sugar, made with mosty water, a little milk
Snack: banana
Lunch: Mountain bread wrap with 2 eggs, 2 rashers of (lean) bacon, 1 slice of cheese, tomato sauce and salt and pepper... yum!
Snack: box of sultanas
Dinner: Bowl of vegetable soup
Snack: mountain bread wrap with half a chopped up banana, a smidgen of honey, a sprinkling of WW drinking chocolate, some almond flakes.. wrapped up and toasted... yum

Pretty good except I should have had something healthier with more protein when I got hungry after the soup...

drinks
I think maybe 1.5L water.. should have had a lot more with the amount of exercise I did today
1 coffee, 2 teas

exercise :D
- Morning group training session
- ran/walked/jogged/walked probably about 8km total.. the run was prob about 1.5km, the jog probably 3km... I found a new running track near me, it's great! I can't wait to go again
- went to the 1000 steps with someone, went at their pace, pretty slow with lots of breaks... still counts as something but I didn't find it too strenuous, even after the other stuff

other
slept only about 5hrs from Sunday night... but had an afternoon nap
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Gutsy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 am

Sanov22, considering all the exercise you had today, you surely deserved that dessert wrap.
Well done!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Today started well but went a little pear shaped with the cup festivities...

Tuesday 2/11

food
Breakfast: bowl of honey/almond all bran with skim milk
Snack: mountain bread apple strudel thing, half a banana
The rest of the day: 2 sausages, 2 chicken wings, 1 slice of white bread, 4 mini cupcakes, some cheese and biscuits, some chips, a slice of cake...

Yeah... oops... should have thought ahead a little more and gone to the BBQ prepared...

drinks
about 2L water
1 cofee, 2 teas
2 cans diet coke

execise
- jogged 7km ... very slowly, but still, it's a PB for distance by a whole km.. found it pretty hard going the last couple of km's... was going against the wind and still a bit tired and a tweensy bit sore from yesterday... glad I made myself go the distance I'd set though... it's another reminder of how far I've come with my mentality towards exercise... I KNOW I never would have pushed myself like that a few months ago...

other
- new weight PB of 70.2... creeping up on that mini-goal... and this one is a big one for me - out of the 70's and into the 60's... gahh I wish I'd been better today, I probably could have got there by tomorrow if so... doubt it'll happen now... gotta happen soon though!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am

Wednesday 3/11

many small mistakes... but they add up :(

food
Snack: spoon of peanut butter (to have something to fuel my workout... I eat breakfast after... think this is OK)
Breakfast: bowl of porridge
Snack: single serve nutella thingy
Lunch: moutain bread wrap - ham, lettuce, tomato, cheese
Snack: another single serve nutella thingy... starting to regret buying them... at least I'm leaving them at work
Dinner: bowl of vegetable soup and some skinless roast chicken breast

Should've packed fruit and/or yogurt to take with me to work and had that instead of nutella... they are only small things but they are sooo high in kilojoules - almost 500 for one! I could have had a whole mountain bread apple strudel thing for that... :x

drinks
bout 2.5L water
1 coffee (made with water and just a splash of milk)
1 small skinny latte... didn't need it... someone else had one and it smelled delicious... gah... at least I got a small
2 teas
2 hot chocolates made with the WW drinking chocolate ... should've stopped at one...

Too many hot drinks... all those splashes of milk add up... hmmm

exercise
mostly running/jogging with my training group ... ran way ahead of everyone else for the 1.8ish km's we went 8) ... was a good pace, I was breathing hard when I got there... then jogged around while I waited for everyone else to get there ... no problem... feels good to be one of the fittest in the group... of the regulars there's only 2 guys that've been coming longer than me who are fitter... I know it's not a competition or anything but I do get a tweensy bit of a smug satisfaction from being the fittest when the two guys don't show up... or the only one that can keep up with them (or almost keep up with them) when they do... does that make me a bad person? lol ... I feel a bit guilty for feeling like that...

Anyway, also jogged the 1.8km's back, I did it slow with the rest of the group... bit worried about my calves... more on that in the next section... but that barely got my heart rate up... felt awesome... like I could've kept going and going and going...

other
Yeah my calves are a bit twingey ... I think I jumped into speedwork too soon on Saturday... then probably did too much on Monday... or too much on my feet anyway... then the long jog that was tough going on Tuesday really did it... they aren't REALLY sore or anything but on the advice of the trainer and several articles I will take a break from jogging/running for a few days... frustrating... I really want to tip those scales over into the 60's NOW and I know I could help that out a lot by jogging... but on the other hand... if I kept pushing and did a serious injury and had to stop running for any significant length of time I would really be devastated... also I'm entering the 8.5km funrun on the 14th and I want to be feeling fine for that... gonna be hard enough for me without nursing sore legs!

Slept only about 5 hours from Tuesday night... oops...
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 am

Oh, also.. yesterday (wednesday) 2 seperate people comented that I was looking slim (they meant slimmER)/had lost weight ... have to admit even I thought I looked pretty good in my new running gear :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Thursday 4/11

food
Breakfast: bowl of honey/almond All Bran with skim milk
Lunch: mountain bread wrap with lettuce, cheese and skinless chicken...seasoned with salt and pepper and a little sweet chilli sauce... 'twas good
Snack: mountain bread banana strudel with almond flakes and a little WW drinking chocolate that I turned into a paste with water ... can't believe how good it tastes when the only really 'bad' ingredient is a serve of drinking chocolate... and even that is a good version of it...
Dinner: bowl of vegetable soup
Snack: 3 sweet biscuits and a handful of smarties :oops: ... and I was doing so well :( ... I cbf explaining the situation the sweet biscuits are coming up in and why I keep saying yes but I'll only be in it once more and then never again

drinks
Only about 1L water today
2 teas, 1 coffee

exercise
Went for a 45min walk then did 10mins of ab exercises... meh, better than nothing

other
- right leg feels fine, left is still a bit sore right down the back of the calf/ankle... will stick to low impact exercise for another 2 days then go for a slow jog on Sunday
- didn't sleep well last night... gave myself enough hours but I had a nightmare... well, at least I know I was panicky and stressed in the dream and I think it carried over into reality because I woke up feeling mentally exhausted and based on how I feel now it's like I only slept 3 hours or so...
- 70.5 again... I want to see 69 already!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Friday 5/11

food

Ugh... I feel disgusting... embarrassing to even post it but I guess that's the point...

breakfast: bowl of honey/almond all bran with skim milk
early lunch: mountain bread wrap with chopped up banana, almond, and chocolate 'paste' from a bit of WW drinking chocolate
snack: apple

Then it went downhill... way downhill...

At work I had I think about 7 cadbury favourites, a nutella thingy, a (very small) blueberry muffin...
Then saw a movie and had decided to have a small popcorn... bad enough... but then a friend asked if I wanted to split some enormous 2 person combo and I said yes.... gah... ate a shitload of popcorn and a choc top...

I'm doing great for exercise so it's really too bad that diet has such a bigger impact on weight loss... I need to get tougher on myself with what I eat and not use exercise as a reason for it to be "OK" to eat things I know I shouldn't... I think that I think my willpower will be better if I get disciplined with sleeping enough so I will try really hard this week to be relly disciplined with that... maybe I'll have a nap right now... Also I need to make sure I've eaten something healthy BEFORE I get hungry and ESPECIALLY if I'm going to be in a 'danger zone' like going to the movies...

drinks
1 coffee, 2 teas
large diet coke from the movies

exercise
- morning group training session
- walked to the shops to get something ... bout 20mins round trip

other
- new weight PB of 70.0 .. so close to the mini-goal and then I've surely screwed it up with what I ate...
- slept about 5 hours
- legs feeling questionable through the small running sections of the morning group training, but felt totally fine when I walked to the shops later
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 pm

I forgot all of what I ate on the weekend, was too busy to update... I didn't eat anything terrible but I wasn't perfect either. For exercise I did a boxing class on Saturday morning, then went to the 1000 steps and timed myself to the top (bought a $10 watch so I can check my times for runs and various things like this), got up there in 20:04. That's a pretty good pace.. Heart rate was well and truly up. This is a great workout for me, I don't think I'd keep pushing myself for that long at that intensity doing most anything else but with this I'm pretty discplined, I just keep going at the pace I started myself with til I get to the top... what a pity it's so far away... oh well, only going once a week or less keeps it fun. Sunday I jogged 8.5km which is a new PB :D did it in just under an hour so about a 7min/km pace... very slow but I'm really into jogging/running now and want to keep getting better and better at it totally aside from it being a weight loss tool. Would like to do a half marathon next year :shock: ... so apparently what I need to focus on most as a n00b is building up my distance at a slow pace... then worry about doing it faster later. I'm more or less going to take that advice but I am entered in an 8.5km funrun this weekend and I want to beat the pace I just did this distance at. Not really sure what a reasonable amount of time to take off is... I'm going to go conservative and aim for under 55mins and take anything quicker as a bonus... under 50 I'd be pretty chuffed with. Legs are feeling good. They're tired after yesterday's run but not sore. I have a better appreciation for needing to rest them and find other ways to exercise after runs where I push myself now though... tomorrow it's supposed to be warm so I'll see if I can make myself exercise while swimming... the inclination to just splash around and sunbake might be too much though!

When I came back from the run on Sunday I weighed in at 68.9kg ... lol. Huge fluid loss there but boy did it feel good to see a number in the 60's! I always weigh in after a workout and before breakfast so it sort of still counts but I would've lost a LOT more through sweat than usual... Today I forgot to weigh in before breakfast so not sure if I can claim I'm really in the 60's or not yet. D'oh! Tomorrow is a rest day so Wednesday after my morning workout will be the test.. Unless I'm under 70 tomorrow before breakfat anyway... Then I'm claiming it! Hehe

Hope you all had good weekends and are doing well with your weight loss
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:13 pm

69.9 before breakfast... then for some reason 70.4 after a walk ... I had a coffee but I had a tinkle too... weird... I wouldn't think the coffee weighed that much! But I'm 69.9 again after breakfast and just before lunch sooo..... that' another mini-goal done! Woohoo!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

With some scales (like mine) it depends where you put your feet on the scales. Make sure you put them in the same position each time. If the reading seems impossible then it could that reason - get back on in regular position and you make find the reading is more accurate.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby brendan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:00 pm

" ... may find ..."
:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 pm

3 words: random measurement error. EVERY set of scales has them. You can jump on, jump off and jump on again and get two different readings with absolutely no real life meaningful weight loss/gain. Do not, I repeat DO NOT put any faith in variation of that tiny magnitude, especially that close together, they are completely and utterly meaningless and there is absolutely no point weighing yourself that much. Once per week is plenty and even then the individual numbers aren't gospel - look at overall trends over time.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:44 am

Nahhhh... weighing more frequently is better to see how the trend is going. More data = more accuracy. You can be a lot more confident that you're losing weight with 7 daily readings that fluctuate up and down day to day but have an overall downward trend for the week than you can with just two readngs spaced a week apart. I know one day to the next doesn't REALLY tell you how you're going in terms of actual fat loss - I'm just excited for the scale to say I'm out of the 70's... even more so since I got 69.9 again today... third day in a row of under 70 :mrgreen:
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 pm

More readings does mean more accuracy, you are 100% correct. But I am seeing ridiculous numbers of people weighing multiple times per day and posting things like "oh I've put on 200grams this afternoon, I'll have to starve myself for a week to make up for it". :evil:

For a start it borders on obsessive and obsession about weight and food can be very unhealthy. Secondly mostly people aren't looking at trends (as much as they protest that they are) they do look at the one measure to the next and psychologically, to see a completely meaningless 100g increase can be damaging to motivation, and then a 200g decrease is celebration stations, grab the chocolate cake! It also sets up an expectation of great losses from one day to the next, when really if you're looking to lose the recommended healthy/sustainable loss of 1kg per week the change per day is going to be very minor (1/7th of a kg - close to 150g) and not really identifiable as outside the random error range. i.e. you have more likelihood of seeing a proper change from one reading to the next with a week gap. With a day gap you have no idea if it's random error, real change or just how long it's been since you tinkled. And you still get an adequate number of readings tracked over time with a week gap to say there's a trend in a downward direction (or otherwise). I have a pretty picture at home to prove it.

If you average the readings over 1 week you will minimise the variation but it will err slightly higher (because presumably if you're losing weight the weights from the beginning of the week will be marginally higher than at the end)

Sorry for the rant, it's just one of my bugbears.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress