It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 am

Free Newsletter

Lapbanding over 1yr ago

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Lapbanding over 1yr ago

Postby mynewlife75 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Hello everyone.....Im very new to this site and not sure were to start, Ive had the stomaching banding up at the FMC hospital adelaide july 2009 last year,,,I remember getting weighed in april 2009 an been 132kgs then the day of operation 119.8kgs, i got down to 103.8kgs and got alittle scared havnt been under 100kgs in such a long time gave me anixiety ( having my fat suit protecting me for such a long time from abusive husband 12yrs ) now im remarried an my new hubby loves me unconditionally but i guess what im wondering how you change the pattern??? yesterday the doctor put in 3mls getting weighed been 109.7kgs S**t I didnt want to get over the 110kgs mark when do the excuses stop, its so uncomfortable is that normal??? I dont know? is it because of anixiety?? I dont know....I feel alone I honesty dont know, Who loves feeling attractive, lumpy, gross, tired, unheathly, scared seriously no one im sure and if thats the case why cant I STICK TO THIS AN DO IT INSTEAD OF EXCUSES!!

THANKS FOR READING THIS X
mynewlife75

Re: Lapbanding over 1yr ago

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi, Mynewlife75. I can understand why you're worried about your weight creeping up. Since you believe your problem is largely psychological could you see a psychologist or counsellor about your weight issues? Others have reported fantastic results from talking to a professional. You might be able to get your doctor to refer you to a psychologist so that it's covered by Medicare. Another option might be Dr Phil's book 'The Ultimate Weight Solution'. I haven't read it but I believe it looks at the psychological barriers to weight loss. It might provide you with some advice that can help in your circumstances.

Good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure that once you identify your barriers and find some solutions you'll find it much easier to stick to losing weight.

best regards,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Lapbanding over 1yr ago

Postby mynewlife75 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks for you reply, im already seeing a psychologist but its only been a short time, maybe your right tho things may change as time goes on, one person can only hope....Im going to try my very best to jump every hurdle that gets put in my way.....as the one thing ive taught myelf if not anything is What makes me weak will only make me stronger to fight in a better future for me. hope that makes sense, But thanks kindly

All the best with you weight lose too you seem to be a postive person.
mynewlife75

Return to Personal Progress