It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

Jugman's Weight loss Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jugman's Weight loss Journal

Postby SkullJug » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Ok so, I am a fat guy, and I have been for quite a while and have to say it's never really bothered me. I don't have the self loathing that seems to bother others of my weight, and have never really had any problems because of my weight. I've always been fairly active so have maintained a good level of fitness and strength so I've never really been left out or had to sit something out because of my weight. I'm not skyting about this, in fact it's made the problem much worse. I am 31 and have had a redude awakening to what I am doing to my health. In the last 3 months I have had 29 days off work, mostly due to a stomach problem I have developed. It is easily treatable, and it fact curable. It has however given me a very rude shock.

I want to be healthy!

The company I work for recently setup a weight watchers at work programme (subsidised and everything woo hoo!) which I started yesterday, Its a 13 week programme and am looking forward to it. I've never really dieted before, but have to say I like the weight watchers approach.

I am also getting right back into excercise. I use to be extremely fit so think I can make some good ground here. I'm going to be getting back in the pool with a goal of a 5km swim by christmas, and started up weights training about a month ago. I love weights training but it has been a long time so I am taking it very slow. At the moment I am doing three sessions a week. I have ten different excercises that I rotate through, using four per session. At the moment I am only doing light weight, high rep work to start using the muscles that haven't been used for a while.

I'm writing this for myself, so plan to make it pretty comprehensive, any tips, advise or encouragement are always welcome!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrNZNFt/]
[/url]
SkullJug

Re: Jugman's Weight loss Journal

Postby SkullJug » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 am

Yesterdays report.

Had a very busy night, have taken up "Power cleaning" to try to burn some extra cals while getting my house all spiffy. I spent and hour and a half last night cleaning windows as hard and fast as I could and got the ALL finished (And I have a HEAP of windows) This was my only excercise for the day. So Meals:

Breakfast : Meusli with Trim milk + Cup of Tea
Snack : Apple
Lunch : Banana, Ham, cheese and tomoto Sandwich
Snack: Celery sticks
Dinner: Roast chicken breast with veges.

Am feeling good, that is officially the heathiest day of my life - woo hoo. Action points for today are to buy some new goggles for my swim tomorrow, A thermos for soup (if you swim for excercise you should ALWAYS have something low cal but HOT after you get out of the pool or your appetite sky rockets) and some scales (for calculating points)
[/url]
SkullJug

Postby SkullJug » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 am

Ok so my first weigh in was yesterday. I have only lost 300g on the scales however I had drunk 2 litres of water, eaten my muesli two bananas and a sandwich, the previous week I'd had a coffee and a slice of toast.

Am feeling fantastic already, I went swimming four times last week and did 3 weights sessions, I also took the dog walking everyday. The diet is going great and I am really enjoying weight watchers, I find it really easy to stick to. On friday night I was carving some grease so just had a fillet-of-fish (5 points) without coke or chips which helped the craving without blowing out the day.

I can eat 32 points a day and am finding I have trouble eating it all, I am making up most of my points in low GI foods and feel full most of the time. By the time they are handing out the biscuits at work, I am too full to have any (or just have 1 and count the points)

So only a small loss but a big success in my mind. Hopefully next week sees a bigger loss as my original weigh in was probably not all that accurate.
[/url]
SkullJug

Postby Awaha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

mate, I pretty much in the same spot as you are... except I dont get support from work... lucky you :lol:

Keep it up... and all the best
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Return to Personal Progress