It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

Awaha's Weight Loss Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Awaha's Weight Loss Diary

Postby Awaha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 am

Hi all... new to the group, but not new to the joy of loosing weight....
I am 37 this year, ex-smoker (quite last May), height of 5'8" (172cm) and weight 116kg
I dont have much activities before as I work as an accountant, and I sit in my office from morning till night... last time I would work till late, come home to my girl friend, eat dinner and sleep... obviously my weight just kept on going up... when I first met my gf 3 years ago, I was in weighing 105kg, felt great at the time, but still have lots to loose....

It scared me a few months ago when I noticed my stomach flab has changed from a bulge to a form a hanging flab... feel ashame of how unfit I have become, and would not go to gym or activities with my friends... and unfortunately, my girlfriend has also been affected by my life style, and has also gain a significant amount of weight and is feeling down for it too... :(

with a recent change in my job, i have more time as I dont need to work as late as before...both my girlfriend and myself has put our resolution to loose weight...

My ultamte goal is to break the 100kg mark... as I have not been below that for a long long long........ long long time.....
however, my short term goal is to loose at least 10kg before end of November as I play paintball competitively, and my team will be travelling oversea to compete in a big tournament at KL. and my fitness level has been mentioned a few times as a concern among the team members... so this will be my goal within 10 weeks

We joined Lite n Easy the week before... I am on the 1800calories diet previously, but found that I could not eat most of the food (mini bowls) that i have as snake... so this week I will try the 1500calories menu... we are going on the 5 days menu, with Sat and Sun to be our free days... we cook or eat out... but watch what we eat, and how much....

Hardest part is giving up rice... I love rice, and would eat bowls and bowls if I could... (Im asian... so I cant help it :oops: )

We also join our local gym... had a 3 months special at $160... decent facility... and has lots of classes...
we are going to gym at least 3 times a week.... Yesterday we did step classes, and tonight we did pump... man... I nearly died... and my knees are hurting a little ( I did dislocate my knee before)

Last week I weight myself and came up between 114-116kg... weight today at 112.8kg.... I dont know if the first measurement was correct... but I will use periodic weighing to have a better idea,,,

I posting this here as a diary of my progress... but at the same time, maybe looking for some word of encouragement from fellow members who are also going through their own difficult journey... as they say.... misery loves companies :D

cheers all...
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Re: Awaha's Weight Loss Diary

Postby Gordz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I'll be following your thread mate. Don't give up rice though! It's a great filler and contains zero fat, as long as you're active and burning the carbs, then the rice will work in your favour! If you put no energy into your body and start demanding energy out of it, your body is just going to put whatever you eat straight to fat stores.

Eat the rice, but as i said before, work that shtuff off!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Awaha » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 am

thanks for the word of encouragement there GOrdz... will stay on LnE for awhile, so rice might only be a weekend special :)

Today used the Wii to keep a graphical record of my weight gain/loss ... since I havent used it for 315days... seems like i have put on 2kg since then :(

Well, official week1 result 113.6kg

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby jetje » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Dear Awaha,

Noticed your post and you mentioning that you love rice. I read this week somewhere that the rice would be even better if it was brown rice, as it has a low GI. If you don't like brown rice, basmati also has same low GI, so instead of long grain or jasmine, try those...

Good luck,
Jetje
jetje

Postby Awaha » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:07 pm

lol... yeah... contemplated about eating brown rice before, but not a big fan... so decided to keep the rice as the weekend treads... :D

As we only have Lite'n'easy for the weekdays, on friday night I have Sashimi on Sushi rice with salad and soup... GF had tampura Role with salad and soup... Saturday we had instant noodles for bruch before class... then had a fresh salad and steak burger, and last night we had pork chop on baby potatoes... plus 3 bottle of beers.... :oops:

The funny thing was we found it difficult to finish the amount of food we used to eat easily this time round... so I guess with the smaller portion, our brain and stomach are slowly learning the proper sizes we should be eating.

On the plus side, my GF spend the saturday cleaning up the house and doing laundries, while I spend about 3-4 hours cleaning my fish tanks, carrying buckets in and out of the house, and also played in a small paintball tournament where I had to run abit too :lol:

Bicep felt abit tired and tight from body pump last week... Tonight will be body steps... (God... I hate Guy Sabastian "I like it like that" so much right now from the class :x )

Awaha

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

God... I hate Guy Sabastian "I like it like that" so much right now from the class

hahahahahahaha

Good work Awaha. Are you going to a Fenix Fitness gym? I used to go there and I recognise the class names. The best one in my opinion was "Thump", the boxing class.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Awaha » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 am

i go to the figure factory down at Victoria Park (Opposite McDonald :lol: )
they had a special where its 3 months for $160 and $40 for the first joining admin fees... and it will be $160 every 3 months as long as i renew...

it was cheapest of the gym near my place, and no that full... staffs are friendly... and has a pool (hopefully will finish renovate soon) equipments are in good condition too...

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:16 am

my second weigh in yesterday... and according to the Wii, I was at 113.5kg... which was kind of disappointing, as I felt like I did enough to loose some weight...

However, I have noticed the weighing maching i have in the bed room does do body fat testing too (sort of metal plates by the feet section, and measure the current resistence from one place to another?) and it has gone done from 40% to 38%... so could this mean Im building up muscle so the weight lose was minimal? hmmm... i wish that would be true..

Only went to the gym 2x this week. The first was on Wed, and suppose to go to a step class, but the instructor forgot to bring her disc, so my GF and I went on the thread mill instead... did a 30min brisk walk on it... had about 380cal burn from that.... wore my Polar chest belt, so it was synching with my threadmill with no problems... however, it was stuffing up my GF's reading though :P also did some basic weights too... used light weights,

On thursday, went to my 2nd body pump class... much easier now since I know some of the basic moves, and I can just concentrate on getting the moves right instead of keep watching the instructor... great workout... according to my heart monitor, I did about 900cal of workout then... finished up with 20min threadmill cool down walk.... I burnt more than 1000cal which equates to nealy my daily cal intake :D however, my butt is still sore till today from all the squads we did :P

Friday night was abit of a wash out... GF had to work late this week, and I skip gym... went to dinner had a grill sea food platter between the two of us.. one beer and a turkish bread dip... naughty... :(

Yesterday was our friends wedding... had bake beans for breakfast... went to church... after church... had Ramen at this Japanese restaurant... naughty again by ordering extra noodles... :oops: then last night we went to reception... 3 couse meal with a few glasses of white wines and choco desserts.... need to work them off... tomorrow is Royal show... so have to be careful with what I eat there....

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:14 pm

We went to the Royal show on Monday (public holiday) and spend the whole day walking and ate a few things we should not have... (Hot dog, Hamburger, buttered corn, bake potatoes, ribs, doughnuts) ahhh... it was nice to eat, but guilty after :( but I did made it a point to avoid the soft drinks...

Unfortunately, my gf got the flu, and she felt really tired and lethargic. so both of us didnt end up going to gym this week. Pretty much wake up, go to work, come home, eat dinner and sleep early.

However, it seems that my weight is continuing to drop, as it was at high 113kg, then down to low 113kg, then at mid 112kg, and this morning it actually gone to 111.8kg ?!? so I have a few theories regarding this... with the increased in exercise, I may have build up some muscles where none existed before, and with my 1500cal meals compare to my approx daily Cal consumption requirement of 2671.32cal (http://calculators.hpathy.com/calories-need.asp), I am slowly loosing weight.

BUT after reading the myth of the lemon detox, I guess the weight loss could be result from eating less food after the heavy weekend, and after all the "junk" i have inside of me has passed through.... I was lighter... so I have come to the conclusion that the secret of weight loss is to poo alot :lol: guess those metamucils i been taking is helpful :lol:

Anyway, I just picked up my new Iphone4, and have bought and installed the C25K programe, and will start it next week... this will be on top of my regular (or irregular) excersise programs. will be using it on a treadmill as I had issues with running before due to my feet and bung left knee.

Tomorrow will be my official weigh in.... so see how it goes :)

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:52 am

Ok. Yesterday was pretty good. Official weigh in at 111.5kg :)

Leg is still sore around the shin area as I was using the ecliptic trainer, then tried the wii active game my sister bought for a few months ago. I did the 30min circuit. And I have admit it was pretty tough on high intensity. Only complain I had was the rubber sheet thingy used for resistance training, so went to rebel sport and bought better rubber bands.

If you have a wii, I would suggest active over wii fit as I worked up a big sweat :)

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:06 am

It's 11pm right now, and I'm feeling hungry.

Had my dinner at 6pm. Went to gym and did body pump. Sore muscle everywhere. But now I'm hungry.

What can I eat at this time that I would not undo what I have done?

Read about Geoff Heugal's come back. 40+kg in 15months. Wonder if I can do 20?

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:44 pm

managed to control my hunger last night... went to the pantry, had a rummage through it and found a Maggi cup of noddle my mom bought when she was visiting a few months ago... so easy... just add boiling water, and you have a nice big cup of pepper steak flavored noodles.... yum....

But then, I looked at the side of the nutrient column, and saw that one serving is about 410cal, and based on my heart rate monitor I wore during the pump class, I only managed to spend 825cal... so this noodle will undo half of my hard work I put in... kind of made it hard to swallow... so I just put it back in to the pantry... drank 2 glasses of water, and went back to my room... told my girlfriend this morning about it, and she was very proud of me :)

had a quick look at some of the calories of the fav food I used to eat:

~ ONE Subway Choc Chip cookie... 212cal :shock: (15 mins of pump class or 1 hour walk on threadmill)
~ 12" Subway BMT roll... 900cal :shock: (1 Pump class + 20 min walk on the threadmill)
~ ONE KFC chicken thigh 340cal :shock: (25min of pump class or 1.5hours on threadmill)
~ McDonald Hotcakes 600cal (50min of pump class or 3 hours walk on threadmill)
~ McD Sausage and Egg McMuffin 440cal (30mins of pump class or 2 hours walk on threadmill)
~ McD Angus Burger 760Cal.... :shock:
~ McD Fillet o Fish 310cal
~ McD Large chips 453cal :shock:
~ McD Double Quarter pounder 857Cal :shock:
~ McD Big Mac 480 Cal
~ large Coke 290 Cal :shock:

and these are only a few... and most of these are eating in groups, so one meal would definately tip me over my daily normal allowance.... no wonder i got so fat... :(

I feel guilty now that I realised I have introduced my girlfriend to the evil of fast food... last time she was only 45kg when I first met her, but since we have been dating, getting McD from around the corner was far too easy than cooking basic food before...

I will just have to work harder with her, and go through this weight loss journy together...

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:59 am

Had my official weigh in today. And it has actually gone up to 111.6kg which is a 0.1 increase. Kind of disappointed that I didn't see a decrease according to the wii.

Also last night was my 3rd nightingale a row doing body pump. And I noticed that I could not do as much weight and repetition as the first or second night. My heart monitor confirmed. The calories I used has drop from 925 -> 853 -> 725. I guess I have to have the break in between body pump session.

Also yesterday I did read that I may be too low on my calorie count at 1500. And my body is going into starvation mode? Can't tell. But I have tried on a work shirt that was XL and was tight before. But now I can wear it standing up... Sitting down still gives me the tight belly feel :lol:

Oh well, another week gone... Another week closer to my goal :)

Awaha

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 pm

0.1 increase? You're seriously taking that seriously? 0.1 could be anything, in fact it could actually be due to random error inherent in your scales (all measurement has some inherent error). In fact could technically have LOST 0.1 and not know about it!

ZDon't let it get you down, focus on the overall trend of the last few months/weeks and keep your eye on the prize. :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Awaha » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Lol. No. I'm not disappointed about the 0.1 gain but more about the fact I didn't drop the weight more after the hard work I've put in during the week.

I guess it's hard to tell between weight loss and muscle gain without doing a body fat % test.

Awaha

Next

Return to Personal Progress