It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Awaha's Weight Loss Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Awaha's Weight Loss Diary

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:42 am

Hi Awaha,

Keep up the fantastic work and stay positive! It seems like you've made a really great start, put the 0.1kg 'gain' behind you, and just focus on the future. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic result next time you weigh in :)

I personally think a 0.1kg gain is nothing to worry about, you should only pay attention to numbers like that if they are a loss! :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Awaha » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

well... had a big weekend... had a big mug of coffee (with 2 sugars) and a ham & cheese bagel before going to play paintball on Sunday morning... came home late in the afternoon after missing lunch but had a bottle of Ginger beer, so my girlfriend and I were pretty much starving for food... (not good).... so the both of us decided to try this new chinese place a friend recommended... we had fried fish head with rice noodle, jewfish with soy sauce, stir fried vegetables with garlic and Malay fried rice.... after that, we pretty much destroyed the work we did over the past few days...

My weight went up to 111.8kg yesterday morning, and after much work on the Body Step class, managed to reduce it to 111.4kg this morning... I think Mon and Tues morning will always show my bad behaviors during the weekend :mrgreen:

OH well... another week gone, and another week closer to my target weight :)
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby Awaha » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Went to a body step class last night, and have to admit my legs were tired during and after the class... the previous class I felt more in sync with the rest of the class, but last night was a mess.... kept missing my timings, and my thigh were like lead and jelly depending on the position Im in. But based on the Polar heart monitor I was wearing, my avg HR was at 148bpm, and maintained it at 38 out of 45min class.... and burned a nice 1068Kcal (is that the same as normal Calorie?)... got home tired... ate dinner, showered, and passed out by 11pm in bed...

did a quick weigh in this morning, and found I was in the mid 110kg range... wow! I am so close to be back in the 100's and not the 110's :)

Next week I will be closer to my mini goal... which is mid 100's before I fly off to Malaysia for my tournament :twisted:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby Awaha » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Had a big session at the gym yesterday. Went to a body pump class and then has a walk/jog on the treadmill. Burnt approximate 1300kcal according to the HRM. Walk was ok, but notice my thigh were weak when doing squads. Have to strengthen it to get bettter.

Weekly weighing today on the wii. I have drop 1.1kg from 111.6kg to 110.5kg :)

After reading around, I think my diet at 1500cal might be way too low for proper weight loss. I think I will need to include some other food (even though I don't feel like eating much during the day). If I have Protein powder during the morning and night, that will add about 500cal to my daily intake. Any comments guys?

Another week down, another week closer to my goal :)

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:29 pm

well, after doing a few more readings about protein sups, and considering how much calorie deficit I have (1000+ per day), I have decided to use protein powder to add some into my diet. Bought 2 type of them, one is a fast acting one that suppose to be easily absorbed in, while the other is a thicker texture, and will sit longer (suppose to be good for night time)

Each serving will be 175cal - 200cal, plus 100ml of low low fat milk will be around 350cal per serving; I was thinking this week I will try to have one in the morning with milk, and one at night 2 hours before sleep with water, so that would being my daily calorie intake from 1500cal to approx 2000cal. Will continue with my regular body step and pump class during the week. Monday is Steps, Tue is some weight training and body stretch, Wed is pump, Thurs is just basic cardio (treadmill, x-trainer), Friday is pump, Sat is off day (maybe some cardio), Sun is my paintball training.

Even though the weight hasn't really melted off (i can see or feel the difference), I did managed to wear a paintball pants i usually had to wear on the outer buttons before, and now I can actually use the inner ones... mind you still need to suck in my tummy abit to do that... :roll:
Also during yesterday's tournament, usually when I'm hiding behind my bunker, I would have to get on my knees to stay low, as I would find my leg starts to hurt... but yesterday I found I can squad down lower and longer than before, and from that position, I can run faster from one bunker to the next... which has improved my game alot... mind you my calves are hurting like hell now from the regular burst of running... but its a good feeling pain ... if there is one of those :lol:

Awaha

Postby Gordz » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:42 pm

protein powder will deffinatlely strengthen your legs. you should also look at creatine for the paintballing. you will thank me for this one! calorieking today is saying im -1156cals in deficit... i thought its the deficit that equals loss? .. i might be doing it wrong.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Awaha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, its day 2 on morning Protein Shake, and have to admit it kept me full on the drive to work, but yesterday I was abit tired from the weekend and lack of sleep. We went to the body step class last night, and they changed some of the steps and I was confused as heck trying to follow... especially the heart racer ones... I cant dance for the life of me, so i was like a spastic fat spider with my arms and legs going everywhere :mrgreen: mind you... after reviewing my heart rate monitor, I did burn 1037kCal from that... so cant be all bad.... yeap, my right thigh is still giving me problems with it being weak, during thouse movements with my right leg holding my body weight while I move my left back and forth is the one that kills me... :(

Will need to incorporate some weight training into it... I thought the body pump would be sufficient, but I might see if I can add some leg press to build up more strength there...

Surprising news though... after a class last week, my GF decided to go on the treadmill with me, and actually went for a run 10mins continuous, slow walk for 5, and continue for another 10... surprised the heck out of me, as I have never seen her run (or exercise) before.... so our healthy lifestyle change has also had some obvious improvement to her.

I think I will reward the both of us with a little present this week... .been looking at the Polar FT80 and the FT7, so I think I will get one for myself and my GF.... it would also give her a new toy and more encouragement with the exercises as she can have some measurable results....

I did our body measurement last friday, but havent had a chance to upload it onto calorie king yet...

Here is my average for my 5 weeks, and it is looking pretty good I think for a start :)

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Gordz wrote:calorieking today is saying im -1156cals in deficit... i thought its the deficit that equals loss? .. i might be doing it wrong.

if I understood correctly from all those readings, anything more than 1000cal deficit might be considered as starvation mode? where the body will not release the fats? i might be wrong... that is why Im going on the protein shake, so that my deficit is not too high...

BMR for my weight and age is at 2642cal to 3027cal between inactive to light activity
Light'n'easy is at 1500cal
Daily gym sessions is at avg 1000cal
So my daily calorie deficit is 1142 (if I just eat and no gym) to 2527 (if I go to gym)

maybe that is why my legs are weak and tired? :lol:

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Found 4 new gym shirts I bought a few years ago (XXL) ones that I always said I will wear them when I can fit into it...they are those sweat wicking ones that are kinda body hugging... well, 2 of them is still too small, but ther other 2 are now slightly loose... unfortunately, I can still see the moobs on me, but my GF was pretty happy and said it looked good :) I still feel kind of self concious about it... but going to wear the black one tonight and see how it goes :lol:

Also, this morning while wearing my pants, I have broke new ground... Im actually using the inner holes on my belt... ones that have never been used before...

Good start to the day today :)

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Forgive me fellow dieters. For I have sinned.
It has been 6 weeks since I last had a hungry jack burger.
For tonight I have sercomed to temptation and ate a whopper with onion rings :(

I feel ashamed and sick... Actually, I'm feeling kinda sick now as it was pretty oily :P

Don't know how I used to eat it so often....

Awaha

Postby Gordz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:56 pm

heeeeey we're the same weight!!! whopper isnt toooo badd, but shame on the onion rings. my last HJs was sept 22. i also felt sick... for days ive craved maccas or kfc but have resisted, now reading your post about regret has helped. cheers bloke!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Awaha » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 am

Well, at least my sin for tonight have saved someone from bad food :Lol:

I did go to gym tonight and had a new pump class being put on.... High heart rate program. Nearly passed out I think. According to the HRM. I had 1075cal spend on it.

So with thr food I ate this afternoon came to 1600cal plus the burger at 900cal and burger ring at 400cal. That brings me to 2900cal. Slightly over for a inscribe person my age and size. So after the excercise I'm still slightly under for today.

But still... It feels like I wastedy night at the gum after this burger :lol:

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm

urrgggh..... woke up this morning with Junk food hang over... felt crappy... bloated and thirsty.... damn you HJ! damn joooooooo......!

on another note, I was pretty tired yesterday from the class, and pretty much passed out by 10pm... I did remember during the class, there was one section that I felt completely "out of it"... and could not seem to control or exert my legs during the exercise... lacking energy... but managed to have a 2nd wind and finished pretty strong... wonder what my body is telling me :shock:

Awaha

Postby Awaha » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Yay... got a new toy today... order my Polar FT80 yesterday from Polar shop at Adelaide, and it actually came in the mail today... Awesome postage speed :)
Got the FT7 for my GF too... had a quick look at it, and it was pretty big... thought it might be smaller for a girl's wrist... oh well... surprise present for her tonight... not very romantic... but non the less, its still a pressie :lol:

Awaha

Postby Gordz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 am

so they're watch thingies?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz