It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Christmas shrinkage!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Christmas shrinkage!

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:43 am

Well here i go again....I must have tried to lose this weight easily 100 times in my life - and Im only 28!! I weigh 250lbs, which is a nasty number to see on the scales when im only 5 ft 8'. I worked out that i would have to be over 8ft tall to have a healthy bmi - that is shocking :(

Anyway, I have a big holiday to the uk at christmas and i would very much like to shrink myself down a little before i have to sit in a small aeroplane seat for long stretches of time. Im not unrealistic and i know that i dont have the time (or the inclination) to be an exercise junkie, so I am going to set myself a target of losing 14kg in 13 weeks.

I can work out calories better than joules (too many big numbers!) so I will stick to around 1500 cals each day. Im also doing zumba twice per week for 30 mins and walking 8km once per week. As i get fitter i will def add to this.

With the school holidays apporaching, I will have more time on my hands and will be able to do zumba every day (i love it!) Hopefully the weather will turn soon and my nightly beach walks will begin again too.

Here Goes! 8)

Beginning weight - 114kg

Week 1 Target - 112kg
Week 2 target - 110kg
Week 3 Target - 109kg
Week 4 Target - 108kg
Week 5 Target - 107kg
Week 6 Target - 106kg
Week 7 Target - 105kg
Week 8 Target - 104kg
Week 9 Target - 103kg
Week 10 Target - 102kg
Week 11 Target - 101kg
Week 12 target - 100kg

Target for Xmas -100kg ( a nice round number :))
twinklebarr

Re: Christmas shrinkage!

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 am

well it has been a bit of an up and down first week! After thinking that my start weight was 250lbs I was weighed by my doctor at my physical and it turns out that I was actually 256lbs :( Wow was I embarrassed....

On the plus side, it means that I know exactly how big I let myself get and have a clearer picture of all the facts. But still it hurt!

My weigh in this week was great and I have lost 10lbs! I am now down to 246lbs. I have a longgggg way to go but it is a really good start and im pleased that my efforts are paying off :) I have been control of my clas and portions and trying to exercise whenever I can.

My target for week one was to hit 112 kg (247lbs) so i smashed it! even tho i was initially heavier than i thought :)

I have been really thinking about what it will mean to me to be thin. I dont want to get super skinny or anything (im def not designed for that) but I just want to feel confident in clothes, and to know that I can walk into any shop and know that the clothes will fit me. If i could get down to an Aus size 14 i would be happy. At the moment I am an Aus 18-20 and i have to shop in the plus size sections or in places like city chic and mysize. These shops are great but i want more variety and choice. I used to be a real fashion lover but i think that as i grew bigger i knew i looked ridiculous and just stopped trying.

This weekend i went out with all the girls and i was easily the largest one there (by a long shot) They all looked fantastic and i know that i looked awful compared to them. Of course the pics taken were on facebook the next day and i had to untag myself from so many because i was so embarrassed. They all had at least a few guys interested in them, and i had nothing but odd looks and worst of all....the pity looks and looks of disgust from other girls :( I dont even want guys to come onto me (im happily married!) but it would be nice to know that I look good or at least that I dont look revolting.

I know that i am being very vain and selfish but it has finally got to the point where i cant stand it anymore. Excellent motivation to keep going!
twinklebarr

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30 am

Week 2 target is 110kg on Monday 4th October :)
twinklebarr

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Good luck! You seem to be doing on the right track!

I know exactly what you mean about clothes. For me that is the best part about weight loss!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 am

hi happy girl! I can already feel that my jeans are looser so i hope that it will continue :)

I cant weigh myself this week as im moving house and the scales are packed away!!! Bloody annoying as i dont know if i have hit my 110kg target yet...hmmm...might be brave and go on one of those pay scale things. I could just assume that I have as i have been really on track and focused so hopefully it will have paid off!

So in that case....next weeks target is 108kg on Monday 11th October :) Positive thinking!
twinklebarr

Return to Personal Progress