It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Kirsty's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kirsty's progress

Postby kotobird » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:35 pm

I was so pleasantly surprised this morning after my pilates class, when I hopped on the scales at the gym, to find that I'd lost my first chunk of weight - 1.5 kilos down since monday! I know it can be faster at the start, and I'm prepared for that rate to fluctuate, but yay! So affirming to have some results start showing up. It's making me more resolved to keep at it and get in to the rhythm of creating a new me....

So, today I'm at 81.5... here's to the next 1.5 kilos!

x Kirsty :D

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Re: Kirsty's progress

Postby kotobird » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:20 pm

I just signed up for the october challenge, to get down to 78kg by 31st Oct. That got me thinking about short term goals for each month, so here goes:

By oct 31: 78kg

By Nov 30: 73kg

By Dec 23rd: 70kg.

Does this seem reasonable? Give or take a kilo on each goal is fine with me...

:mrgreen:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:48 pm

ok, I've got it - I've been trying to think of a good reward for all this work - and seeing as my birthday is on 17th december, towards the end of the 12-week challenge, I'm going to buy myself a superb vintage frock for my birthday and wear it out on the night. That will be amazing!!!

:mrgreen:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Start of week 2:

2.1kg lost - I think I can be proud of that! I've been really disciplined, and somehow haven't found it too hard, which is great because it's not how it's been for me in the past! Maybe it's just because I'm not prepared to be unhappy because of my weight. It doesn't have to be that way, so it's not gonna! :mrgreen:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:48 pm

down to 80.5 today - that's 2.5kg lost. It's going pretty steadily, which is really encouraging! Can't wait to get into the 70's :)

kotobird

Postby Gutsy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Well done! You seem to be losing weight constantly. Tell us more about your weightloss regime.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby kotobird » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Gutsy, well, basically I'm eating heaps of vegetables, with some kind of protein at most meals - I'm vegetarian, so it tends to be tofu or beans, or a little egg or cheese - but keeping a check on amounts of these so as not to blow the calorie budget :) . I'm eating often throughout the day, and not too many calories at main meals, which allows for more substantial snacks... let me give you a sample daily menu:

Breakfast:

2 slices sourdough wholemeal bread with ricotta and fruit or a little honey
Coffee with soy milk and 1 tsp honey

Mid morning:
1 piece fruit
mug of tea with soy and honey (I do love honey!!)

Lunch:
bowl steamed vegies with tofu fried in a little olive oil with lemon, salt and pepper

Mid Afternoon:
4 vita-weats with 25g light cheese

Dinner:
150g cooked wholemeal pasta with tomato based vegetable sauce (with broccoli, mushrooms, capsicums, etc)
little parmesan sprinkled on top
Small bowl frozen yogurt (Bulla brand - yummy!)

Supper:
mug tea with soy and honey

This all adds up to around 1300-1500 calories with the portions I'm having. I'm also doing 5 sessions at the gym a week - 4 Les Mills classes and one Pilates. I'm trying really hard to drink more water - and up until today I've managed an average of 1.5 litres. It's not a habit yet though! I like to keep the foods I eat pretty natural so I don't go for artificial sweeteners, but am trying to reduce fat. I guess the main thing is that my portion sizes have reduced, I'm using less fat in my cooking, and I'm eating pretty much only wholegrain carbs. I think keeping it simple and natural is the key. For me anyway! :)

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Weighed in again today, hoped to see more loss than I did, but maybe I shouldn't have too high expectations - it is TTOTM for me right now... I'm not sure exactly how it is supposed to affect you - is it just water retention? So anyway, I'll weigh in on Monday and record that weight, hopefully the monthly effects will have worn off by then.

I'm feeling a little less enthusiastic than I was, I just need to remind myself that this is normal, that there will be periods where it feels like a bit of a drag... I've decided to buy myself a new pair of exercise bathers when I get to 78kg as a reward. I think I need these mini-goals, as I can feel myself getting just a little lazy with it at the moment... I haven't indulged in anything serious - though I did have 2 serves of frozen yogurt yesterday. It didn't take me over my calorie limit, so I guess that's ok. Hmmm, ok well then, back to it I guess :)

kotobird

Postby dustany1dust » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:53 pm

You are doing well, dont lose hope :) keep going!!!
SW: 87.7 kg
CW: 67.3 Kg
GW: 60.0 kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBNkP1d/]
[/url][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wedTGW9/]
[/url]
dustany1dust

Postby kotobird » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:27 pm

well I weighed in at 80.2 today - seems this last week has been a lot slower than week 1! I know I know, it's the way it usually goes, and all in all a 2.8kg loss in 2 weeks is pretty good. My enthusiasm has definitely waned, not necessarily tempted to go out and eat junk or anything, but perhaps just feeling a little less urgency. Probably a more sustainable mindset anyway! I kind of felt like I indulged today a little, as I ate a bagel for breakfast and a ciabatta for lunch - reasonably healthy toppings though. Just feels like big serves of carbs, but I just got back from a Step class so that probably balanced it out a bit. Vegies for dinner, methinks!

Just have to keep remembering and feeling ok with the process... just be patient and see it through... the satisfaction of looking and feeling good will be worth more than any calorie-laden snack or meal I could possibly dream up :roll:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:53 pm

80.08 today... so damn close to 80!!! so I can say I lost 2.9kg in the first 2 weeks. I have 2 weeks to get to 78, as per the October challenge. Gotta reaffirm my determination somehow. :|

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

weighed in again today at precisely the same weight as Monday, even though I've done lots of exercise and eaten fine... I saw that and felt a little annoyed, but then remembered that what is important is my health and fitness, and the scales don't tell the whole story. It's only a very brief summary of what's going on, so I will stay confident in the knowledge that I'm doing the right thing, and I can be patient with this... 8)

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 pm

wow! 79.6 today! compared to yesterday, that's really exciting! So chuffed to be in the 70's now - and only 1.5 kg away from my October goal weight. Got 10 days to get that in the can. That's my focus right now, keep the goals short term, and watch them add up one by one :D

Something I read elsewhere on this forum really rang true for me - and that is that "the time will pass anyway", whether you're making good lifestyle choices or not. I guess for me, my main issue is being impatient to see results and getting de-motivated when it's not all happening now... am I a product of the modern age, or what!? :P So, here's to remembering to be patient and treat each moment as a conscious decision...

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:13 pm

argh, I'm feeling the pull of crap food... it all started yesterday when I had a cheesy pastry roll for dinner because I needed something super quick before I went to work, and then at work I ate a small piece of chocolate brownie. It was great, totally enjoyed it and am not beating myself up about the brownie - that was way more worth it than the pastry - but it's sparked my taste buds' love of taste!! They're going "oh yeah, that's right, we loooove fat and sugar and salt!!! Give us more!!!" Greedy little buggers. So now that I'm trying to revert back to mindful, healthy eating, they're arguing with me like they know what's best for me! "We want taaake awaaaay for dinner, pleeeeease!! Give us chips! We want food that's baaaad for you, but goood for uuuus!!" Damn it. It's like I have to reset, try to switch them off again. Not that healthy food is bad tasting, but it's just not the same, really, is it? We all know that... :P

anyway, this is the struggle, is it not? I'm thinking maybe I'll adapt something to diet friendly from a really yummy looking recipe, and try to fool them that way :wink:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 am

I think I'm getting control over my taste buds again... I still struggled last night with crap food cravings, but I just thought about it and realised that it was a comfort food desire, and I came to a compromise - went and bought a packet of ginger nut biscuits, which seem to be the same calories as those diet biscuits, and had a couple with a cup of tea while watching a movie. That seemed to quell the comfort food desire, and I stopped at 2 - only 76 calories. So I didn't break the calorie budget, luckily. Today I feel much more in control, and am feeling my motivation renewing to try to conquer my October Challenge.

The last 2 days of eating a bit outside the "diet protocol" has taught me that it's not really such a bad thing, because overall, I didn't over-consume calorie-wise, and it may just have helped kick-start my fat loss, if there's anything to the idea that eating different foods every now and then can do that. I might expect perhaps not to see any great loss today at the gym, but I'm ok with that. And I feel like my desire to indulge has been satisfied for now. I'm starting to think that well planned, accounted for indulgences are kind of necessary, to keep us on track and to allow ourselves pleasure from food in healthy ways. Again, I come back to the simple principle that it's what you do consistently that matters.

kotobird

Next

Return to Personal Progress