It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

Free Newsletter

Kirsty's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Kirsty's progress

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm

kotobird wrote:I've realised more clearly that I use food as an emotional regulator - I always knew that I comfort ate, but I was doing some reading last night and it really made me acknowledge exactly how often (ie, every day!!) I have used food to give me emotional satisfaction.

It's so SO insidious isn't it? I keep trying to remember that each challenge is a learning point and teaches you something new about yourself if you can just figure out what the lesson is...
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kotobird » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 pm

yeah, I guess the important thing is to let it show you what's wrong in your life, so you can address that problem somehow, and get food off the list of coping mechanisms... it's good to realise though, because it's the key to getting this done the right way :)

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Postby kotobird » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:08 pm

today's food:

B: raw date and craisin muesli with plain yogurt, a little soy, banana and drizzled with honey (from cafe)
3/4 soy latte with 1 sugar

pot tea with soy milk and honey (about 2 cups)

L: Roasted veg tortellini with sauteed vegies and ricotta stirred through (smallish serve)
sprinkle parmesan

Small coffee with soy and honey

D: remaining veg tortellini from lunch (small serve) with parmesan
few rice crackers

1 glass red wine

few rice crackers
orange

Pretty good today, and it felt totally sustainable, like it was the natural way for me to eat. Probably could have had a little more vegies, but otherwise it felt fine. No guilty feelings associated with any of my food today, as I caught myself before I managed to overeat portion wise.

Also started the Shrink Yourself online emotional eating program, and there's a lot of good stuff in there. Feels like the right way to be addressing my weight and food issues. I'd rather do that at the moment, get to the root causes of my overeating, and lose weight naturally than have to make it a fight all the way, with my emotional being working against me. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere now with the journey - have no idea where my weight is at since friday, but I'd prefer it that way. I'll check tomorrow and maybe try to keep it to only a weekly weight check. If I can stand the suspense!

Tried to go to Yoga tonight, but the fill-in instructor didn't turn up! Pretty annoying as I was looking forward to it, but not to worry, Pilates tomorrow :)

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 pm

grrr! Pilates wasn't on today either - but this time it was my fault cos I forgot it was a different timetable today. But still grrr :evil:

So when that happened, I said to myself "Bugger this, I'm going to buy a gymstick!!" Which I did. And it's coooool. I've been eyeing off the ones we use in Pilates class for a while, and now it means I can administer my own exercise when things like this happen. I don't like missing out on exercise for too long, cos it means I have to be even more careful with food than I already am!!!

I did weigh in today... still 79.6 :cry: boo. I really don't think I'm eating too much/the wrong things. I'm just not going completely hardcore, which I think can be counter-productive anyway.

Here's my food/exercise so far:

B: 2 slices wholemeal sourdough toast with tahini & chutney
coffee with soy and honey

45 mins on gymstick - DVD exercises and improvising

L: 1 wholemeal mini-pita pizza with low fat edam, bocconcini (turns out it's very low fat!!) and vegies
1 orange

tea with soy and honey
2 ginger nuts

Yet to have dinner, which will be vegie soup I think. It'll be a bit later so I might have another snack before my student comes at 7:30. Feeling a bit disappointed about my loss over the last 2 weeks, but feeling good about addressing emotional eating, and am making good discoveries that will definitely help me a lot in the long term.

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

kotobird wrote:Here's my food/exercise so far:

B: 2 slices wholemeal sourdough toast with tahini & chutney

45 mins on gymstick - DVD exercises and improvising

L: 1 wholemeal mini-pita pizza with low fat edam, bocconcini (turns out it's very low fat!!) and vegies
1 orange

tea with soy and honey
2 ginger nuts

Add to the above:

a small bowl of chunky vegetable soup
1 vegetarian sausage with tomato chutney
bowl full-fat yogurt (Jalna...mmmm...) with blueberries
peppermint tea

I guess you could say there was little indulgences in the ginger nuts and creamy yogurt, but all within the boundaries of sensible eating, I feel.

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Today's food/exercise:

2 slices wholemeal sourdough toast with tahini & chutney (love it)

Kiwi fruit

45mins gymstick and 15 mins stretching

small bowl vegie soup and 2 vegie sausages with chutney

cup tea with soy and honey

small bowl vegie soup with 2 slices WS toast (tahini on one, butter on the other - first bit of butter in 4 weeks!)

Might have another snack now, cos I can feel a little tummy rumble and I'm not sure I've eaten quite enough yet today.

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:50 pm

yep add to that 10 rice crackers...

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

today's food:

2 slices WS toast with tahini and chutney

kiwi fruit

mini wholemeal pita pizza with edam, bocconcini and vegies

cabbage roll filled with rice (white I think - from a cafe)

small bowl tofu and veg stir-fry with a little white rice
teaspoon of ice cream :mrgreen:

Haven't weighed myself since monday, might tomorrow after step class. I feel like I've got into a rhythm with my eating, and it's feeling quite comfortable, while still being challenged by my emotional eating journey. Still realising just how much I have approached every food opportunity as an emotional act, and being so attached to food in this way. Wow, the things that lie under the surface, huh? But just trying to listen to my body at the moment and get more used to listening to physical signals and responding to the emotional signals in more productive ways.

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 pm

today's food/exercise:

Normal breakfast: 2 sl WS toast w Tahini & chutney
strong soy latte :shock:

Orange
herbal tea

mountain bread savoury strudel with vegies and bocconcini

full fat yogurt with blueberries

4 vita-weats with cheese & chutney

20 mins on gymstick

moroccan vegies with beans
plain yogurt

considering having a cup of tea with 2 ginger nuts, so let's add that too :roll:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 pm

finally saw a loss today!! I weighed in at 79.1 at the gym today, with light clothing. I weighed my clothing when I got home and that made me 78.7!! I think I'm going to record my weight sans-clothing from now on, cos it's much more motivating :wink:

So that shows me that I can keep going the way I am and things will keep progressing. Let's see if this loss continues.

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 pm

today's food/exercise:

2 sl WS toast with tahini & 1 banana sliced up (for a change!)

small apple

Yoga class (1 hour)

veg tortellini with tomato & veg sauce, and fetta (small bowl)

2 vegie sausages with tomato sauce
1 muesli bar (Carman's)

veg tortellini with pumpkin, spinach, fetta & parmesan (small bowl)

Pretty carb-heavy day, probably could have had more vegies, but I did better than I almost did by staying home for dinner rather than going out on a whim. I had a distinct urge to have an EEE (emotional eating episode) at dinner time, but decided to address my emotions instead. Turns out I didn't need the indulgent dinner. Go figure :roll:

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 pm

today's food/exercise:

oats, yogurt, banana, drizzle honey and little soy milk
coffee with honey and soy

vege and goats cheese piadina
soy latte with 1 sugar

slice fruit bread with tahini

indian takeaway: 2 malai kofta & pumpkin masala with matar pulao (small serve)

45 min walk

I felt like I indulged a bit today with the takeaway for dinner, but I did do something I have never done with takeaway food before - I STOPPED WHEN I FELT FULL! My mind wanted me to have the last kofta, but I just paused for a moment and decided that if I had more, that would be overeating and I didn't need to have it now. I could eat it tomorrow as a left-over snack. So my emotional eating program task for this week was listening to my body - and I'm learning how! Right now, 2 hours after I finished eating, I still feel pretty full, and to think that I considered eating more when I so clearly didn't need it! These are the moments when our lives change, the small decisions that have massive consequences!! :D

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:08 pm

today's food/exercise:

raw muesli with yogurt, banana, drizzle honey and soy milk
strong soy latte with sugar

1 hour zumba class

1 peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie :o

leftovers - 1/2 small serve malai kofta & rice, couple pieces tortellini with pumpkin
cup tea with soy milk

small apple

2 homemade falafel (low fat)
2 vegie sausages with a little mashed sweet potato, peas and fried mushroom

Little bit random today, I was offered a hot cookie from the oven at a friend's house - how could I refuse?? I did refrain from eating more than one, and from eating the cookie dough that friend's daughter so generously offered me :) I feel it wasn't a blow-out, but not an amazingly healthy day.

kotobird

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 am

kotobird wrote:I felt like I indulged a bit today with the takeaway for dinner, but I did do something I have never done with takeaway food before - I STOPPED WHEN I FELT FULL! My mind wanted me to have the last kofta, but I just paused for a moment and decided that if I had more, that would be overeating and I didn't need to have it now. I could eat it tomorrow as a left-over snack. So my emotional eating program task for this week was listening to my body - and I'm learning how! Right now, 2 hours after I finished eating, I still feel pretty full, and to think that I considered eating more when I so clearly didn't need it! These are the moments when our lives change, the small decisions that have massive consequences!! :D

Good work!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kotobird » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 pm

weighed in today at 78.5kg sans-clothing. So 200g lost since monday. I'm happy with anything as long as it's progress! That means I only have 5-ish kg to go to get back to my 2008 weight (don't have an accurate number, but I know it was 73-74) . And then only 6kg to go after that to get to healthy weight.

I'm going to revise my mini-goals to make them more bite-sized, so I can plan little rewards to keep me motivated:

MG 1: 78kg (Nearly there!)

I really feel as if this is inevitable if I can really sort out my relationship with food through the emotional eating program. I'm really looking forward to being the weight my body wants to be, and being comfortable and healthy in my skin!!

kotobird

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress