It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Kirsty's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Kirsty's progress

Postby brendan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:31 am

"- she tells me she'll stop soon" - has she nearly run out? :D

Seriously though. I think we all can identify with the eating thing - there's that empty feeling (which is mistaken for hunger), but it doesn't matter how much you eat it doesn't go away. In our situations we develop a strategy to cope with it, usually exercise.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby kotobird » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

ok, today and yesterday not so good - 2 nights eating out in a row. yesterday was dumplings and fried shallot pancake and tonight was moroccan. I tried to offset some of it by reducing my consumption during today, but I think I'll also have to be extra conscientious tomorrow as well to balance things out.

today:

2 slices pumpkin toast with tahini and jam
coffee with soy and honey

orange

banana

50 minute brisk walk

small bowl vegie bolognese with wholemeal pasta

dinner out: various moroccan vegie dishes that included a fair bit of oil and butter and white rice... :shock: but soooo yummy

however, I did go to the movies after dinner and didn't have any snacks - only a bottle of plain mineral water. Probably a good plan to eat dinner right before the movies, so you're less tempted to eat during it.

SW: 83.1
MG 1: 78kg ACHIEVED!
MG 2: 75kg
MG 3: 72.5kg
MG 4: 70kg
Final Goal: 67kg
kotobird

Postby kotobird » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 pm

well, I've kind of lost some of my motivation... getting a bit over it all I think. My emotional eating has been worse this past week, with 4 nights eating dinner out, and therefore too much fat/white carbs. It's kind of ironic that my emotional eating habit to focus on this week was "bouncing back" - ha! It's been the worst week for that in the past 2 months! And not just because I was supposed to be doing it, kind of coincided with a growing discontent. I guess it shows that even when we have moments, even weeks, or successions of weeks when we feel like we're totally on top of it, things can still drag us down, even when we don't realise it. It's been a hard week for really understanding why food has such a hold on me... my conscious mind totally knows, but my sub-conscious is way stronger...

anyway, today:

small bowl raw muesli and soymilk
coffee with honey and soy

peach
kiwi fruit

2 vegie sausages with salad (olive oil and vinegar dressing)

pot tea with soy and honey

4 vita-weats with edam cheese
10 rice crackers

salad with dry-fried haloumi cheese (olive oil and vinegar dressing)

cup tea with soy and honey
2 danish butter cookies

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 pm

errrrgh, I'm finding it reeeallly hard to keep things up... and I know it's emotional. I'm doing well in some moments and not so well in others....

Today:

2 wholemeal crumpets with peanut butter
coffee with soy and honey
1 square chocolate - I did stop there!

1 slice pineapple

2 vegie sausages with 2 slices bread and spreads (tahini, mayo, chutney and sauce - not all at the same time!!)

slice pineapple
2 ginger nuts

vegie stew with chickpeas
dollop sheep yogurt

strawberries with vanilla yogurt

I know it's not perfect, but is that really so bad? I actually did resist a lot more temptation today, so it could have been worse...

kotobird

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Feeling your pain. Keep at it, put in a plan for those weak moments and just keep on keeping on. You'll get there.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kotobird » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:52 pm

thanks BD :D

kotobird

Postby kotobird » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:16 pm

feeling better about things today, I've nutted out a really key aspect of my emotional eating - I do it to feel nurtured. If I'm fed up with something, frustrated, feel defeated or something like that, food is the most tempting option to make me feel better. It's also strongly tied to my sense of enjoyment - if I want to have a lazy night in, and enjoy some free time, food seems to be central to the way I enjoy such time. Good to realise those important circumstances in which I lose control. Just have to implement the alternative strategies and thought/action processes.

today:

2 slices WS toast with tahini and jam
strong soy latte with sugar

slice pineapple

stir-fried vegies with vegie sausage and few slices haloumi (peas and haloumi = winning combination!!)

tea with soy and honey

slice pineapple
open vegie burger - 1 slice WS toast, vegie "not-meat" pattie, fried onion, salad vegies, low fat mayo, mustard and BBQ sauce yum! (very little oil used)

2 ginger nuts
2 dessert spoons (ie mouthfuls) ice cream

oh, and I jumped on the scales today - 76.8!! So all that indulgent restaurant food last week didn't do too much damage, thankfully!

And, one of my goals for losing weight was to be able to go shopping and at least fit into regular size 14 pants again - I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 14 shorts for summer - yay me :D

kotobird

Postby brendan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:07 am

Having that ability to self-analyze is a valuable skill, that, provided it doesn't become destructive, can really enrich ones life. An awareness of one's unconscious motives for behaviour gives one the opportunity to develop strategies to thwart them.

Perhaps you could post a photo when you fit into the size14's. Go Kirsty!
[/url]

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
brendan

Postby brendan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 am

Just goes to show how well I read your post - you said you do fit the 14's :oops:

cheers
Bren
[/url]

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
brendan

Postby kotobird » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 pm

last 2 days haven't been great - social occasions where there were just too many sugary, fatty foods on offer! Last night was a friend's birthday, designed to be a deliberately bountiful array of cake and sweets, and today a family affair with cheesy pastries and mud cake! Dear me. I didn't eat to the point of over-fullness, but I did eat. So I won't list the indulgences, just admit that the weekend was a little bit off the rails, and I'll try to repent this week!

kotobird

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Everyone slips up, just put it behind you and get back on track this week. You're doing really well so far :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby kotobird » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm back!!

I've been on quite a journey the last couple of months, part of it was AWOL, but a lot of it had to do with re-evaluating my approach, and finally getting to the bottom of my emotional eating issues. It has been really interesting, and life-changing! It's the kind of thing you have to be ready for, but I do believe that it is the one aspect that keeps us all on the diet merry-go-round, and until you delve deep enough, it's really hard to get off. It's changed my relationship with food to the point that in the last few days, I've even been experimenting with raw food dishes and loving it! Because now it's about how I can nourish my body, and feel most alive and healthy, rather than an eternal battle between "good" and "bad" - because the bad only happens when I have some kind of unfulfilled need, or I am grasping around for something to help me feel safe, protected or nurtured. I really do recommend Shrink Yourself (online therapy program) for anyone interested in going on this journey.

The thing is, I haven't really lost that much since November - I'm at 75.3 as of today. But factor in my birthday, Christmas and New Year all within 2 weeks of each other, and you can see why! But now that my interest in raw foods has been sparked, and I feel on top of my emotional eating, I can feel that it is going to start moving again. I'm not doing anything extreme like going 100% raw, but even adding in one or two raw meals and/or snacks a day, I feel a lot more healthy.

I've been focusing on maintaining Yoga and Pilates over the holidays, with about 3 weeks in total of break from the gym, but having had some nice big walks scattered in there. I feel good about settling on these forms of exercise, because they have more than just pure fitness benefits, and the practise gets deeper as you go (especially Yoga), so it feels more fulfilling somehow. That's just what works for me, anyhow.

So, that's the update. I'll check in again soon :)

kotobird

Previous

Return to Personal Progress