It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 am

Free Newsletter

First Post

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

First Post

Postby summerloving » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi everyone!

Well I'm feeling really good being here at the forum. I used to write on here a few years ago.

My weight history is that I usually go up and down by about 5 kilos. A couple of years ago I was living overseas and I had put on ten kilos in a year and a half! I managed to get from 71kg to 64kg but am now up at 66 again.

At my weight I am in the healthy weight range, however I know for a fact that this shape doesn't do bikinis and favours. I also am well aware of my 'tipping weight'. To me, that's my weight where I know I start to look a little pudgy in photos. That's 65 for me. I prefer when I look slim in photos, thank you very much!

For me, losing a few kilos is about feeling good in my clothes, being able to have fun with fashion (at 27), to feel confident in cozzies, to feel confident in my birthday suit! As a single gal I plain just want to look hot, pretty much. So they are the reasons that being a certain size is important to me.

My goal is around 60kg.

I have had a varied past with dieting. In high school I lost about 5 kg the very unhealthy way - eating very very little. I kick myself for that now because I know how bad it is for your body and mind. At one stage I also lost about 5 kg with diet shakes. I honestly don't know how I stuck to it, because I know I was ravenous! Last year when I returned overseas I lost 6kgs over about 6 months the slow and very healthy way. I researched weight loss, I started running, I ate a lot of healthy grains, proteins and vegetables at regular intervals throughout the day. I'm still very proud of that achievement, because I was overweight and could have easily succumbed to a crash diet, but I committed to doing things the healthy way. Sometimes I'd have treats but I wouldn't beat myself up about it... I'd just enjoy it, and move on, knowing that one treat wasn't the end of the world. I also used Calorie King software which I found to be an excellent tool for learning. Most importantly, during this time I used calculators and formulas to figure out how many calories I needed to consume to lose weight healthily.

For anyone reading this, I would recommend learning about how to lose weight healthily because it is worth it. Heaven knows I've had a fair share of junk food lately, but I have not put that weight back on in a year (with the exception of a couple of slow kilos, which I am dealing with now).

My aim is now to lose the rest of the overseas weight that I started to lose. I feel that I am young and attractive and should be making the most of what I have!

You might be thinking, why don't I just do what I did last year? Well, I could, and probably will soon enough. The thing is, I have just recently started a new job and the stress or at times tedium of the job had meant I started to emotionally eat. The vending machine had become my friend, in other words. I also have had a bit of a tedious relationship/lack of relationship situation which sometimes makes me want to turn to food for comfort. The emotionally eating thing is definitely the biggest battle. I felt as though in spite of my good intentions and the good knowledge I do have about food, exercise and healthy weight loss, I wanted some boundaries and some inspiration.

For that reason, I have been doing Lite N Easy for two weeks now. Actually, one week, then one week off, then on this week again. I am really impressed with the quality of the food. I have slipped up a couple of times though, for instance yesterday I had a chocolate attack, in addition to eating the Lite N Easy. But I think so long as that doesn't become the habit, it's ok. I am doing the 1500 calorie 5 day plan. 1500 calories is the minimum amount of calories a woman should consume to lose weight safely and long term. They also have a 1200 plan. One of my friends is doing the Michelle Bridges 1200 cal plan at the moment, which made me think I should be having only 1200 cals too. The fact is though, I am already a little hungry on this plan, so I know I'd be ravenous on the 1200. I need to keep my energy levels up to work and exercise, and think! So I am sticking with the 1500.

I would like to be able to go back to just planning my own meals, but at the moment I am liking the fact that I don't have to count calories and that there is a lot of variety in my day. I may do this for a month or two. Seeing as though I have 6 kilos to lose, at .5 kilos a week, that's 12 weeks, or 3 months. A I said, I will see how it goes.

As far as exercise goes, I take my dogs for 45 minute brisk hilly walks around 3 times a week. I aim to go to a gym class 3 times a week but it usually ends up being one. Lately I have been really struggling with gym motivation. Although I want to push myself, I don't want to push myself so hard that it's not enjoyable. I just hope I can get into a groove with the exercising as I know that will help with the toning factor.

I think I have covered everything.

My weigh in day is Monday.

SW: 66.8
CW: 66.8
GW: 60.0
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waCVlBl/]
[/url]
summerloving

Return to Personal Progress