It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Summerloving

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Summerloving

Postby summerloving » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

It's been a week since my last post when I was struggling with motivation at the gym. Well I've just come home from the gym and am very excited to announce that motivation is back! It was annoying before because I was getting to the gym half an hour before my classes started and, due to the layout of this centre, I didn't actually realise I could use the gym room. So now I have time to do 20 minutes of cardio before my classes.

I wore an unfortunate (unflattering) gym outfit tonight, haha. You know those tights that are a bit on the thin side? Yeah. Shouldn't have worn those. Let little to the imagination. With three walls of floor to ceiling mirrors - well there's your motivation right there! Haha.

I am really just feeling extra keen to see what I can do with my body and to see what kind of body I can make out of it. I only have 6 kilos until my 'goal' weight so I feel like I have a nice focus of shedding extra fat and toning.

I have been getting up at 5.30 to walk with my dogs, a brisk walk for 45 minutes, which I really enjoy. I may get back into running it. I feel like the running really burns the fat.

Since the weather's improved, I've started going for a 15 minute walk during my half hour break at work. That is really just to tell the metabolism not to go to sleep.

I have only been going to one gym class a week lately, but my aim is to do three. I do a mix of combat, step, pump, power yoga and body balance. Plus now an extra 20 minutes cardio each time. I feel happy that with my different types of exercise I have a pretty well rounded approach that should be able to help me increase strength as well as tone and burn fat.

I'm doing the Lite N Easy 1500 calorie plan at the moment. I am not sure if 1500 is too much. I'm going to do a separate post about it and see what others think.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waCVlBl/]
[/url]
summerloving

Feeling a little out of it

Postby summerloving » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Unfortunately writing in a bit of a bad mood tonight, thanks to someone stupid and inconsiderate. I don't like being in a bad mood, but it can be hard to switch off when people get on your wrong side!

Anyway. I guess this stupid situation that I'm in makes me more determined to get the body I'm after. I don't really know how that works, I just know I need all the confidence I can get.

The week just gone was rocky, diet wise. Did a fair bit of exercise but my lite n easy was supplemented by chocolate pretty much daily. Possibly that time of the month, but I think my poor eating lately is definitely emotional. I have to stop those habits because they're the ones that are wrecking my plan.

I'm not doing lite n easy this week. Last year when I lost weight I did it by eating a lot of whole and healthy foods. I'm going to try do that again. I'm also going to start running rather than walking. Weight flew off last year through running. I stopped because I thought I was probably damaging my joints. But I really think running is more effective for weight loss.

Unfortunately I feel like I'm getting sick, so not sure how that's going to effect things on the exercise front this week. I'd say I'll have to walk rather than run. My friend has just recently lost 6 kg doing the Michelle Bridges challenge. Bit concerned about the rapid rate of weight loss and that some of that could be muscle, but anyway, she is looking good... apparently Michelle says that running is far superior to walking, for weight loss.

Anyway, feeling a little unwell right now so I am going to hit the hay and work on elevating my mood.

Night night.
[/url]
summerloving

Re: Feeling a little out of it

Postby mitchymitch » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:46 am

summerloving wrote:more effective for weight loss.

Unfortunately I feel like I'm getting sick, so not sure how that's going to effect things on the exercise front this week. I'd say I'll have to walk rather than run. My friend has just recently lost 6 kg doing the Michelle Bridges challenge. Bit concerned about the rapid rate of weight loss and that some of that could be muscle, but anyway, she is looking good... apparently Michelle says that running is far superior to walking, for weight loss.

Theres bounds of difference between running and walking, while walking is less stressfull on your joints one ofthe little known facts of running is that it increases the denisty of your cartalidge and tendons that surround your joints which is a good thing, this is due to the increase stress that running puts on the bones and joints and the bodys amazing ability to adapt.
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Argggggh chocolate

Postby summerloving » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for that advice - good to know actually.

So I am feeling pretty hopeless at the moment. One minute I am all enthusiastic and focused and the next I'm the complete opposite. The problem at the moment is emotional eating. Have some current relationship type problems and feeling a bit down and lonely, and using food as something. It's really bad,
I know it's bad, but at the time I just don't care. I do care really though, because in the mean time I'm probably actually putting on weight and then I'll be stuck with something I don't want.

I just don't know how to get myself out of this rut at the moment.

I WANT to. I hope that will be enough, and sooner rather than later.

Am going to at least get back into the routine of my morning runs. I enjoy that, so shouldn't be hard. At least I will hopefully be evening out something... still, I want to do better than that.
[/url]
summerloving

Just went running and feel great

Postby summerloving » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi,

Last time I wrote on here I was feeling a bit lost. Well I am really happy to say I think I have found my focus.

I have given up on the Lite N Easy - it wasn't working for me. I think perhaps because it felt like a bandaid solution? Anyway, my new weigh in day is Saturday. On Saturday I was 67 which wasn't good. But I'd felt like I'd put weight on around the stomach so it had to be done.

That wasn't a nice feeling but it's made me very determined this week to get down to at least 66. I've been doing my 45 minute runs and feeling good. If I don't get the run done first thing in the morning, I do it first thing after work. I enjoy it because it makes me feel fantastic afterwards.

Only just got back from run actually. Waiting til 7.30 to eat because I read it's good to wait at least half an hour after exercising. Not sure how much good it does, but apparently you keep burning fat, so.

Anyway, I will keep coming back to update. My first goal is 64, second goal is 61.

Tata!
[/url]
summerloving

Return to Personal Progress