It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Mitch's Body For Life Challenge

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Mitch's Body For Life Challenge

Postby mitchymitch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey guys and Girls,
after reading through soem of the magnificant journals and journies other people have had i have decided to start my own.

Im doing something similar to body for life but combining it with counting calories on Fitday, a basic rundown of Body For Life exercise routine is:

3 Resistance exercise sessions a week (the techincal term for the type of exercise is progressive load or pyrimids)
and
3 20 min HIIT (High Intesnity Interval Training) cardio sessions

It suits me well as its made to lose fat while trying to preserve muscle

But this is only half the battle as i have been going to the gym for 5 or so yrs its the nutrition side which has failed me

Heres a little background on me and what i want to achieve:

I am a 23 yr old M and im 186 cms tall, i weigh 98.8 As of last monday ( 18/10/10 ) i vowed to myself i would never let myself get to 100Kgs. I have really let myself go in the last year, there have been two times in my life where i have been under 80Kgs the most recent time was just before lettign myself go, before that i was going to the gym 6 times a week and doing 6 cardio sessions a week because i was bored, since then i rarely got to the gym and did no cardio and piled on the Kegs, also ate what i wanted when i wanted, about 6 months ago i started to really notice the weight but ingored it, now it has become really noticable and for the first time in my life i am truely embarresed to wear boardies and my all my size 34 pants dont fit. This has really upset me and the final wakeup call was when i recently went on holidays to see my family and they all kept telling me how much weight i have put on, i didnt enjoy my holiday at all so its TIME TO CHANGE!

So my goals are simple:
anything under 80 is unsustainable for me which i have learn through expierence so i figure i want to be at 80 - 82, i would be happy at that weight.

So to sum up
atm i am 98.8Kgs when i started BFL with a bf% of approx 34
im goign to get down to 80 with a bf% under 15%
Its a tall order but i know ill get there

"Mitch"
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Re: Mitch's Body For Life Challenge

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Mitch, welcome to the forum! Sometimes these things are needed for a wakeup call, and it sounds like you woke up - Good for you! I like that you have a clearly defined plan, makes it much easier to monitor your progress.
Good luck with it. :)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Gordz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm

G'day Mitch, welcome to the forum
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby mitchymitch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:37 pm

hey thanks guys,
Gordz, well done on losing so much weight, your little journey has motivated me to write this(i really ahte writing but i need to be liable for what im doing)

I feel if i dont have a plan i wont do it, i envision it now. i would lose 5 or 6 kgs and say that enough and get back to my old ways. What i like about the BFL is it is very well structured and with a few modifications in the way they do the food side i suits me quite well and i feel it is def. doable although im the first to admit its goign to be difficult. While i dont want to have a complete transformation or be on the cover of any magizines or anything, i do want to show that its possible to do and maybe encourage more guys in a similar boat ( not fantasticly overweight, but could stand to lose a few Kgs) to give it a crack

"Mitch"
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby mitchymitch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm

21/10/10

CW: 95.3
BF% 30.1

Ok, im 4 days into it and i have lost ~3kgs, im actually starting to get a tad worried that i am losing too much too quickly, while im sure most of this is Water weight i want to make sure im nto over doing it.

As for my eating, that has gone really well, im averaging about 1750 cals a day (which is on the small side of what is recommend of someone of my height etc etc, they recommend i need to be eating ~2000) I am eating 6 smaller meals a day and as of yet i have only been hungry once, but overall i have not been hungry my average day so far consists of

6am - 4 Egg whites w/ 50gms turkey and a pc of multigrain bread
9am - rye wrap w/ 100gms turkey, onion and tomato with mustard seed
12pm - 100 gms chicken w/ 1/2 cup wholegrain pasta, 1 onion, beans and brocolli ( or similar veges)
3pm - another Rye Wrap
6pm - dinner ( ususally chicken with veges and pasta)
9pm - protien shake w/ 50gm low sugar ice cream and 250ml skim milk

and if i feel i need to eat something more at around 4:30 - 5 i have a teaspoon of natural peanut butter .

You can view my calorie intake and compisition here
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mitchymitch
i try to aim for a food breakdown that consists of 35% protien, 45% carbs, 20% good fats
I cant recommend enough calorie counting and tracking your food intake, it makes you less inclined to binge out if you know the whole world is going to see.

Im going to keep eating this amount for the restr of the week and reassess at weeks end weather to eat more. And im not goignt o weigh in until the end of this week, at the rate im going i might drop five bloody kilos

As for the exercise portion of the BFL program i am coping with it well, though my legs are in the hurt locker lol. I think the key to BFL is you have to push yourself to the limit EVERY time you work out, i think this because you dont do much cardio and the weight training is structured in a way that if you push yourself it can be quite taxing an i have come out sweating a few times now.

"Mitch"
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby Awaha » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 pm

yeap... the first week or 2 I drop 3kg... and after that... it was steady as she goes...

GOod luck with it... we are all in it together :D
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFgBXFf/

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~Lance Armstrong
Awaha

Postby mitchymitch » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 am

22/10/10

CW: 95.3
BF% 30.1

Just an early morning post with my goals for the day

1. Im going to get up at 6:20 this morning WITHOUT Snoozing [x]
2. Im going to get my weight session in before i leave work today and go to philip island for the weekend [ ]
3. I will eat healthy tonight when we go out for dinner tonight @ philip island[ ]
4. I going to hit a "10" (100% exertcian) at the gym today in intensity[ ]
5. Post my goals on Weightloss.com.au [x]

I feel if i have written out i am more likley to achieve them, so from now on i am going to write my goals in every day

I also had a good idea which im going to try out tonight. I printed a wallet sized laminated picture of my before pictures and put it in my wallet, and everytime i want to snack i HAVE to pull the picture out fo my wallet and look at it for 10 secs before im allowed to eat. it will take alot of will power but im willing to give it a crack

"Mitch"
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby mitchymitch » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey guys,
what a weekend, celebrated a birthday on philip island (first time i have been there) it was grouse. I managed to keep my routine up which needed me to go for a run on sat so im pretty stoked about that.

Diet wise was a bit of a let down and i did drink ALOT of sat. but overall i didnt over do it, in fact several times i turned down unhealthy food

The proof will be in the pudding when i weigh myself tomorrow ill keep you informed

"mitch
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby Gordz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:20 pm

hell yeah mitch. im a slab and a half down atm.. simple task of working it all off. simple!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby mitchymitch » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am

225/10/10

CW: 95.8
BF% 30.3

Now for my goals:

1. Keep my Fitday Program Updated
2. bust out a 10 in my legs
3. Dont Snack through the day
4. Dont have a sleep in the arvo
5. makle sure i exercise my abs today

Well i weighed myself this monday and i weight 500gms more then friday before i left. still a 3kg loss for the week which im more then happy with. im also recovering better from the weight and cardio sessions whcich is also a great thing. Im am more motivated to bring on this week then i have been for a long time and my aim is the lose at least 2kgs

wish me luck

"Mitch"
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby mitchymitch » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:44 pm

3/11/10

CW: 92.8
BF%: 28.4

Well well well, its been a while since i have updated this badboy. Im going to keep this short and sweet as i am crook as a dog (still exercising and lifting weights though.)

As for the weight side of things it appears that i have lost 6kgs in 3 week which the majority of which has been fat. While i cannot notice it my missus sure does and keeps me motivated to keep going. One thing i have notice is that craving for fatty food is subsiding with on several occasions i have resisted the urge to chow down on the fatty pizza or hamburger and chosen to eat healthy instead. Dont get me wrong, i have cheated on my meals one or two times but have not overdone it and gotten straight back on the wagon. I also have only missed one cardio session but otherwise i am handling the exercise well.

Im going to post some photos tonight for you to crituqie, im hoping to lose another 1 - 2 kgs this week

"Mitch"
Started 18/10/10
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch