It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

BelleJournee's Weightloss Journal!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

BelleJournee's Weightloss Journal!

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Well I just did an intro post, and thought I should do an actual weightloss thread for myself too :)
Currently 93kg.
Goal weight- 78kg. I'd like to lose about 1kg per week.
Current clothes size- 18
Goal size- 12 to 14.
I eat a lot of takeaway, but the smaller burgers and meal sizes usually. Trying to talk Mum into doing some food shopping with me so I can have healthy snacks on hand.
I'm currently on a medication that actually INCREASES my appetite, so the doc has also prescribed me some Duromine. Will be starting that tomorrow morning. Would suck if they just cancelled each other out and I'm taking $96 of tablets for nothing :twisted:
Got back into riding my mare yesterday, so that's my 'exercise.' I have two horses so looking after them is part of my exercise too.
Have a completely stuffed back (really shouldn't be riding, but it's good for my core muscles and sanity), so a lot of exercises are off limits.

And as some inspiration hehehe, here's an awful photo of me!!!

I want to say bye bye to the stomach and back fat mostly! Then everything else in moderation :)
BelleJournee

Re: BelleJournee's Weightloss Journal!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Welcome to the forum! My guess is if you can care for and ride a horse, your back issues should allow you to at least walk for exercise! Clean up that diet a bit, throw in a bit of exercise and you'll get there no worries. :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Welcome to the forum! My guess is if you can care for and ride a horse, your back issues should allow you to at least walk for exercise! Clean up that diet a bit, throw in a bit of exercise and you'll get there no worries. :D

Hehe you're right yes. Usually by the time I get home though I'm pretty stuffed. Once I start getting more energy back, if I'm not making progress, I'll start going for walks again :)
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Well the day isn't over yet but I'm on a roll.
Usual breakfast (don't ask, ugh). Got Chocolate from the servo, Twix bars coz they were on special so munched on them whilst I was at work. Just got home and had leftover Carbonara, about a cups worth I think. Sounds like a lot of food right? Except yesterday for lunch I had a cheese/bacon roll, a hotdog with the lot, some hot chips and a few Nacho cheese shapes. Yeaahhh. So already doing better haha.
Not sure what we're doing for dinner, but I was reading a few threads and found some great snack and meal ideas, going to talk Mum into going shopping tonight to stock up! (Yes, healthier stuff haha)
Only rode the mare for about 20 mins this morning as the weather was being odd, and didn't want to be out there if it started pouring with rain (which it didn't, just drizzled). But lots of walking catching horses, to and from the arena etc. Also went up and fed them this afternoon, feeding 5 horses does take a bit of effort hehe.
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 am

Well I was starved last night, but ate a smaller portion for dinner (sweet and sour chicken with basmati rice), and had a bowl of 'low fat' ice cream (even though its packed with sugar haha).
Today I got up earlier than normal to wash one of my horses, had brekky at about 9, still not hungry yet which is a good sign!
Going out for lunch for mums birthday, and dinner too....
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:43 am

Yesterday was the usual brekkie. Mums birthday so went out for lunch AND dinner :?
Had a caesar salad for lunch, and enchiladas with rice for dinner, plus a couple of margaritas.

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn for some unknown reason, so figured I'd go for a ride! Rode my mare for about half an hour.
Just a hash brown and OJ for brekkie.
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Hooray for junk food :shock:
Had a quarter pounder for lunch coz I had a voucher, and then Mum wanted pizza for dinner... But even though it's bad food, I'm still eating less of it.
This morning I've had leftover pizza for brekky, and will probably have a roll for lunch.
Shopping arrived yesterday, lots of yummy healthy foods for me to get into!
Weighed myself this morning and it said about 91 which is weird. Don't reckon I've 'lost' 2kg yet! Silly fluctuations.
BelleJournee

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Yum, there's nothing quite like leftover pizza for breakfast, is there. However, treat it as a challenge rather than a treat. Fight it. Bin it. It is evil.

Deliciously evil, though. *sigh* :-)
CronicBadger

Postby BelleJournee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Haha I yelled at Mum last time she threw a perfectly good slice out!
Thing is, I used to work for Pizza Haven and could scoff an entire pizza down, no dramas. And then some, usually. That was about 5 years ago.
Recently I can still get through 6 slices, usually 4 at mealtime and 1 or 2 later in the evening.
And even leftover for brekky- 2-4 slices.
Last night it was 4, this morning just two.

And yes.... Deliciously evil :twisted:
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:54 pm

GAH! Coming out in huge pimples.... must be all the water. Can only be good right?
BelleJournee

Postby brendan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Funny you mention about the pimples - just over a week ago I had a couple on my face, and I hadn't had a pimple for over 20 years. I put it down to a change in diet or, like you, having more water than I'm used to. Either that or I am regaining my pimply youth :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby BelleJournee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 pm

I was never particularly pimply thank goodness. :D
Well weighed myself this morning, down to 90. Could just be fluctuations though.
Eating much better, I joined Calorie King and have been entering in what I eat and what exercise I am doing.
I usually have 'calories to spare' at the end of the day, but go over the carbo and fat limits for the day! Carbs more than fats, I will admit I love my breads and pasta.
Went for another early morning ride today, did about an hours worth of riding. I wish CK had horse riding as an exercise coz I don't know what it would be equivalent to, I just choose walking @ 3km/h at the moment!
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Just compared the calories burned to an iPhone app I had and have that sorted :) 'General' horse riding is equivalent to walking @ 6km/h.
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Arrgh why does weight have to fluctuate so much?!
Still, had a really good ride on Belle this morning, had to lots of core muscle exercises which is good.
Eating very well, just ordered another lot of shopping. Starting to enjoy eating healthy- yoghurts, apples, watermelon, muesli bars etc.
BelleJournee

Postby BelleJournee » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Eeep, did a bad and had McDonalds for lunch today. mind you it's the first lot of junk food I've had since I started on Duromine.
Far out did it screw up my day LOL. I can almost feel Calorie King tut-tutting at me!!!
Did go for two horse rides though and was quite busy today so hopefully I'll break even!
Made a pledge to NOT weigh myself today because I felt I was getting hung up on those digits.
I hope it doesn't take too long to notice some change though, either in weight loss or clothes feeling bigger etc, coz my motivation and attention span have very small limits!!
BelleJournee

Next

Return to Personal Progress