It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Weight Loss Diary!!!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sarah's Weight Loss Diary!!!!

Postby autumns_mummy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm

18/11/2010 - Thursday - 11.08am

Ok, so I've decided to really get serious about this! I'm sick of being a fat lump of lard! I really have no self esteem left. My full story is in introductions, so I won't repeat it here.

Anyway, started on Monday (15/11) at 83.5kg and a BMI of about 31 apparently.

I started doing shakes. They're (at the moment) Musashi (generally a body builder shake, but I'm using as a meal replacement as they have the least sugar). I have a shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and healthy meal (normally grilled meat with salad or something) for dinner. I've only today started really having snacks in between. So I'll start this diary from today :)

WEIGHT: 82.7KG
HEIGHT: 165CM
BMI: 30 (OVERWEIGHT - http://www.mydr.com.au/tools/bodymass)

Breakfast: I had my shake... it's meant to be made with skim milk, but I have it of a morning with 99% fat free soy milk.
Snack: 2 x 100% natural vita-wheat crackers with 1/4 avocado on top.
Lunch: Shake with water this time.
Snack: Salad - lettuce, baby tomato, beetroot, capsicum, mushroom & low fat cottage cheese as a topping.
Dinner: some form of grilled meat probably with salad or healthy roast veges (from the Tony Ferguson website).

WISH ME LUCK!!!
autumns_mummy

Re: Sarah's Weight Loss Diary!!!!

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum. I'd wish you good luck, but really luck doesn't have anything to do with it, you will get there by your own efforts :D But having said that, I do wish you success in achieving your target.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby autumns_mummy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Monday 22/11/2010 12.33pm

87.7kg - BMI (whatever it was last time).

ALL WEEKEND I didn't lose a thing. Although I had an 18th on Saturday night I still ate so healthily the whole stupid weekend, (minus having indian for lunch on Sunday) and nothing has come of it.

I'm about to give up. I'm on the censored brink of just saying "SCREW IT" and eating whatever the hell I want. I'm sick of this! I'm sick of starving myself for a measly censored 800 grams. I'd rather die! I would rather not live (I'd be thin if I was a skeleton) than deal with this stupid bullshit anymore.

As you can see I'm having a bad day. This week I've decided I'm doing nothing but shakes and 1/4 of a regular dinner serve. So far I've had my 2 shakes for the day. Don't know what dinner is yet. Maybe I'll just have another shake.
autumns_mummy

Postby autumns_mummy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm

82.7, not 87.7.
autumns_mummy

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Congratulations Sarah, 800 Gm is pretty good for just a week, and is at the upper range for healthy weight loss.

Don't get too disheartened by the numbers though. Bathroom scales cannot be trusted for measuring changes in weight over days or even a few weeks. The measurements are rendered useless due to the natural variation of body mass that occurs on a daily basis.

Water retention, food bulk, muscle growth, etc., will have an impact. In fact, having an extra glass of water will HIDE a few hundred grammes of lost fat. And even if the scales show a loss over a weekend it is not certain it is actually a loss and not a gain.

Scales are more useful for checking averages and confirming trends over a longer period of time.

Put more trust in yourself - you can be more certain that your diet is putting your body into an energy deficit so that it "burns" fat, you can be certain that your regular exercise is developing and toning your muscles, and you can be certain that all this effort is making you feel better and and your clothes fit looser. These things are far more certain than just a few hundred grammes here or there.
CronicBadger

Return to Personal Progress