It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Andrew's Progress!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Andrew's Progress!

Postby Solly » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi guys I'm new to the site. Well I just completed my final year of uni and decided to start working out again. I've worked out on and off over the last 3 years, hopefully i can get get rid of my extra weight once and for all. My final year was very cruel to me, gaining around 10 kgs from what i was around 6 months ago. I'm unsure how much weight i exactly want to lose, as i do love the gym and build muscle relatively quick (as we know muscle weighs more than fat). So as long as I feel that I've achieved that optimal physique ill discontinue and go on to maintaining the weight.

ATM i do about 1 hr of weight lifting and then 30 mins of cardio, ideally I'd like to do my cardio in the morning and the weight lifting in the afternoon. However, don't think my body is up for it ATM.

I drink roughly 2-3 L of water a day and sometimes Waterfords diet drink when im over the water.

Current Weight: 85kg (already lost about 1.5 kg)
Goal weight: 70-73 kg (based on results from last year when i tried to cut down i got down to 75 and felt i still had a couple kg's to go, so i think it would be within this range)
Height: 173 cm

Anyway this is what I've eaten today and is basically what I'll be eating for the next month before i update.

Breakfast:
- 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white
- 2 slices of ham (97% free)
- 1 slice of wholemeal toast
- Green tea

Gym:
- NO explode (pre-workout drink) --> around 30 calories off the top of my head
- Weight lifting - Back
- Cardio- 15 mins (usually i go for atleast 30 but im having some issues with my ankle atm, to make up for this kicked the footy around in the backyard)

Lunch:
- Tuna (200g) with assorted lettuce/spinach

Dinner:
- 180g Porterhouse Steak
- Assorted lettuce/spinach/cucumber
- lollipop
- green tea

Late Snack:
- 200g yoghurt
- piece of fruit
Solly

Re: Andrew's Progress!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Welcome to the forum Andrew! Good luck, looks like you've got a good plan.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Solly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Just a quick update, I had a 2 day break with mates which put me behind and i gained about 1 kg. But im now sitting at 84.4kg with a strict diet and working out. Couldn't hit the gym today but I went paintball with mates and that was a real workout and got some good cardio under my belt so im happy.
Solly

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Paintball is an awesome way to workout and it's a lot of fun too.
Best of luck with everything!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Solly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:32 pm

weighed in at 83.8 today which im happy with, I've realised ive been consuming far too much water (>4L) which is causing alot of issues with my body. Trying to get that under control now.
Solly

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Solly wrote:I've realised ive been consuming far too much water (>4L) which is causing alot of issues with my body. Trying to get that under control now.

I hear you with that one :oops: Me too :oops:
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby pamze » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Good luck Andrew! Great to see your commitment and plans towards achieving your goal weight.
All the best
pamze

Postby Solly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:24 am

Weighed in at 82.9 today, thinking less and less about junk food everyday which is good. I'm also starting to gain some lean muscle mass so thats keeping me motivated everyday.Can't wait to be under 80.
Solly

Postby Solly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:00 am

82.7 today, starting to notice a difference in the way my body looks. Yesterday I struggled to contain cravings and just felt hungry all day but i got through it. I'm hoping to cut down on weighing myself every day, I think this week ill try tone it down to twice for the week.
Solly

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

Keep it up, you're doing well. Congratulations on not giving into the cravings :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Solly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 am

This is my first negative post, I basically haven't lost any weight for 4 days even though ive been eating 100% perfect and working out just as hard. Doesn't make much sense. I've never plateaued before, so im not sure why its happening now. I don't think i could be gaining that much muscle that fast. Anyway ive decided to try doing some cardio in the morning and then weight training in the afternoon. Just to recap my weight is 82.9.
Solly

Return to Personal Progress