It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am

Free Newsletter

2bhealthy

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:27 am

Well Day 4, and I have decided to start up a food/progress diary . . more to monitor myself and my feelings than anything else.

Firstly for those that are reading this, I am 37 and 95.3 kgs . Being only 167cm tall that is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination. I have developed health issues which my naturalpath has advised is the reason for my weight gain. More so in the last 6 months, where I have piled it on without changing much of my life. I work nights 3 times a week, so the change of sleep to days and nights and meals get swapped around, so this does not help.

I have been given guideline foods that I should take, and others I need to avoid. It is fairly restrictive, but for the time being it is recommended. Also I am on the Metagenics Weightloss plan. I like the idea of the different supplements that target my "need" areas of my diet. But the tablets that are a bit hard to cope with. My Immune System is shot, so I am on what the call Immune Support and Liver Support. Underlying Kidney problems also provide a bit of a challenge.

Being Day 4, I am still having a few detox symptoms . .. . the headache that just seem to not want to go away is the annoying one. I do feel my energy levels are rising thou, which is great , as I have spent the last 6 months being so tired.

The last few days have consisted of mainly fish and Veggies or fish and Salad. I used the Rice Pattie recipe in the Metagenics book and that is quite nice. Breaky is always a shake. As mornings I am faced with 7 tablets, a shake is all I can stomach. Even days like today, it was a struggle getting that down. I am in a 25 year habit of just coffee for breaky, so I know that this is going to take some time to overcome.

Snack is a Metagenics Caramal Bar. Not overly a sweet person, and I am glad it is only 1/2 a bar at snack times. I can also have a 1/2 cup of Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds and Almonds or an Egg. But eggs are limited to 2 a week :( and I so love my eggs, but I have to keep my mind on the goal of health.

My first check-in is set at 2 weeks after I start. The doc does not call them weigh-in's as he does not want me to weigh myself at all during the two weeks. But I do have to manually diary my food, excersiss amounts, and I have to comment on how I feel - eg sick etc, then there is a section for emotional rating 1-10 . He wants me to do this to monitor my depression levels. Not that I feel depressed (mother of 3 kids - who has time to be depressed!!) but he says all weightloss comes with depression levels as the body re-adjusts to the changes etc.

So here we go -

DAY 4

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDzvOPA/]
[/url]
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Re: 2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 am

Day 5

Well woke up with no headache - big plus that one !!! Maybe detox is finally on the finishing stretches?
But to bring a downer on my day - today was the first day of using the Ketostix. Only to find a negative result. :cry: Meaning no fat lost. I am still holding to the hope that I have lost some weight, and I knew I would get to the point where I want to hop onto the scales, so now I am glad I threw them out 5 days ago. I am trying to keep positive that on my first check-in there will be some progress. I am using the calorie king website, which I am finding great and easy, so I know I am eating within my doctors advised range of calories. I love that I can just select what I ate and it adds it all up for me :D

One thing I am finding is that today I am hungry after my breaky shake, which in the last few days I have not been. So I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad. I am looking forward to my apple at snack time at least. Where as yesterday, I was struggling with the "full" feeling at breakfast. Weird :shock: .

I have always drunk a lot of water to start with, but I am trying to be conscience and drink under 3 litres that Dr recommended. Come Summer, I am going to really struggle with that one :(

Emotionally I feel a bit down in the dumps, but I think that is cause of my little moment with the Ketostix. Hopefully it will pick up through out the day

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDzvOPA/]
[/url]

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm sure you'll see some great results when you go for your first check in. It sometimes takes a while to see results, but stay determined. As long as you're doing the right thing and trying your best, you won't put on weight :) A good way to see how you're going without weighing in is to use your clothing as a guide. You'll probably start to notice that some things are fitting a little better or that you're getting into things you never used to be able to wear. Keep at it :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks Miss Viva,

:D in a better frame of mood now than this morning. Hubby told me to "suck it up princess" (god love that man :D ) , and reminded me that my energy levels are great compared to normal, and I need to not just focus on one thing. The Ketostix is not the wand of wisdom and I could have lost water weight rather than fat weight (as the stick only measures fat loss apparently).

So I took his advise and sucked it up :D , plus went for a nice walk to as well, just to lift the spirits a little

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Good for you! I'm glad you're feeling better about everything now. Just keep focusing on how you feel, and eventually you'll see the numbers start to move too :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Frump » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Your hubby sounds like a good fella to keep around :P

Those ketostix only show 'fat' your body hasn't utilised (simplified explanation there)...so they aren't always the greatest indicator of whether you are in ketosis or not. I always find that feeling thirstier is my best way of knowing......but after 9 months of low carbing now, I don't bother with them anymore.

Why do you have to drink LESS water? Did the doc suggest you may be drinking TOO much and flushing out vitamins/minerals? Can imagine it'll be a hard ask..given we are coming into summer AND ketosis!

Hope you are having a good day..cheers
"Victory belongs to the most persevering"
Napoleon
Frump

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 am

Frump wrote:.

Why do you have to drink LESS water? Did the doc suggest you may be drinking TOO much and flushing out vitamins/minerals? Can imagine it'll be a hard ask..given we are coming into summer AND ketosis!

Yes, drinking too much. I have always been a big water drinker, is not uncommon for me to drink 5+ liters a day, and currently , with other health issues, my heart is overworked, so causing some dramas. The less water in your system is easier on the heart. I am currently not digesting food well, well when I say "currently", I should say I currently found out that I am not, but would have had this problem for years. I am now on medications to try and fix this issue. Most people struggle to get the 2 litres recommended a day, I am struggling to stay at under 3 litres. For years I have kept a cup by my bathroom sink and everytime I went to the bathroom, I would have a glass of tap water. Plus my water bottle that I always have on my desk. Adds up quickly if you consider how many times you run off to the bathroom during the day :D

And yes, :( , I am not looking forward to Summer. He has recommended to me to freeze my water bottle, so that I can only get out little bits at a time :( Hard habit to break

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Day 6
Missed day 5 posting, busy out and about. which was hard .. out with friends for lunch, and where do they pick - Hogs Breath - Yay !! NOT :x but I viewed the menu well and got a light version of steak and salad, no fries, no cheese sauce and all the yummies that they entice you with. Ate my salad first then the steak, which I couldn't get thru. Drunk 2 glasses of water as well. Was happy with my choices. :)

Decided to go light on dinner, and just made myself up a cup of Brown rice mixed with Veggies for dinner. Still under the calorie count for the day.

Lunch out Today was a little easier . . sushi :D Except I minus the soy sauce.
Energy levels are great, did a walk of the shopping center in the afternoon with the teenager, and if you have ever followed one of those around it can be quite a work out :lol: back and forth deciding on what she can fit her poor little 16 year old size 4 body into. :roll: Although I shouldn't pick on her, she is petite and has the same trouble shopping in "normal" sized shops as I do, they just all fall off her :(

Thinking of going a simple steamed fish on bed of brown rice tonight. . .
It is pouring rain here (Brissy) and the weather is making me thing of yummy roasts and breads and gravy for dinner, but I have broken that thought with a good talking to in the Mirror . .. Food is not my friend at the moment and I need to remind myself that my taste buds do not always know what is good for me :D

Check in day in 5 days - first one (one every 2 weeks) so far looking forward to the results, more to see if I am on the right track, not so much with the weight as I am expecting to loose something even if just a little, but more with the results on my iron levels, blood oxygen levels etc.

More Tomorrow :D

2bhealthy

Postby Frump » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 am

Brown rice is my find of the year! Love the stuff...just bloomin' sad I've been low carbing most of this year and haven't been able to indulge much!

MMMMMM, Hogs Breath...nice food but pricey. Have you guys got Sizzlers over there? That's a good place to go as well. I'm planning a roast tonight actually...but without spuds, and minimal carrots and gravy, so should be ok. Lots of broccoli, cauli, beans etc. Maybe a smidgeon of roast butternut...only cos its sooooo yummy :mrgreen:

On the water issue...I love my water too, never had a problem keeping levels up (well..maybe a little in winter). Don't think I drink as much as you tho. Seems strange to me..if your body is asking for it must be so so hard not to give in..not to mention hard to find the middle ground in summer..you run a serious risk of dehydrating yourself.

Anyways...good luck with that weigh-in next week..will be eagerly awaiting the results :)
"Victory belongs to the most persevering"
Napoleon
Frump

Postby brendan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:46 pm

I remember going to Sizzlers. If they are still around I will stay well clear of them - I think it was something like $10 for all you can eat - and I certainly made sure I got my money's worth :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby 2bhealthy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm

brendan wrote:I remember going to Sizzlers. If they are still around I will stay well clear of them -

Yes, they are still around, we have one 7 minutes drive away. And yes, very dangerous for me, I am not that self disciplined - YET :D

I know myself well enough to know that I will make a "deal" with myself that if I do an extra 15 minutes on the treddy that I can have . . . . .

As I said, I am not disciplined enough yet. But it is only early days yet. Coming up to the silly season, if I can just make it thru I will be very happy. I have told all my friends that I need to change my eating plans, for my health more than anything, and they are fully on board so are trying to stick to places for lunch that I can find a meal without feeling like an outcast. I do have to laugh thou :lol: , they all ordered wine with lunch which is normal, and they got an extra wine glass so I could put my water in it . . I truly felt like I was having a wine (well, as much as you can without missing the taste :) )

In regards to water
I'm Not so sure Frump if it is my body asking for it , or more that I just enjoy the refreshing taste of water. :? I think it is more the latter, plus the habit of playing a lot of sport when I was younger for which I never really lost that habit. I have been taking Doc's advise and freezing my water bottle. Which is working for two reasons - 1 I can't get too much out and one time , and second I hate freezing cold water - much prefer room temp. I think that is why I drink so much of it, you tend to sip cold rather than guzzell

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Day 8

Well, I couldn't help myself :oops: , I went out and brought a set of scales . . . even thou the Doc didn't recommend it . . . . I just couldn't help myself . . :oops: But in my defence - :D I was egged on my hubby who wanted to know what he was. He has been watching me input my Cal's/Exercise in the Calorie King website, and he has started too. Not that he is watching his weight, it is just more curiosity on his behalf. Knowing him, it will only last a week then he will be bored with the whole Idea :lol:

But I have lost 400g. Sounds like a little, but it is a little in the right direction :D . . mind you, I am hoping it is more, and I plan on weighing myself in the morning, that was just the reading when I got home from shopping this morning :D . . fingers Crossed.

Doing ok emotionally this morning, although My husband and teenager tell me I am being a grump, but I am convinced it is just because they are here and normally are NOT !!! :D He is on holidays and the teenager has finished school for the year. . . Normally I have my days to myself (when I am not working) to just hang with the Puppy and Cat . . . but not today :(

Took a whirl on hubby's gym equipment today . . we have a whole Gym set up downstairs , so I really have had no excuse in the past not to use the equipment apart from pure laziness on my behalf . .
I have been hitting the treddy everyday, but today decided to add some weight training . . only 15 minutes worth, but it is a small start. The more my energy comes back the more I feel capable of doing. This is why I was not depressed by the small amount of weight lost, as what I have gained in energy if far more important to me at this stage . . .

Am keeping my water under 3 L which is good, and that is getting easier too :D

All things considered - I am having a good day

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm glad you're having a good day so far and congratulations on the 400gm loss! I'm sure it will be even greater tomorrow when you weigh yourself first thing in the morning before eating breakfast/lunch :)

It's really nice that your husband has taken an interest in losing weight too, that should help make it easier for you to stick to your own weightloss goals, without him tempting you with "forbidden" foods!

Keep it up!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby 2bhealthy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 am

Day 9

Well success this morning . .down to 92kg :D
I have forgone the sticks in the morning, as they keep registering a 0 on the scale, and I am finding that frustrating . . . something I don't need at the moment.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge for me - Hubbies Xmas party. I am going to take my bottle of water and my own snacks. It is an outdoor event (mind you with all this rain it very may have to be cancelled) but it is for all families of the company. With heaps of rides for the kids etc. But the food (which is all free) is from Food Vans, like they set up at the shows, with hotdogs, chips , burgers etc ..
Bests if I take my own food I think, and go for a walk when the kids are eating their stuff.

So heres to the start of Day 9 . . off to waddle my way along a tredmill :D
Hope everyone else has a great day :D

2bhealthy

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:54 am

Taking your own food sounds like a good plan. I hope you have a great time at the party :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Next

Return to Personal Progress