It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

2bhealthy

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: 2bhealthy

Postby Frump » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:59 pm

whooohoooo, isn't that over 3 kilos gone? Excellent results!

If you DO give in to the cravings tomorrow, just try opting for the healthier options. Take the burger but throw the bun (no doubt processed white poison ick). If you give in to the chips..have no more than 5, unsalted..usually they smell way better than they taste anyways...ESPECIALLY without salt. Forget the hot dog...truth be known sucking on the bottle of tomato sauce would probably be a healthier choice :shock: :mrgreen:

Have a great weekend, and again, well done!
"Victory belongs to the most persevering"
Napoleon
Frump

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Day 11 - Doctor Check Day

Well a little mixed emotions about today.
(yesterday was easy - it was rained out, so canceled) Phew :-)

Weight today was 93kg. . . . less than what I was hoping for, but I have gained more muscle and lost more fat, as as Muscle is heavier than fat , it is an ok result. He wasn't doing kartwheels at my results and figures I should have lost more, so went thru my food diary with a fine tooth comb. Removing somethings .. . . He was happy about my water levels being under control as this has eased of the strain on my heart a fraction. It will be less strained with more weight-loss obviously, but having so much water in my system and the weight I was (well still am :oops: ) in the high risk category of a stroke :cry: . At 37 it is not the news you want to hear, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am hoping with the removal of some of these foods the nausea that I have had for two weeks will go away. Fingers Crossed. At first he thought it may of been my blood sugar levels, but after tests it turns out that they are fine. Plus, I am usually on the verge of throwing up about half hour after I eat. And even then, only on some days :?

All very annoying and confusing for my brain to comprehend some days.

But on a lighter note the road to being healthy is still going, maybe not going strong, but going none the same :D

Now I'm off to nibble on a celery stick , hope everyone is having a great day :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Having a bit of a struggle today. With the limitation on my food (currently - not forever) I am soooooo over eating the same thing. :( I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only for a few weeks. By the new year, I should just be able to eat healthy and not be so restrictive on what I can or can't put in my mouth.
My Spirits are down, but I think a good "chill out" day on the couch is called for. I went for a walk this morning when I wanted to go to the fridge, so I am proud of that. I have always been an emotional eater, and I know this is going to be my hardest habit to break

2bhealthy

Postby brendan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Find something that you are really passionate about and throw yourself into it. It will lift your spirits (as long it is not food :lol: )
If you have any positive thinking books they could be worth a read at times like this.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby 2bhealthy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Back on track emotionally this morning :D
Had my shower last night and stood at the mirror and gave myself a good talking too :D , works for the kids , and it worked for me too :lol:

I took some measurements today and was a little stunned :shock: , I had lost 7 cms from my butt . . Woot Woot !!! I danced around the living room I can tell you !! Which burned some more calories so a double plus :lol:

These tablets the nattyPatty gave me are well and truly kicked in. Two weeks ago I could barely drag myself to work , now I am flying around the place :D .
I am kicking myself that I didn't go and see him about this years ago.

Breaky was a super yummy omlette and lunch was a Mediterranean veggie stack with Tofu :D
I just had to get over the idea of my limitations and find new ways not to limited. So I spent some hours surfing the net last night (sadly not so many calories burnt with that type of surfing :lol: ) and found some new recipes that I can change .. . .

Onward and Downward :D

2bhealthy

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Gkad you're on top of the emotions again!
You're dong great. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm

*doing
lol
Metalcharm

Postby 2bhealthy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Another hurdle today . . . always is when you eat out. Had to go and get my car fixed, and what turned from a simple hour wait took several hours more instead :(
Bad part about this was I was sooooooo hungry!! By the 3rd hour sitting there my tummy was in full grumbles and people were looking at me :oops: . Of course the only option they had was a snack machine so I asked where the nearest shop is.
I was told there were several cafe's up the street, so off I went for a walk. After walking past quite a few take-away stores I did find a cafe, or what I thought was one - inside was basically a take-away store, it was just prettied up on the outside.

Took me ages to go thru what was on the menu board, with a lady just standing at the counter glaring at me cause I was taking too long. But I was trying to work out my best option. I even said to her I was still deciding and would call her if she had something else to do. But her quick reply - "I'm not allowed to leave the counter if customers are here".

The menu board held nothing of help to me, but I did notice the basic salads that they use for Sandwiches etc , so asked if they do a salad. Simple Answer - NO :shock: . I then asked would it be too much trouble if I could just have a plate and she can charge me what she thought was fair. Simple Answer again - NO :shock:

My complete shock came when I asked why?, she told me that the cash register has all the items on it, and she can't just add things. . what type of world are we living in now that people don't even need to add up anymore?? . So I ordered a salad sandwich, minus the things I can't have, and without butter. At least this way I could throw the bread away (not allowed Breads at the moment) and just eat the salad that was inside. Beats me why she just could have put the stuff on a plate and kept the bread, as I felt bad about wasting it.

What happened to a world where thing were so much easier.
Support is great when your home comfortable with your healthy foods around you, but I am shocked at how hard it is to eat healthy if you don't have a shopping center near by. Learnt my lesson thou - I threw a shake packet into my handbag when I got home, at least then if I ever get stuck again, I only have to try and find a bottle of water !

In a country where many of our waistlines are expanding rapidly, I really have go question is it me who is to blame for my weight problems or the environment that I live in . . sadly I thing it is a bit of both!

Anyways, these experiences are meant to try us, and I am proud of myself that I at least did not submit to the temptation in front of me.

Found a new way to have my shake this morning, which sort of turned it into a moose. (yes I know I am going tricking myself that it is moose, but hey :lol: )
I mixed up a tablespoon of ground up psyllium husks and only put in 3/4 of the amount of water I normally do for my shake, then shook it all up, put it in a bowl and in the fridge. 5 minutes later I had was seemed like a choc moose :D Was a nice change for breaky :D

May have to swing my shake to dinner sometimes , that way I can feel like I'm having desert too :D

Anyways, off for a walk on the treddy :D
Hope everyone is having a great day

2bhealthy

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Good on you for avoiding the temptation!
Heaven forbid that anyone use their initiative and get you a salad on a plate. My Mum is coeliac and can't have breads and I know there are some places .. like McDonald's for one, that she can take her own bread and have a burger made on it.

And it's mousse not moose .. it's making me giggle thinking of you having moose for breakfast ;)
Metalcharm

Postby 2bhealthy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Metalcharm wrote:
And it's mousse not moose .. it's making me giggle thinking of you having moose for breakfast ;)

Ahhh :lol: , I look at the mirror and wonder where my weight has gone from, as I look the same, OBVIOUSLY it dropped from my Brain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well , down to 91.8 today , progress - slow but effective. My blood pressure was down a bit more today also which is a huge plus :D . Feeling a bit "off" today, but the colds etc are going around work, so I am hoping that I am not coming down with something. Naturopath has me on Immune helping tablets - they are high in andrographis which is meant to help boost the immune system and reduce symptom of viruses etc, so will pop a few of those over the next few days and hopefully will stay cold free.

Got told yesterday from a guy at work that "My Gut is disappearing" :shock: , Nice to hear that others are noticing changes that I don't see, but a simple "You're looking healthier" would have been better :lol: . . . . Now when I get the comment that my Butt looks smaller I might be a bit more thrilled :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day :D

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am

Weightloss has slowed right down, but it is still going down at least. But I have been sick the last few days, so I am "assuming" that this is the reason why, or at least hoping .
I have completely lost my appetite and the idea of eating at the moment just sickens me to my stomach. I am trying to at least stick with soups and shakes as I don't want to slip below 900 cal. I have a past history of not eating well and very often missing meals without a second thought, and have been told that this is most likely the reason why I have put on the weight, not so much what I have been eating, as I have never really been a junk-food binge person, more of - it would not be unusual for me to eat a big lunch but miss Breakfast and Dinner . . basically been putting my body into starvation mode. Which I had a bit of a giggle to myself - that I look far from starving.

I have not been on the treddy as I just can't find the strength or motivation.

Oh Well, things will pick up again soon I hope :-)

2bhealthy

Postby brendan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi 2B

I've got a similar problem at the moment. My weight loss seems to have almost ground to a halt. I haven't been doing anything different - the only thing I can think of that might be affecting it is my sleeping problem. I go to bed 10-11pm have no trouble getting off to sleep, but then wake at about 3am and can't get back to sleep. I just lie there watching the clock, or like this morning I put on a relaxation tape which put me into a relaxed state which I stayed in until I got up at 5am. It's really annoying and I am starting to get tired about 4pm. :roll:

It's being going on for months now, but I think it might be getting worse. Grrrr!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby 2bhealthy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

I hope my sleep does not get affected . . . I don't get enough now !! My NP but me on some sleep stuff months and months ago that you take an hour before you go to bed, and the idea is that it relaxes all your muscles so you go into a deeper sleep sooner, so even if I can only manage 5 hours at least I will get 5 good hours. I've always been a bad sleeper who tosses and turns around the place. He tells me that the "average" person only needs 6 good hours sleep a night, but each person will differ on how much sleep they get due to how long it takes them to reach "good sleep". I'm also sadly a light sleeper, (I blame that on the kids - never used to be before them) , and I find it keeps me asleep now. But if your going to bed at 11 your only getting 4 hours to start with :shock: , no wonder your flaked by 4pm

If it has been going on for months it might be time to go and see about it . . . the body needs to sleep :!:

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:32 am

:( Up a little today :(
Back up too 92 kgs.

Hope it is must a small influx and nothing to lead to a pattern. I did just go over (I mean JUST) go over my allocated calories on Tuesday, but my fat content was right down, so I was not too concerned.

Well I better do another 10 minutes on the Treddy today . . . fingers crossed that will bring down my figures again. I don't really mind how much they go down by - as long as they go down.

Starting to feel the social stresses of the season affecting me - all these yummy food functions with NO NO foods. I have been trying to eat lots of salad before I go, and take my water bottle with me . . .
Bring on Santa , so we call all stop celebrating him coming :D

2bhealthy

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Well happy to say that I am prepared for the silly season, or in my case normally the "Piggy Out" season, then I am usually left to feel bad about it a week later.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR !!

This year I have taken control of myself, and my habits. Christmas is at my place this year, so the rellies are just going to have a healthy Christmas too. There will be salads and fish on the barbie, Not a lolly in sight, and lots of healthy snack munchies. Been hunting up recipes for healthy Xmas ideas and Skinny dips for entertainers also. Also some super interesting salads with some great mixes of fruit Veg and Salad . . . super excited to try a Mango and Avocado one that I found this morning.

Down to 89.9 on the scales this morning :D Just under the 90, but under none the same . STOKED !!!
It was great timing too, as I was so happy to break the 90 that I am going to use those happy feelings I had this morning as a reminder over Christmas that I want that feeling again when I hit 85 :D

2bhealthy

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress