It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 am

Free Newsletter

äirlys journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: äirlys journey

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Eating when boredom is often a danger. Linking the idea of exercising when at a "loose end" is a great thing to do. Try increasing your exercise as you get more fit. This will counter that extra little intake of food and make muscle that will give you long term results. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby äirly » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Havent been on here much lately, however I have been plugging away out here in the real world and am down to 70kgs
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:54 am

Glad to hear that you are keeping it together. :D

Congratulations on your successful hard work. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 am

Hey all, well since mid march I've only lost another .5kg :( I know, still better than gaining. I haven't been logging my food and watching what I eat, so no pain no gain. Started again this morning (keeping a food diary on calorie king website) and decided to set myself a challenge to stay motivated and being accountable until winter - so about 7 weeks from now. Was thinking of going on Lite n Easy again since I have been successful in the past losing weight quickly on their program but the cost puts me off.
äirly

Postby DD Diva » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:36 am

äirly wrote:Hey all, well since mid march I've only lost another .5kg :( I know, still better than gaining. I haven't been logging my food and watching what I eat, so no pain no gain. Started again this morning (keeping a food diary on calorie king website) and decided to set myself a challenge to stay motivated and being accountable until winter - so about 7 weeks from now. Was thinking of going on Lite n Easy again since I have been successful in the past losing weight quickly on their program but the cost puts me off.

Better .5kg down than .5kg up right? So pat yourself on the back, it's a respectable loss! :)
As for L&E you know it's really not that hard to create similar (if not better) calorie controlled meals these days by just looking online for healthy recipes. Don't get me wrong, I think L&E is great but I've created some fantastic dishes at home after a little research online and it's cost me a heck of a lot less, AND I used the money saved to buy new (smaller) clothes!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:58 pm

A loss is always better than a gain (unless it is muscle gain!). :D

On our journeys what often happens is that we lose focus and drift. Always keep an eye on the essentials. Has my portion sized unconsciously increased? Am I consuming more snacks than I should - and just fuelling my exercise? Has my fitness increased but my exercise remained the same - should I challenge and push my body more? These are useful questions to check-list yourself against.

Keep it going! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:02 pm

I've spent a lot of time hovering at 68-69 in the past and while that's ok (coming down from my HW of 80+) I really want to crack the mid 60's this time around.

I know what you mean DD, last time I did LnE i would think, "this is just a microwave meal, I could buy one at woollies for -$3", or "this breakfast costs $- and it's only weetbix" and I do feel that I could do better at home. I DO do well when I weigh my portion sizes and cook healthy. But it's the ease that lures me, just having to control my cravings and eat what they give me and it's done, guaranteed loss in 7 days ;) I lost a few kgs on it for the short time I tried it a few years ago (I was heavier than though and I suppose the weight came off easier - this 69kgs has been hanging around for far too long now!)

Anyway, I've signed up for a delivery next week, both me and the bf (he doesn't need to lose weight but I thought it would be nice to both be on it - plus looking forward to no dishes yeah!)
äirly

Postby äirly » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Blitz wrote:A loss is always better than a gain (unless it is muscle gain!). :D

On our journeys what often happens is that we lose focus and drift. Always keep an eye on the essentials. Has my portion sized unconsciously increased? Am I consuming more snacks than I should - and just fuelling my exercise? Has my fitness increased but my exercise remained the same - should I challenge and push my body more? These are useful questions to check-list yourself against.

Keep it going! 8)

Kim

This is exactly what I do! I tend to lose for a few weeks, then I get complacent/bored and I get off the bandwagon. I don't lose it completely - I usually just sit at the new weight until I get inspired to start losing again. Which is ok, but this time I really want to stick with it for a bit longer. As I posted above, I've been 'stuck' at 68-69 in the past, and I would love to see 66-67 for a change. (Or lower).
äirly

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:02 am

" it's the ease that lures me" that's why it's called "Lite n ..." :lol:
I worry that the "Lite" refers to the fact they "Lighten" your pocket! :shock: :lol:

It is very easy to slip into routine. That last bit of my weight loss was like that. It was comfortable and I had enough of always hustling for those last few kilos. Finally I got tired of my complacency and just knuckled down to it. I achieved goal in less than two weeks after two months of half hearted effort.

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am

I think for me at least, I feel so much better having lost some weight that I lose that motivating factor, at least for awhile. I remember being 74-75 kgs a few years ago and I felt pretty damn good (coming down from about 82kgs) whereas I was about 74kg after having a baby and felt awful at that weight then.

I had a few hiccups over Easter which I'm not pleased about, but is avoided a real binge so I guess that's something. Down to 69.3kgs today, so a minor loss, but I feel pretty good.took my measurements this morning (it's only taken me 2 months to get around to it!) and compared to October last year (when I started to get interested in losing weight again) it looks likethingsaregoing great.

In 6 months:

Today 69.3kgs (down 4.5kgs)
Bust 99.5cm (down 4.5cm)
Waist 76cm (down 10cm)
Hips 96cm (down 11 cm)

And I realise 6 months is a long time and many other people can and do lose at a much more commendable rate! But when I think I was there, and COULD still be there but I'm NOT, I give myself a big pat on back :) I even hunted down a few of my size 10 pre preg clothes and they actually fit (albeit too tight and showy to actually wear outside of the houser :lol: )
äirly

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 pm

That's the trouble. The urgency of the weight loss goes as one loses and starts to look and feel better. In the end success (reaching goal) comes most often through sheer bloody mindedness!

You have to remind yourself daily what your goal was and not to settle for second best. Right through my weight loss journey people would ask me how much I lost and as I lost more and more they became more impressed but all the way through I would keep the goal in front of me. When asked what I lost, my reply was always the same; "I've lost X kilos but I've still got X kilos to lose". Towards the end people would say that surely I had lost enough but I knew what the goal because it was always clearly in front of me.

Those measurement results must be a real encouragement to you. :D
Indeed do pat yourself on the back...but don't rest on your laurels - see the job through to the finish! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Weigh in today is 68.5kgs :) a loss of 700gm from last week. I've had a few minor hiccups with food this week but overall I feel I've earned the loss - been walking at least once a day this week, and no major binges, or sweets.
äirly

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:14 am

At this stage of the game that is a great loss.
Excellent progress...don't let all your good work slip away - keep your focus and win through!

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks blitz, fighting hard here.., :)
äirly

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:25 am

Fighting hard I know - but it is worth it isn't it?
Don't you feel so much better now?
Isn't there a spring in your step and a swagger as well? :lol: 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress