It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:21 am

Free Newsletter

Niksta's Progress Report

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Niksta's Progress Report

Postby niksta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Hello everyone
Gee this week has been a shocker.. From camping (which was pretty good-was not tempted to go eat heaps of food), to going and feeding my friends' Horse and Dog-she left a box of Favourites for me as a thank you gift.. I have been sharing with my family (less for me to eat lol) but having a couple here and there Im sure isn't good for me.. Exercise wise, well you could say I haven't done any :( Its been raining everyday since Tue/Wed (I was able to go for a walk Thursday arvo I think) and its pretty sloppy outside on the dirt road.. Im sure everyone would get a kick out of it if I slipped over :lol:

So I weighed myself this morning. I usually have the scales on carpet/rug but due to thinking we were gonna get flooded last night, we put everything up off the ground.. So jumping on the scales showed me at 82.5kg.. (Just remember I got down to 82 then during Exam Block I went back up to 84kg, got down to 82kg, but now at 82.5kg).. In my mind its due to the carpet/rug not being :wink: But I haven't been all that good with exercise..

On an up side, I am starting to get my portion size of my meals down a bit.. :) and cutting out a lot of soft drinks etc.

Hope everyone is progressing along well towards their goals :D
niksta

Re: Niksta's Progress Report

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Niksta :)

I know what you mean about the weather around here lately, it's been so awful and depressing! I've been trying to squeeze in walks here and there, but I got completely drenched yesterday morning :( lol. I'm sure I looked pathetic walking along the road like a drowned rat!

Well, tomorrow is the start of a new week and you've made some really postive changes so far, like cutting down on your portion sizes and soft drinks. Well done! Good luck for this week, I'm sure you'll do well if you stay focused :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby niksta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Thank you Miss Viva.. Yeh I've gotten my fair share of wet clothes over the past week. :( With all the rain it is practically impossible for me to walk, let alone jog in the mud.. Im sure I would end up on my backside covered in mud..lol :lol: So I got on the bike this arvo for about 20mins (mixing up the load rate), then played Wii Sports for 40mins, by the end I was hot and sweaty... Need to more workouts like that and also to be more focused.. :wink:
niksta

Postby niksta » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 pm

So today I didn't get to spend as much time on the bike as I would have liked to.. I did 10mins and could feel myself starting to heat up. But after doing that and having dinner, I felt so guilty and upset. I'm on the edge of crying.. :( I dont know why I am feeling like this. I just want to see results. But not being able to go out and jog, can't mow the lawn due to the mower being broken, etc etc. Leaves me with the bike and Wii. I feel so fat sitting here typing this. I want to be thin and happy but I feel like a million miles away from getting to that goal.. I don't want to give up because I know I will end up getting bigger than what I already am. Is it that bad to want to see results? To put on some shorts I havent worn in ages (due to being too tight) and seeing that they fit me. My folks aren't very supportive. Like mum said this arvo, 'riding the bike will do u more good than your 'walks'.' I dont think they know how I am trying and that Im pretty unhappy with the way I am at the moment. Would like to be the chick with a nice body and a little more confidence than the shy fat chick in black clothes.. (I dont really have much colour in my wardrobe).

Sorry for my little vent. Just needed to get it out.
niksta

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Aww Niksta,

Don't beat yourself up, you ARE doing well! Every step you take towards getting fitter is doing something good for your body, regardless of whether or not you see instant results. When I first started to lose weight, I was often frustrated that it wasn't coming off fast enough. I wanted to see huge losses every week! Then, someone said something that really stuck with me:

"We don't put on all of this weight overnight, so we can't expect to lose it that fast either."

That really struck a chord with me, and it's 100% true. Losing weight is all about changing your eating/exercise habits over a long period of time. Little changes that you make DO add up. Try not to focus on negative things that people say about your weightloss efforts, you're doing this for YOU and no one else.

E.g. "Riding your bike will do you more good than going for your 'walks'." - Your mum probaly IS trying to be supportive by encouraging you to do the form of exercise she thinks is best. However, if you're happier walking, then that's what you should do. I for one hate riding stationary bikes, but I love getting out there and walking. Other people might find the opposite. I think the key is finding a form of exercise that you enjoy, and one that doesn't feel like so much of a chore. If you find something you like, you're more likely to continue it over a long period of time and incorporate it into your daily lifestyle. I used to force myself to go to the gym, and I absolutely hated it. I had a gym membership for 5 years, and about the only thing I lost was $2000. Now I just go for my "walks" too and swim. It's much more enjoyable for me.

Don't give up, you WILL eventually start to see some results. If you keep going with a healthy diet and lifestyle, the scales will eventually start to move down and you WILL start to notice a difference in your clothes. Next time you feel like your mum or someone isn't being supportive, just say something like 'thanks, but I think I'll stick to walking for today.' Eventually they'll start to notice a difference in you too. If you feel like you're not getting some support from your family, maybe you could ask a friend to motivate you/come walking with you? I'll be your weightloss buddy on here if you want, we're at a similar weight at the moment :)

I hope you're feeling better now, you CAN do this!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby niksta » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Thats some good points Miss Viva. I enjoy walking and jogging, it lets me think about stuff, while getting some fresh air, and working my muscles. Im feeling a little better this morning, even though I have put on some more weight :( I thought maybe I need a smaller goal, seeing I didnt make my last one (losing 5kgs by the end of Nov). I had only gotten down to 82 not 81. I am 82.9 atm. thinking maybe if I could get to 81 by christmas/new year it would be nice.
I keep trying to think that little changes will add up to big results, but I guess maybe I havent changed enough in my lifestyle yet. I had the last two chocies in the favourites box this morning.. I know I am here venting how I havent lost any weight, but pigging out on some chocie.. Sounds very bad.. but there isnt any left, so I can not be tempted to eat them.. Maybe I will have a clearer path from now on.?? Being my WL Buddy would be great Miss Viva. 8)
niksta

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Don't worry too much about meeting deadlines for your weightloss. It's good to have a goal in mind, but it's not the end of the world if you don't make it or if it takes you longer to get there. As long as you focus on changing your lifestyle for the better, you'll get there in the end. I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better though :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby niksta » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 pm

I just feel like I should be able to reach my goals.. I don't know. Like if I can't make this smaller goal, how am I gonna reach my end goal?? If you get my drift. The last couple days I have been alright I guess. I have been reading books to take my mind off things.. I doubt I have lost anything really this week. Should really try harder.. Some times I think maybe I should just admit and except that Im fat.. but if I look down I just think 'This blows'.. Only time will take I guess. Just need to focus a little harder.. :roll:
niksta

Postby brendan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Hey Niksta
Don't you dare throw in the towel :? Just hang in there, chill out for another day or two, then get back in there and start losing again. I've had a few days in the last week where my weight pops up or stands still, then a day or two later I drop a kilo overnight.

You just gotta hang in there!

You can do it!
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby niksta » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't want to throw in the towel, trust me Brendan.. Quite sick of looking at my fat rolls though.. Seriously I have a spare tyre in my car, so why on earth an I carrying this spare with me?? :lol: I went for a walk this arvo. It felt good (except that the bugs were attacking me.) I think I may have to get up early and go for jog's again.. The sun is up earlier, so I guess why waste the time being in bed dreaming of being thin, when I should be out there achieving it.
Im scared to weigh myself.. Might have to work real hard over the weekend (Plus we are slowly moving house as well, so get to use the muscles-Im sure that would be deemed as exercise to a degree??)
I seem to have more time off than trying to lose weight.. Its not coming to come off by itself, so I better start doing something about it.. Just looking at myself disgusts me. There is no soft drink in the fridge, no cordial (but I have heard cordial is better to drink than soft drink??), pretty much no junk food in the pantry... Would have liked a can of soft drink tonight while cooking tea (Chicken casserole w/rice-heaps of veges like carrots, peas, capsicum, celery, potatoes etc) but I am sure if there were any in the fridge I would have regretted drinking it seeing I had a can of coke zero with lunch, which wasnt exactly weight loss worthy..
But any ways, I hope I haven't bored you.. Just somewhat typing what comes to mind.. It's good I can be honest on here :)
niksta

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Niksta

A few pieces of advice you might find useful that remove potential for guilt trips:

1) Don't eat something just to get rid of it.
It's tempting to knock back the last chocolate in the box or that coke in the fridge just to remove the temptation. I've found that it's better to either give the item to someone else and watch them eat it. Or just throw it in the bin. Yes, throw it away!

2) Make your own soft drink.
Buy a cheap bottle of carbonated water (water only, no sugar or other additives) from the supermarket and some fresh fruit like lemons and oranges. Cut and squeeze the juice from the fruit into a glass of the carbonated water and ice. Most of the sensation of drinking soft drink is there - bubbles, flavour, etc )minus the guilt). It's a good, cheap and healthy replacement - just don't go overboard on the juice.

Don't give up. If you are doing the right thing and not cheating or subconsciously sabotaging yourself but your scales don't notice a difference, you body will. A person losing fat may gain weight in the short term due to developing muscle, which weighs more than fat). It's normal for people to think and expect rewards in the short term, but weight-loss is a long-term project and many people find they have to change their expectations to accommodate this fact.
Striving to improve in every way possible.
CronicBadger

Postby niksta » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Great ideas CronicBadger..Especially the make your own soft drink.. Never knew you could do that.. Sounds like an awesome idea. I will have to definately try it. If the biccies, chocolate or ice cream etc comes out at home, I usually go down stairs (our house is two story)..That way I can't see it, smell it or taste it lol. :lol:
Just lately I have been having naughty foods like Pies and Sausage rolls :( I felt like having a nice chicken and salad wrap, but pie and sausage roll etc was all there was to eat.. (long story).. Today I have done a little bit better I hope.. two slices of toast with a bit of butter and vegemite..Grabbed two Marshmallows out of the pantry for a snack.. Had one of those Soup's in the container that you just pop in the microwave for 2minutes. Had one for lunch and a slice of bread.. I got a small bottle of Vanilla Malt while at Coles this morning for the drive home and nearly vomitted at the taste.. It was disgusting.. It hadn't gone off, just tasted different from other Vanilla Malt brands. So I only had half a bottle and I'm tempted to throw it out.
Exercise wise I got up early yesterday and went for a jog..It felt so good.. I staggered up the stairs into the house and was just so hot.. This arvo I went for a fast paced walk and have been squatting down a lot today as well..
Hope I can lose a couple kilograms by the new year..
niksta

Postby niksta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Thought I would do another entry on my progress..

The last couple days have been good.. Haven't eaten anything too naughty, and have been out exercising.. I went for a walk this morning (fast paced enough to make me work up a sweat), brought in some shopping (slight muscle workout lol), did some whippa snipping, then went for a jog this arvo straight after and pushed myself a little harder..

I usually weigh myself on my wii fit and dont have a normal set of scales.. but I can't use my wii for a while as I dont have my tv with me (its a long story) so I can't see how I am going.. Going to keep working hard at it until I get the chance to weigh myself again.. hope to see a good number :D
niksta

Postby brendan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Niksta

Good to see you are back on track! Don't push yourself too hard though (says he who nearly kills himself on the exercise bike twice a day :lol: ) - don't want to burn yourself out!

Hang in there!
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby niksta » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks Brendan.. It feels good to be on track and determined to lose the weight.. Today however I had a pair of my demin shorts on, and they still fit the same (as though I haven't lost anything), but I keep telling myself it all takes time, and when I get to my goal weight I can go buy some new clothes :) :)
Today I didnt get to walk or jog.. ended up driving all around the country side today, and the storm we partially got didnt help.. I think I might hop on the bike for a bit tomorrow.. Bren, is the section of muscle just above the knee meant to burn while on the bike? I swear I only do it for a little while and they hurt. I don't have the intensity up too high..around moderate (on the low scale of things)..
niksta

Next

Return to Personal Progress