It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Tyger's Tales (Progress, Weigh-ins & Food Diary)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tyger's Tales (Progress, Weigh-ins & Food Diary)

Postby SkinnyBride2B » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi Tyger,

Wow - where did you go on your holiday and how was it? - and by the way congrats on giving the smoking away. That can only help.

My partner and i went to Vanuatu at the end of last year - that was amazing... and thats where we got engaged so maybe thats it!

Anyway hope to see you around!
SkinnyBride2B

Postby Tyger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

I’m aware I haven’t posted for donkeys, but I felt the need to post right now to quickly vent my frustration. :x

I have been trying and failing to stay under 1500 net calories daily, and I wonder how I did it before! I just feel so hungry. All the time. I think I am eating the right things. Lots of veggies, yogurt, low-calorie snacks, and no junk-food binges. Once a week I’ll let myself have a bowl of wedges or something. I mean, I want to enjoy life, dammit! But it’s frustrating, because even though I’m exercising and deleting those expended calories off to get net calories, I’m still not staying satisfactorily under 1,500. More around the 1,700 daily, which is not enough. I’m not going to lose a thing doing that.

Sorry for the vent but I think I need to experiment with more foods. I have no idea how I felt full and stayed under 1500 net cal before. Some days I’d only eat 1200 net! Can anyone advise some ways to keep calories down and still feel full-ish? Really need the tips right about now.

P.S. Currently 76.8kg, and haven’t shifted for a fortnight now.
Tyger

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

You could try drinking more water and replacing some of the veges with protein (lean meat or meat substitute). Any shakeup of your diet may help as your body might just want something different than what you usually eat. Perhaps there's a nutritional component that's missing.
CronicBadger

Postby Tyger » Wed May 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Thought I'd drop in to say, since my plateau at around 76.8kg, I fell off the wagon again and gained to about 79kg again.

For the past 6 weeks I've been dutifully plugging in everything I eat and trying again to stay at net cal 1500. It's just as arduous as always. I am usually closer to 1,800. This should still mean a loss over time (just over a longer time).

I have plateaued again though. I am stuck at 77.2kg right now. That's under 2kg lost in 6 weeks!!!!! Not cool. I'd be okay with 3kg, but not 2kg. I'm starting to get frustrated and lose faith in my efforts. I feel like I've been trying hard for weeks to no avail, and yes I've slipped up here and there, but I feel the disappointment is not consistent with the slip-ups. I haven't slipped up THAT much.

I am still doing Kung Fu and now Bikram yoga, and the other days I try to go for a walk during my lunch break (about 35 min walk). After dinner treats are still a liability for me.

Why is this journey so aggravating??

I have a goal though - I want to be 73kg or less by the time I leave for a 3 month long overseas trip on July 26th. That's 9 weeks from yesterday to lose 4kg. I know that seems highly doable, but it's so freakin' hard for me! A kilo a fortnight seems like it should be so easy, but I'm apparently just no good at this.

Anyway, hopefully writing on this forum again might help me with the inspiration to keep at it, despite the disappointments.
Tyger

Previous

Return to Personal Progress