It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 am

Free Newsletter

Sal's Weight Loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sal's Weight Loss

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 am

Hello All!

I've seen a few weight loss forums around the web, and this one to me seems the best - you guys seem so warm, motivational and informative - so i've decided to make the most of you all and record my weight loss journey here :D

My official start thread (very exciting):

details -
  • height: 179cms
start -
  • weight: 83.3kgs
  • bmi: 26
goal -
  • weight: 72kgs
  • bmi: 22

i've noticed in the past few years i've put on about 10 kilos ( :shock: ). i have occasionally attempted to do something about it, but never really stuck to much. i am good with the exercise part (netball, basketball, gym), i just find i eat too much. i therefore have decided to change my eating habits FOR GOOD and up the daily cardio exercise.

how will i be getting to my goal? to start with i will be using the alternate day eating lifestyle -
ie really strict calorie counting the one day, with no junk food (chocolate, chips, ice cream, cookies, cakes etc)/soft drink/fried food/meat (excluding fish)
and the next day eat whatever in moderation

wish me luck :)

daily extra:
:idea: drink lots of water! learn to recognise that some of the signs i think means "hunger" may actually just be thirst.
sally_will_shrink

Re: Sal's Weight Loss

Postby rhianna88 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi Sal,

I too have just recently joined with this weight loss forum and i agree. It is very warm, friendly and definitely motivating!

I believe you can loose that weight because your mindset is in the right direction. I have never heard of alternating your diet like that before; but i would assume the moderation part will take a lot of willpower. I hope it gives you results and shakes up your metabolism!

I am 22 year old female, full time uni student weighing at 122 kg, i've got a long way to go but my health is still in good condition, its only my mind i need to seriously work on. I have 50 kg to shed! I've been going great the past two days and i'm feeling good :) As a side hobby to my weight loss adventure i am conducting a survey about how to loose weight, with the hopes of turning it into an ebook (and putting my marketing skills i've studied into good use!) It would be lovely if you could answer it, it is only 5 questions. So far 3 people have answered it from this forum website, my aim is 30. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WNQF35G and to all the other forum readers out there; i would love to read your answers in my survey if you would like to participate :)

I look forward to seeing your progress! I've been inspired by all these progress posts i might even start one too! especially because i'm still only my second day into seriously changing my eating/exercise plan :D

Kind regards,

Rhianna
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." John R. Wooden

Starting weight: 123kg
Week 1: 123.8kg (+800g)
Week 2: 122.6kg (-1.2kg)
week 3: 121.3kg (-1.3kg)
Week 4: 121.6kg (+300g)
Goal weight: 70kg
Curent weight: 121.6kg!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5xo5LW/]
[/url]
rhianna88

Postby sally_will_shrink » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 am

Hi Rhianna,

Thanks for the words of comfort - i agree it will definitely take lots of willpower to get this weight gone! I like what you mean, i need to work on my mind too hehe. Have to teach my brain to appreciate good food, and not want to eat junk all the time. And to not eat when i'm NOT HUNGRY! That's my biggest one, I always will just eat if food is there. I'll have to complete your survey when i'm a little further down this weight loss journey. I'm also thinking of posting a before shot, they seem to be great motivators.

So for the past 5 days i havent been sticking to my goals :( but that's due to a crappy week (involving wine and chocolate), and i'm just going to continue on as ever. Yesterday I only had half my breakfast, a scone for lunch and chicken, cucumber and tomato for dinner. besides a drink of juice in the afternoon, no snacking at all - quite new for me. also, at the shops buying dinner, i didnt buy chocolate! 8) i guess i recognised that i wasnt feeling that hungry, and didnt eat out of boredom or anything, yey me!

weight
  • current: 82.9kgs
    :arrow: -0.4kgs down so far
  • first goal: 79.9kgs
    :arrow: only -3kgs to go

today is a strict day, so no bad food whatsoever. so for i've had all bran and cheerios cereal with soy milk. any cravings i feel i need today (chips, cookies) i can have tomorrow (which i'll have hopefully forgotten about by then :wink: ) .

daily extra:
:idea: learn to recognise that "full" feeling again, do not eat past that point just because there is food there.
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:44 am

So i've been going pretty well these past few days, that was until two days ago when a lunch of yum cha and wine came into play. So to make up for it yesterday I had a healthy lunch of salads, vegies and fish, but then on the way home buying dinner i got some nutella. And the dinner wasnt that healthy either - bbq chicken, tomato, cheese. So adding the nutella i inevitably ate :cry: , ended up being a pretty bad 2 days. The only good thing is i went to the gym both mornings and worked hard, so i'm hoping the effects arent too great. i have gotten good at no snacking during the day - i used to go and buy a chocolate bar for an arvo snack - but i have to watch the after work before dinner snacks. i'm better if i have dinner straight away. my new favourite dessert is a frozen poppa - it takes forever to eat and is delish!

i've decided to put some before shots up as well, to motivate. just gotta get some shots. and some courage. hehe. my problem areas are my thighs, bum and waist. oh and my double chin! i so cannot wait till that is gone. and i should probably set an official weigh day. at the moment its daily ( :oops: ) and i record it whenever i come on here. so heres to wednesdays being the official weigh in day (that'll give me a few days after xmas to recuperate).

weight
  • current: 82.5kgs
    :arrow: -0.4kgs down
  • first goal: 79.9kgs
    :arrow: -2.6kgs to go

tomorrow is xmas eve, i'm going to be eating big at meal times so i'm gunna try and cut out the snacking, that way i'll enjoy those meals that little bit better. happy festivus everyone :mrgreen: !

daily extra:
:idea: have at least 20-30 chews per mouthful. this will help release those digestive enzymes - and make me think more about what i am eating.
sally_will_shrink

Postby couz86 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Sal and welcome,

I have been reading your posts and i too have just started my weight loss journey. My starting weight was 94kgs and my goal is to get down to 68kgs.
My weigh in days are saturday (Christmas day:-( )
I am aiming to loose 0.8kgs a week.

This site is fantastic for motivation I check it most days for inspiration and to know Im not alone.

I think having a plan of attack will help motivation. I have my 2011 diary and written inspirational quotes in it already so I will look at it and hopefully stay on track.

Look forward to hearing anout your progress and yours Rhianna!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlcCtm7/]

SW= 94kgs as of 11.12.2010)
Final GOAL = 68kgs by Mid Aug 2011
couz86

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Couz, Thanks for your response. Sounds like you've got a great achievable goal - 0.8kgs a week. Its a bit daunting at the start hey? I like your diary plan of attack to stay on track! Good luck with your goals and losses :D

So this past week was christmas, lots of fun and lots of food :wink: Will see at my official weigh in day (tomorrow) how i've gone with the attempt at weight loss :oops: . i didn't really try too hard, did very little exercise, have been pretty lazy. All until today when i went on a 1-hour long walk, it was great, worked up a sweat hehe..

I have to get back into the habit of chewing my food for a minimum 20 chews. I know it sounds weird, but the meals that i did this, i found myself not needing to eat as much!
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Ok here goes: motivation motivation motivation

Two pics at 84 kilos - this will force me to stop and think about what i'm doing to my body - having images as proof (and please excuse the undies hehe). can't wait till i can wear a nice dress / bikini without having to worry about muffin tops/thunder thighs!

b2-small.jpg
before - side - 84 kilos
b2-small.jpg (4.01 KiB) Viewed 1558 times

b1-small.jpg
before - front - 84 kilos
b1-small.jpg (4.8 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
sally_will_shrink

Postby brendan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:51 pm

That's very brave of you to put those photos up. I think I'd be too embarrassed to do that - I'd scare away the members.

Good on you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 pm

hi brendan, thanks! embarrassing is definitely the word for it, but hey the motivation worked - instead of m&ms for dinner (a chrissy present), i'm having white tea instead. haha hopefully these pics haven't scared too many members away :P
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:55 pm

so havent been going well in the eatings department this week - i start off well in the morning, have a healthy breakfast, and then end up snacking too much during the day, or going well all day and then overloading with dinner at night. and the past few nights didn't help, what with all the alcohol involved... grumble grumble.

but HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

here's to resolutions. mine: my body is my temple. i hope to use it for a while longer, so i will treat it better - no more junk, no more gorge, more water, more exercise... this will result in me weighing 70kgs in 2011!

now to set it in action. any time i feel like cheating, i will think of this thread and those photos and think again!

i'm also weighing in on wednesdays - my goal for next week is 82.1
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

even though tomorrow is my weigh in, thought i'd come on here for a quick update - on how great i did today (if i do say so myself hehe)

i've been eating foods that are un-processed, and its actually making me full. Full! My theory is, the less processed the food is, the more my body has to work to digest it, the more signals will get sent to my brain that i'm eating. Put this together with chewing more - and i definitely feel full! That was my problem before, i could eat and eat, and just not feel full whatsoever, so would continue to eat and eat. i guess i was eating the wrong things.

so today i ate meals full of healthy stuff (peas, carrots, tomato, capsicum, lettuce, corn, salmon, lean beef, yoghurt, pasta, grain crackers) and the worst thing would be the one non-herbal tea i had with some full-cream milk, that i didnt finish anyway! go me! am actually looking forward to weigh-in hehe... (though could be eating these words tomorrow).

till then.
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 am

Official weigh in
  • Last week: 82.9
  • This weeks goal: 82.1
  • WEIGHT: 81.9!
Beat it by 200 g, bringing the loss to an even kilo :D go me!

Next weeks adjusted goal: 81.1

This weeks aim to get to that goal is to drink more water, chew lots and lots, eat fresh healthy unprocessed foods.
sally_will_shrink

Postby starr22 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Good work with this weeks weight loss Sal :D I'm about the same starting weight as you.....and you have def given me some motivation to cut out all of the crappy processed food. Seems to be working well for you. GO YOU :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby brendan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Good going Sally! Keep it up!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm

You're doing great, Sal!

sally_will_shrink wrote:even though tomorrow is my weigh in, thought i'd come on here for a quick update - on how great i did today (if i do say so myself hehe)

i've been eating foods that are un-processed, and its actually making me full. Full! My theory is, the less processed the food is, the more my body has to work to digest it, the more signals will get sent to my brain that i'm eating. Put this together with chewing more - and i definitely feel full! That was my problem before, i could eat and eat, and just not feel full whatsoever, so would continue to eat and eat. i guess i was eating the wrong things.

so today i ate meals full of healthy stuff (peas, carrots, tomato, capsicum, lettuce, corn, salmon, lean beef, yoghurt, pasta, grain crackers) and the worst thing would be the one non-herbal tea i had with some full-cream milk, that i didnt finish anyway! go me! am actually looking forward to weigh-in hehe... (though could be eating these words tomorrow).

till then.

excellent! I recon the more we can stay away from processed foods the better. For lunch a lot of days I'll have a HUGE plate of raw salad things with some tuna, or bit of cold meat and maybe some boiled egg and it come to a cazy low amount of calories for the amount of food it is and it keeps me full.
Who knew?! lol
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Next

Return to Personal Progress