It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:18 am

Free Newsletter

Sal's Weight Loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Sal's Weight Loss

Postby sally_will_shrink » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks guys :D I'm glad i'm helped motivate you Star! Process-less food is definitely the way to go. And reading everyone else's journeys on this forum is a great motivational tool for me too. Metalcharm - i agree, how good is it? If only i'd worked this out 5 years ago :wink:

So last night was the first time since i've started eating non-processed foods that i've had a full on craving... i got home, had some fruit for a snack, then had dinner of salmon steak, cucumber tomato peas corn and these little star-shaped pasta things (quite cute actually). after dinner, i felt a little full, but then watching tv i had a full on craving for all the various unhealthy dessert thingies - ie chocolate, ice cream, biscuits, etc. so what did i do? had a piece of fruit. still felt hungry and craved bad stuff. so what else could i do? i went to bed. take THAT cravings :lol:
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 am

Hello All!

Last week didn't get to record my weight here cos the forum was closed, so here it is:

12/1 = 81.5
today = 80.9

it took me 2 weeks to lose a kilo, but oh my gosh i'm in the 80. somethings. havent seen that number in a while :D

i've been going well with the non-processed stuff. luckily at work there is a nice salad shop near by, gives my a healthy option if i dont bring my own. that is i've been going well except for this past weekend where i had a family gathering, and divulged in some punch/chips/chocolate etc. i didnt eat as much as i usually would though, and tried to quit when i felt full.. oh and also due to a bit of stress there may have been some m+m's last night :oops:

but a loss! yey!! can't wait till i'm in my 70s again. i may take another pic, see if theres any obvious difference.
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 am

Happy Australia Day everyone!!

So, weigh in today. I got a bit of a shock:

Last week: 80.9
Currently: 79.5 :shock:
That is a loss of 1.4 :D :D

Two amazing things - i lost almost a kilo and a half, and i weigh in the 70s now!! Oh how i have missed the 70s :lol: I am just so impressed, considering it took me two weeks to lose the last kilo. And also, my BMI is now 24.8, meaning I am officially in the healthy weight range!!

I think it really helps if I bring my own lunches. This week I have made my own delicious salads of apples/grapes/tomato/walnuts/cashews/macadamia nuts/cheese/alfalfa sprouts. I know it sounds weird, but it tastes devine and fills you up!

The thing I've noticed about my weight loss journey is that I can tell it isn't a diet/fad/starvation. It's truly become a part of my lifestyle, I don't feel hungry, I eat when I want to eat, I don't obsess over food, I just make healthier choices and go for the un-processed option (generally tastes the best anyway).

Haha well I hope that makes sense. I'm still in a bit of awe (never lost that much ever! hehe)
sally_will_shrink

Postby SkinnyBride2B » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Sal,

Your a bloody legend - 1.4kg in a week - congrats!

You must feel so good (not to mention lighter). Good job.

So i know your little ladder thingy says you've lost 4.5kg - is that up to date? If so, how long have you been on the weight loss road?

Just quietly, i can't wait until i hit the 70's again.

Do you find that you lose the weight from all over your body or from specific areas? Ive found that my tummy, boobs and arms have been the most noticable. Cant wait to drop it from my thighs and butt (but they're always the last to melt off).

Anyway just wanted to say 'well done' - God knows youve worked hard for it
SkinnyBride2B

Postby äirly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm

ooh, congratulations on both :D 1.4kgs in a week is very impressive - i have noticed sometimes it goes like that - weightloss seems to slow down then catch up :wink: who can understand it?

also, YAY 70'S!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby sally_will_shrink » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks guys!! Yup, the ticker is up to date. I've been thinking about wanting to lose weight for forever :roll:, properly started trying to lose weight december 22nd, the un-processed way of eating started in january.

SkinnyBride2B, i think i'm the same as you. its come off my top half first (double chin slowly becoming single chin hehe), which is great and all, i can't wait to lose it from my love handles and thighs!

So, here we go, Weigh in day:

last week: 79.5
this week: 79.0
loss of: 0.5

I'm so happy with this loss :D ! considering the massive one last week, i wasnt expecting any this week, so yey!

have now lost 6% of my original weight, ie 5 kilos. And don't they say even losing 5 kilos makes a world of difference? I'd say it does, I feel so much lighter!

over the weekend i had a few naughty items :oops: , ie icecream and m+ms, but didnt gorge on those as i usually would, and the scales were nicer for it hehe. still doing the same old eating fresh un-processed things. i love that when offered say a pack of chips, i can refuse and not in the slightest feel like having any :lol:
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:02 am

weigh in day:

last week: 79.0
this week: 78.4
loss of: 0.6!!

i've had a weird couple of days eating wise, on saturday it was too hot to eat (but not to drink :wink: ), on sunday i didnt feel like eating cos of all the drink from the previous day ( :cry: ), last two days i've been eating as normal, but added a whole lot of ice cream to the equation.

so with all that, i am at a loss as to why i got a loss! hehe...

need to up my exercise. hate working long hours. thinking of getting a wii fit plus too. hmmm....

so 6.4 kgs away from my goal of 72kgs. am almost half way! when i hit there, i will reassess whether i should aim lower. i cant help thinking today what if when my weight had reached 80 i did something about it, i would be at 74 something instead of 78 something. why didn't i do something earlier?
sally_will_shrink

Postby äirly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 pm

What if you had waited til triple digits? Or never at all? Better late than never... :wink:
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby sally_will_shrink » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 am

thanks airly, you are exactly right. that's why this board rocks :)

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it finally happened - a gain!
lw = 78.4
tw = 78.7
gain of 0.3!!! :cry:

well this isnt surprising, this last week i have eaten poorly, exercised little, and generally not been following my rule: no processed foods!

this is a good kick up the backside for me, i need to refocus and recommit to this weight loss. i still have a while to go till 72kgs, and even that may not be my final goal.

this week: more water. daily exercise for 30 mins minimum. bring own lunches to work. ONLY eat unprocessed food goods ! if i am offered chocolate, i will politely refuse. if there are chips available i will ignore them. if i forget my lunch, i will go to woolies to buy the fresh ingredients and make my own salad! woo!
sally_will_shrink

Postby sally_will_shrink » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 am

ok, back on track!

lw = 78.7
tw = 78.2
loss of 0.5 :)

what i needed? exercise. real tough, sweating all over, gunna die exercise. felt so good after! like it refocused my mind and why i'm doing this weight loss - to get healthy and fit!

also have been bringing my own lunches in, and have stopped gorging on ice cream hehe, and trying for more un-processed goods... i'm going to aim for 2 resistance training sessions a week, as well as the usual cardio - i also want to add in one long run a week, say 8km on sunday or something (hey thats long for me!) wish me luck :D

also, i can't remember the last time i was this lowwww..... wooo hoo!
sally_will_shrink

Postby Gutsy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:13 am

8 kilos is a long run in anybody's books! Enjoy & well done for being the lowest weight in a long time, thats must feel super cool.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:42 pm

so. been a while :( . wow 25th feb was the last time i did this. hmm and now its april. :oops: . ok here i am back again, time to get over these past few weeks of eating badly and moving less. starting today, i am on the shrinking path again!!

my last weight recorded here was 78.2
todays weight: 79.8

though that has fluctuated - two days ago there was a 80. something on the scale. what can we take from this?
= still in the 70s.
= know what works for me (slow chewing, unprocessed foods, healthy choices)
= clearly can't ever go back to big portions/lazy/unhealthy junk eating

time to do the walk of shame, hehe man it depresses me that i could have been losing weight this whole time ... why is it so hard to resist when it was so easy before? no matter, i feel bad about my month or so not trying hard enough, but i am back for good!! and as always, there is no rush, this is for life.

i never did that 8km run. instead, i'll do a 4km run, much more doable!! by next tuesday - that is my exercise goal for the week.
sally_will_shrink

Previous

Return to Personal Progress