It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

rhianna88's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

rhianna88's progress

Postby rhianna88 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Greetings fellow weight loss friends :D

I am excited to say that the personal progress topic forum has inspired me! I thought how motivating it will be for me to write about my progress and gain positive feedback and advice from everyone. This will definitely keep my spirits high and create no excuses! This is my second day of writing in my eating/exercise journal and i am fairly new to weight loss forum; so what better way than to track my progress is by sharing it with you friendly people :)

Let me introduce myself...

I am a 22 year old female, studying full time in a bachelor of business in adelaide SA. I am in my last year, oh so close to graduating with 9 subjects remaining :) I began to put on weight in year 12 by stress and the normal year 12 student pressure (year 12 is the hardest year i have ever worked at in my study!) But amongst all of that i had family troubles. My twin sister (non identical) lost a lot of weight from over exercising and eating extremely healthy! she was classified at an anorexic weight (AUS size 6) but then later for 2 years was bulimic. In year 12 (4 years ago) i was curvy and beautiful (when i look back on photos) but in my mind i always thought i was really fat; but it is now discovered because my sister was so thin i was naturally comparing myself to her in weight (amongst years of comparison in study...her being the straight A academic, me being the creative music student while trying to get a C in science and maths :) ) Then the weight kept piling on years after while i was finding myself in denial with depression and feeling emotional...leading to emotional eating, getting my license and driving a car EVERYWHERE (lack of exercise a car creates)...up until now where i am at my peak weight of 122kg...

My goals

To reach 70 kg between february and april 2012. That gives me 15 months to loose 52 kg :D
To finish my bachelor of business degree by april 2012 (and looking very happy and beautiful in my graduation photo)
BE HAPPY, HEAlTHY, AND FEEL BEAUTIFUL :P

My eating progress for yesterday involved: Breakfast- tomato and bacon omelette, 2 small slices of rye toast. Snack: nectarine and several almonds, Lunch: grilled chicken salad low fat dressing, (experienced a bad headache and only ate very small at night) which included small piece of chicken, some strawberries and red grapes.

Today's eating progress: oats with 2 sliced strawberries, snack: small tub of nestle diet yoghurt, and one slice of pineapple. Lunch: Moroccan spiced soup and 1 piece of small turkish bread toast. Snack: celery sticks with peanut butter (1tbs) and for dinner i am planning on having some garfish and salad.

It would be great hearing some recommendations and support from whoever wants to post a message on my progress forum :o
My aim is to do my best by posting my progress as much as i can, while being very true and honest to myself; i know i can accomplish a lot further with this support than on my own :D

I look forward to 'meeting' many of you and hearing your posts,

Kind regards,

Rhianna

P.S some of you may know I am conducting a survey to create an ebook about loosing weight filled with tips and advice (small hobby i wish to complete before uni begins in march next year, and to put my martketing studies to use!) if you would like to particiapate in my free 5 question survey please click on the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WNQF35G you will be rewarded with a copy of my finished ebook for your participation :)
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." John R. Wooden

Starting weight: 123kg
Week 1: 123.8kg (+800g)
Week 2: 122.6kg (-1.2kg)
week 3: 121.3kg (-1.3kg)
Week 4: 121.6kg (+300g)
Goal weight: 70kg
Curent weight: 121.6kg!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5xo5LW/]
[/url]
rhianna88

Re: rhianna88's progress

Postby 2bhealthy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Rhianna :D
Looks like your off to a great start with the progress reports. I find them easier too, I have started to track my food , and my emotions and the trials I struggle to loose my "baggage" :lol:
Look forward to reading how you go :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby niksta » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Rhianna
Probably not very relevant but after reading your post I want to go get some Nectarines and Strawberries lol.. Today would have been a great day to sit out on the veranda with some fruit.. maybe tomorrow
I have the same goal (getting to a goal weight by graduation).. Want to be able to stand infront of everyone at 68kg's, smiling :D in that robe we have to wear.. Can't wait.. only 6months left of my degree though.

Good Luck.. You can do it!! :)
niksta

Postby rhianna88 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi Niksta, thats really cool we have the same goal, i think i wanna be 68 kg, i was even told cause of my height i could reach 60 kg but i remember being happy at 70 kg so thats my aim and i would feel complete if i could reach it :D Thats really fortunate you have 6 months left in your degree! i would have the same if my course rule didnt decrease the number of units per subject...6 units to 4.5 created me having 5 subjects to go to 9...ugh. OH WELL, cant change it, just accept it :wink:

Hi 2bhealthy, thanks for the message, my so called great start didnt end up so well....heres why...

I HATED BEING A WOMAN THE PAST 3 DAYS! lol sorry i had to get it out of my system...have felt so sick with biggest painful period pain i've experienced in the longest duration of time...totally stuffed up my diet. When i wanted to eat something, to make me feel somewhat better it would be something sweet...i have had too many scones, short bread and lemonade. But i'm still glad i was honest in my food journal. I saw my doctor today and she said judging by what i COULD have binged on; i didn't. I was still conscious about my choices i.e i had frozen yoghurt and some fruit instead of the ice cream and chocolate i wanted.

I am now feeling better getting it off my chest and forgiving myself instead of beating myself up about it by eating more bad foods like i used to in the past.

I have put on weight unfortunately, I've put on a kilo. We have identified between my doctor and i that amonsgt feeling sick with constant headaches (which ends up making me eat comfort food and not exercise; causing weight gain) that i am getting these headaches due to muscle tension in my head and neck. It is a symptom of stress (which i didn't think i was that stressed about because i'm always bubbly) I have evaluated my goals to include working less, spending more time on me, taking yoga classes once a week, and getting a massage once a week. I have not implemented these new goals but it will make me feel less stressed, thus less headaches...equals me feeling better, stronger and more focused with my health and exercise plan :D

In the next few days i will update my progress; involving better food choices and be more active! i've got a good week and a bit until christmas where i will not be as thoughtful about my food choices, i will however be thoughtful about how much i eat of something, the portion size and how much alcohol or soft drink i will consume :) christmas will wake up my metabolism and i am looking forward to spending time with family and having a relaxing holiday, i hope all of you feel the same!

Cheers,

Rhianna
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming." John R. Wooden

[/url]
rhianna88

Postby rhianna88 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:06 pm

I had an excellent day today in regards to my eating, i plan in advance the night before, i'm very proud of myself :D

For breakfast i had porridge with 10 raspberries
Morning snack was 10 almonds and 1 cup of low fat yoghurt
i had a protein shake and carrot and celery sticks with 1 tbs of cream cheese for lunch
afternoon snack involved some pineapple
tonight for dinner i will be making salad and grilled chicken
and if i get cravings at night i will have a diet chocolate mousse, only 61 calories :)

I am off to the gym to do 45 mins cardio and 15 mins of light weights after a busy bad day of work!

I hope i sleep well tonight!

Rhianna

[/url]
rhianna88

Postby rhianna88 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 pm

WOW, its been so long since ive made a post on here! christmas is such a busy busy time...especially when im working in retail too eek!

I was really good at christmas with my eating, of course i wasnt too strict about what i ate but i made it moderate and realistic where i didnt binge as much as i could have. I only had 2 glasses of alcohol and lots of water. Meats and vegetables and some sweets and snacks....my trifle i made (first time ever and so delicious!) is another story :oops:

BUT since christmas holiday break finished last sunday, i have been REALLY good in my eating plan. I am quite proud of myself. Here is a preview of the foods i have eaten:

Porridge with cinnamon for breakfast
red grapes and yoghurt
chicken salad for lunch
piece of fruit
protein and vegetables for dinner
i have had 1.5 to 2 litres of water each day as well as 2 to 3 cups of peppermint herbal tea :D
every night i have walked for 45 mins

I feel fantastic and motivated to continue this eating habbit. Of course i still feel somewhat tired because my body is adjusting but i do not experience the bad headaches i have been getting which is making me feel so much happier :)

thankyou for your time reading my progress, i would love the feedback !

Kind regards,

Rhianna

PS please if you havnt done so already and you are interested: complete my easy 5 question survey on weight loss http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WNQF35G

[/url]
rhianna88

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Rhianna,
Sounds like you've been going great with your food, you should be proud! Are you still walking 45 mins daily?
Glad the headaches are gone, the first sign of your new healthy lifestyle, many more to come :)
Can't wait to hear more of your progess...
sally_will_shrink

Postby rhianna88 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Sally, i havnt been walking EVERY day for 45 mins (although i would love to have the energy to) but ive been getting home work late feeling really tired and sore already lol

But my job requires me to be on my feet all day and given by the busy holiday period retail is very full on!

yes the headaches are gone! im so happy, ive been struggling with them for 4 months total. I stopped drinking diet drinks because i think the chemicals in there triggered head pain, i have cut back on sugar a lot, i drink more water now (1.5 to 2 litres) and herbal tea. I have a little bit of orange juice in the morning with lots of ice =) with my porridge. Lunch is either a salad or a meal replacement shake when im busy just to keep my tummy happy, snacks involve fresh fruit and some low fat/sugar yoghurt. Dinner is protein and veg and i avoid eating after dinner.

4 weeks ago when i started i was 123kg, 3 weeks ago i was 123.8kg (increase of 800g) 2 weeks ago i was 122.6kg (decrease 1.2 kg), today i am currently 121.3kg (decrease 1.3 kg)

I believe because the past two weeks i have increased walking at night time for 45 min 3 to 4 times a week, as well as my one personal training session and 2-3 trainings at the gym its making me loose a healthy weight consistently (especially because i havnt been totally good every day, after all it has been christmas and new years :D )

But i am definitely pumped by my effort and results that my new years resolution is definitely in action. I hope everyone else is feeling motivated and getting good results!

Happy new year for 2011 weight loss forum friends, lets make this a good year accomplishing many goals. Thank you for reading my posts, feel free to reply!

Kind regards,

Rhianna

[/url]
rhianna88

Postby rhianna88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

So this week that has just passed hasnt been so good...i ended up gaining 300g, which to me isn't something to cry over at all. Its about understanding and realising patterns that do actually work for your body in order to achieve some weight loss. I identified that in the week that has just ended; i have snacked on more sugar and carbs when i could have avoided that and ate more fruit instead and i didnt drink as much water as i have been. My exercise for that week decreased due to an ankle problem, i havnt been able to go on my 45 min walks and i have been feeling a bit sickish and tired lately due to work.

That being said; today i got back on with my progress and have stuck to my goal of eating better and getting at least 30 mins of exercise.

hopefully i see a decrease in my weight when i weigh myself in again end of the week! :D

fingers crossed

Rhi

[/url]
rhianna88

Return to Personal Progress