It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Sparkys Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sparkys Progress

Postby Sparky » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Start of week one...

Well, I am new to dieting, but I have gotten through one day, so it must get easier right!
I am trying to cut out bread as I eat lots of bread, so today instead of a sandwhich I had saos. Also cutting out margarine...none today!
We had Maccas tonight and instead of my usual large double beef and back burger meal I had a turkey and cranberry deli choice roll and a small fries, which I am quite proud of myself!
I am also cutting out snacking on lollies and chips while I am on the computer, instead I am having water (not coke) and chewing extra chewing gum.
This is such a terrible pic of me, but I reliase when I reach my goal weight I will never take terrible pics again!

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:42 am

Hey Sparky you made some excellent choices on your first day!! Well certainly gets easier as you travel down the weight loss highway, making choices (as you have done already!) that you know are a benefit to your health and wellbeing. There will be slip ups along the way, but the important thing to remember is you just get right back up and dust the crumbs off your mouth and keep going!

Just a hint with the sao' them as they have quite a high fat content and are quite dense for such a little cracker. If you like other varieties such as crispbread, vita wheat, ryvitas etc they are a bit more "diet" friendly!! Crackers and crispbreads are excellent value as for example with vita wheats you can four of them that equals to the same as one slice of bread! Also have you tried the mountain bread?? Very yummy and one sheet is worth the equivalent to 1/2 a slice of bread (very economical!! LOL).

Sparky, if you keep making the choices that you made on your first day matey, you are going to drop your excess weight no problems at all!! Oh love the pic too!! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:00 am

hi sparky
thanks for sharing the photo with us!

it sounds like you are heading down the right path so good on you! i started out the same and made some changes to things as well. -water instead of coke, extra drops instead of lollies and chocolates. i also started out by changing my breads and pastas to wholemeal before eliminating them. i found that they made me bloated and felt sick in the tummy.

fibre capsules are good to take.

keep up the great work, i know you will go far with your journey!

Postby KimE » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:38 am

Great work Sparky and that is a good way to do it. Make small changes continually until you are happy with your food intake. Changing everything at once doesn't work for everyone and this is a good way to do it. That way you are continually evaluating and making better and better choices. Best of luck! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 pm

Good going Sparky . Your well on the weigh(hehe) to making your goals
Love the pic
Cheers Jules Image
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg