It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:51 am

Free Newsletter

Carla's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby carla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 am

Back to all the old, evil habits of eating. And not exercising.

Eating enormous amounts of bad food in the evening.

Skipping meals...especially at work, then getting home and pigging out.

Not drinking enough water.

Eating whole packets of chips with a bowl of dip, and or having several slices of bread with margarine or butter, bowls of cereal with sugar, sweet biscuits, huge slabs of cheese toasted on bread...up to four rounds sometimes.

Not thinking about what Im consuming. Not taking the time or care into food preparation, what Im eating terms of complex carbs, protein , good fats and bad fats.

I actually feel very bloated and puffy as well as fat.

And today, once again, someone asked me if Im pregnant.

I'm buying a girdle tomorrow to wear while I work at getting back into right eating habits.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:57 am

hey carla

good on you for confessing, i recently had a few months of relapse as well and didnt think i was doing THAT much damage. the first few days back at it are hard but you can do it :) it will be worth it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby carla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:07 pm

Yes Kate, well I figured I need to confront what Im doing and name it out loud. It helps me to become more conscious about what Im doing and stop making excuses, or at least, think before acting (eating) rather than just get in to that pattern and stay there.

I think you're right, it feels hard the first few days and I am always impatient for quick results. Ive just got to get over that and be prepared for the long haul, or rather, be prepared to change my lifestyle and stay with it until that becomes the norm and all the old bad habits have far less grip.
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Also (still) need a decent set of scales. I need to really see that progress properly rather than being unsure. If I can see even a loss of half a pound, as long as its progressive with each week....that will really help. But my crappy scales don't give me that...they're way too inaccurate and variable.
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:56 am

I'm going to stick around here this time. The forum, I mean. It's really quite an invaluable resource.

Did pretty well today. Slept through the morning but had to get up for work...did a brunch of two vegetable and fish sushis on the way to work. Made my dinner for work but forgot to put it in my bag, doh! So had some leftover salad and meat sandwiches at work and when I got home, a small bowl of pasta bolognese. I did remember to pack my water bottle, but forgot to drink from it regularly and forgot to put it back in my bag at the end of the shift. ..so have to find another makeshift water bottle.

But hey....it's a start! If I just keep plugging at getting into new healthy habits, I know I will get there and succeed!

I haven't gutsed out tonight. A bowl of choc-covered peanuts is sitting right in front of me and I haven't had one and Im not going to.

Im going to bed now, instead.

Night all. :D
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 am

got to start somewhere carla, glad to see you around :)
kate_turner2000

Postby carla » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Got a bit more right, today, but still having some kind of Freudian slip with my water-bottle and starting to wonder if I really must have something against not being dehydrated. Packed it in my bag, got to work to assigned ward for the day, took it out, ready to take handover, told that Im not needed there after all and sent to another ward. Left bottle on the table!

So anyway, I drank 6 cups of water instead through the shift.

Bought a little lunch on the way, consisting of small tin of tuna, some rice crackers and tomato and a banana. Had 2 crackers with tuna and tomato for lunch...quite nice and hit the spot. Will repeat tomorrow. I also bought a packet of cuppa soup, which is just the thing for morning tea-break to fill the hungry yawn in memory of breakfast.

Brekky was a slice of wholemeal toast, a smallish slice of cheese and tomato.

Another banana after work. Dinner was another cup of soup four rice crackers (they're only 22 calories each) and a small bowl of chicken pasta.

Stuck some bread in my mouth before without thinking, then thought about it...and removed it from mouth.

With a busy, hard-worked day, a 20 minute walk to and from work and a pretty limited but nutritious amount of food, I feel less bloated tonight. Feels nice.

And I don't feel hungry, which is very cool!
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 am

hey carla the snacks sounds great and quite good for you. well done on the bread too. i have done that with pasta too and spat it out into the bin.
kate_turner2000

Postby carla » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 am

Tomorrow, (well, much later today :wink: ), I am buying my new set of scales. I've decided to go with digital even though I like the look of the good but old fashioned scales better, so that I can see smaller losses if they occur, cos it's very disheartening to jump on scales and see a pointer sitting at about the same place as it did the week before even though you've put in a good week.

Been pretty good today. Im really finding those cuppa soups very helpful....Ive found some that only add up to about 55 calories per cup and the warmth of the fluid, combined with the taste makes you feel satisfied that you have had a decent snack. If you make it boiling hot, it also takes a while to drink...and what ever residual sense of craving to stick something in your gob is not satisfied by the soup snack, just passes with the time taken to drink it.

I did have roast chook tonight with roast spuds, carrots and peas and gravy. This is one of those weak areas of mine because I love roasts sooooo much, but managed to stick to one drumstick and about one and a half potatoes chopped pretty small so that when I did pick them for 'seconds' I didn't eat that much.

Just had a chicken noodle cuppa and an apple. Now going to bed. I'm whacked and should of been in bed about 4 hours ago.
[/url]
carla

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:47 am

Carla,
I am glad I read your post…what terrific ideas. Both will only enhance my efforts to lose weight…Thank you :wink:
The New Scales is a ripper…What better way to encourage yourself by seeing the loss as it happens! Totally agree that the needle appears to stay in place even it’s going backwards. I don’t want to wait a whole week to see a difference. Just be sure to get a good quality one.
Cup a soup hey?………….Now that’s sounds like a great idea…I’m trying to get into running at the moment and I need to lose every ounce I can to lighten the load. Everything you said about it, made absolute sense…I’m trying that one from today…thanks again :wink:
I notice you’ve mentioned walking in your posts, or in the one above. You see; you just happen to mention one of my weaknesses…ROAST DINNERS…..mmmmm..yummmmmmmm…and I realize that some elements such as the unwanted carb’s (well in large quantities) + the Gravy…..mmmmmm…Yummmmm will play guilt games on one’s mind. I now tend to go for a long walk straight after demolishing such dinners that play on my mind..(not all) and find it really helps to digest the food quicker and with a bit of luck I might even make the walk last long enough & fast enough to burn some calories….ROAST DINNER…mmmmmmmm…Yummmmmmmm :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:23 am

hey carla sounds like you are balancing your food intake out nicely. you can still have roasts as long as you are making healthy choices. hope the new scales suit you well :)
kate_turner2000

Postby carla » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks Kate :D About the roasts, it's just that one of my evil habits has been to have 2nds....3rds....4ths..if ya get my drift :shock:

Hey Dave :) ...excellent, I'm really glad you have found useful info in what I say. You know, also with those soups, which is quite cool, is that they come in so many flavours.

I guess we're all different re the needing to see the weight loss in bigger chunks but having to wait longer, or small chunks in frequent time slots. But actually, both ways seem to have merit.
[/url]
carla

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Roast chicken... yummm. You did well to just have the drummie. I've just stocked up on some cuppa soups too... they look pretty harmless and may just take the edge of that mid arvo hunger (OMG, I sound like I've conjured Travis from Big Brother! :P)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:53 pm

Good on you Carla for taking a good look at what you are doing and then changing your habits. It takes a while to get really ingrained so don't beat yourself up too much. Just keep plugging away.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby carla » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:43 am

I am going to keep plugging away. But tonight I stuffed up. Bourbon...6 shots, while I was out tonight at a local cafe for open-mike. :oops: and a bit of an eating thing when I got home. Though, I don't think as bad as I can be.

But back on the wagon tomorrow. And bought the scales today. Also bought a hoola hoop as an impulse buy. I was once told that just five minutes a day of hoola hooping is equal to doing 150 tummy crunches. I don't know if that's true but what the heck... :D can't hurt.
carla

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress