It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

Kat's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kat's Journey

Postby Kat1974 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:56 am

Hi, I've just introduced myself in the introductions forum and I have decided to use this forum to track my weight loss and exercise journey.

My current weight is 61.3kg which is within my healthy weight range but I would like to lose just a couple more kgs and I have set myself a target to run a half marathon by the end of the year. I'm not sure how hard that will be or even if there is any chance I will be able to do it - but hopefully if I track my progress here it will give me the motivation to stick with my goal.

Currently I do a lot of walking and since the beginning of the year I have picked up the pace a bit and do a slow jog also. I try to do this most days but I am a single mum with a six year old so it's not always possible. What I have started doing on the days I can't go walking/jogging is I run up and down the driveway about 60 times (the neighbours must think I'm crazy), then do a few squats, lunges, push ups and crunches. I've set myself a small circuit training routine so I am now starting to work my body all over.

Next weekend I am starting a beginnings running group so they will hopefully help me train for the half marathon. I'll update here how it went.

The weather is quite hot at the moment so it makes it hard to exercise outdoors too much unless I do it at 6 in the morning. But I don't want to make excuses and will try to do some form of exercise everyday. :wink:
Kat1974

Re: Kat's Journey

Postby Kat1974 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 pm

It was 42 degrees today here so at 8am this morning I went outside and did my own circuit routine before it got too hot. That took me about 30mins. I don't feel like it was much of a workout but it was just too hot to do much more.

My eating wasn't too good today. I find on the weekends when I'm home I pick too much. I'm going to try and be really strict for the next couple of days. It's going to be in the forties again tomorrow so I won't be doing too much exercise again!!!! :)

My circuit today was:

Run up & down the drive - 10 times
Arm dips - 20reps
Step ups - 20 reps each leg
push ups - 20 reps
crunches - 20 reps
lunges - 20 reps each side

I repeated this circuit 5 times.
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:27 pm

I know I said I'm not going to make any excuses about not exercising but yesterday it was just way tooooo hot. 43 degrees during the day and only getting down to 30 over night. So what I'm trying to say is I didn't exercise at all yesterday. My eating wasn't too bad though.

Today I went for a walk down at the beach. The walk was about 10km. I'm guessing that only, so one day I will have to measure it. There was a lot of people jogging it but this time I only walked it!!! My eating hasn't been too bad, I have had a bit of chocolate. I have a real sweet tooth so I treat myself occastionally to a couple of piece of dark chocolate - but those couple doubled and then some. No will power today.

Tomorrow I weigh in at work. I don't feel I have lost anything this week. Lately my weight has been very up and down. I'd be happy if I even just stayed the same. I might go for a bit of a walk later on tonight (last chance workout).

I'm so excited The Biggest Loser is back on TV. I love it!!!!!!!! I wish I had a body like Michelle's - but I guess it takes a lot of work and willpower.
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Ok, so yesterday evening my son, dog and I went for a jog (my son was on his scooter) to the local park which has two basketball courts. I jogged around the courts five times then we jogged home again. This took about 40 mins in total - there was a few stoppages in there.
This morning I got up at 6 and did my circuit - about 30 mins.

Got to work for my weigh in day and I GAINED .5kgs. So not happy. Then I had to look back over the last week and decided that the popcorn I ate while my son and were at the movies(twice on the weekend) and the few pieces of dark chocolate that kept multiplying, and I now also remember I did have a packet of salt & vinegar chips (which were my old self favourite) probably didn't help.

So my goal for next week is to lose 1kg.

Starting tonight we all went to the park again and did laps of the courts again.

Trying to stay positive and focused. :P
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm

This evening my mum was over for tea so I managed to get out for a bit of a jog. That was for about 30 mins. And since I love The Biggest Loser so much and I always make the time to watch it I have decided to do some exercise in front of the tv while it is on. It's funny how we always say we don't have time to exercise but we always manage to watch our favourite programs on TV.

So I put my Biggest Loser watching to good use. I did a bit of - jogging on the spot, lunges, squats, and various arm exercises. It turned ou to be a really good work out and I didn't even notice the time.

What I also did today to get me back on track was to make up a big batch of minestrone soup. I've read the book "the Great Australian Diet" and in the first couple of days he recommends a detox which includes vegetable soup or the above minestrone soup I just mentioned. I have previously done the Cabbage soup diet which is disgusting - I'm not a big one for soups. But this soup is really nice. It has Pumpkin, potato, red kidney beans and lots of other veggies also. I'm not going to just eat this soup but I will have it for one meal a day for the next few days. The great Aussie diet is all about cutting back on processed foods and eating more fresh stuff. So by eating this soup I am getting a good variety of veggies - which I feel I have been lacking lately.

The weather is cooling down now so hopefully I will feel like doing a bit more exercise. I have set my alarm for 6 in the morning to do my circuit routine. So needing some willpower not to press the snooze button instead. :roll:
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Got up at just after 6 this morning. I did my circuit routine again. I was feeling a bit flat and really struggled today. But once I finished the routine it was a good feeling.

I ate my minestrone soup for lunch as well as fruit. For tea I had chicken and some salad. I'm about to have some mango now as I'm craving something sweet. Is there anyway to get over the sweet cravings?

During the Biggest Loser I did some exercises again. I so want to lose 1kg by next Wednesday so that is my focus.

Tomorrow I haven't got anything planned so will try to go to the park and on sunday I have a work bbq so that is going to be really hard. I am planning to have a couple of drinks but stick to that only - but the problem with my drinking it usually leads to snacking on all the wrong stuff. I must be consious of what goes in my mouth!
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Perfect weather today for exercise. Went to the park and ran around the two basketball courts 12 times. Then kicked a ball around with my son.

Then this afternoon we just went out for a walk in the area for about 30 mins. I'm feeling pretty tired now. My eating today was pretty good also.

Tomorrow I start my running group. I'm pretty nervous. I'm not good with people I don't know and wish I had someone to come with me but that's ok, I'm sure I will be fine. I hope it doesn't kill me the running group. I'll let you know how I went. :wink:
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:59 pm

I started my running group today. It wasn't too bad. We just did a 2.2km run/jog. This was just to time us and so in a few weeks time we will do it again and see if we have improved. Each week we are going to do a different run but we are not going to be told how far we are running so I guess we don't have that mental picture that we can't do it. We have been given home work - we need to go for a jog for at least 20 mins twice this week. I really think I'm going to enjoy the group. I met a couple of other ladies about my age so it was good to talk to them about it.

I went to a bbq this afternoon. I had a few Cruisers but they were the sugar free ones - so I tell myself they weren't so bad. I didn't eat anything too bad. But I do have a bit of a headache now. Maybe drinking doesn't agree with me anymore.

Have to have a few good days now leading up to my weigh in on Wednesday. Still aiming for a 1kg weight loss. :P
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Yesterday I had a bit of a rest day. While watching Glee in the evening had a very small workout with my weights but I wasn't really into it. They say you shouldn't exercise everyday. Well i think they say that!!!!

Today was my day off work. My son decided he wanted to ride his scooter to school today. We haven't done this before. Driving to his school takes about 7 mins so I wasn't sure how long it would take us to walk it. I know it doesn't take me long but it is up hill and my son got a bit fed up. Any way we got there in about 30 mins. So i decided to jog home. I then went down to the beach but this time I decided to jog. I didn't jog as far as I normally walk but afterwards I drove along the road and it measured about 8kms. So I was pretty happy with that. I did stop half way and walked for about ten minutes as I had a stitch but then I jogged all the way back to the car.

I then walked back to pick my son up from school. So I have definately had a great last chance workout this week. Weigh in day tomorrow so cross my fingers I have lost the 1 kg I'm hoping for. 8)
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah I lost 1.1kg this week. I achieved my goal. I now weigh 60.7kg. I'm so close to being in the 50's now. I have not been this light since I was about 22. :D

Today I always treat myself food wise after weigh in. I know I shouldn't but I figure I have a week to lose it again. will exercise tonight during The Biggest Loser as I didn't get up this morning to exercise.
Kat1974

Postby äirly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 am

Sounds like everythings going great Kat, and congratulations on the 1.1kgs, I'm sure it was well earned :mrgreen:
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Kat1974 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

I didn"t do much exercise on Thursday - I went for a very small jog with my son, nephew and dog but it was too hot to do much.

Yesterday I went down to the beach and went for a Jog/walk - that was for about 1 hour. That made me feel good. This morning I got up at 6 before work and went for a 30 min jog.

For my running group on Sunday's I'm suppose to go for two 20 min jogs during the week. Which I managed to do 3 - Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. This afternoon I'm going to go for a walk down at the beach again. When i haven't got my son for the weekend I try to fit as much exercise in as possible. This afternoon I'm also going to take my Bicycle in to be fixed and I will start going for bike rides also. I haven't ridden my bike for about 8 years so I'll see how I go with that.

My Dad needs to lose a bit of weight so I'm going to rope him in to come for rides with me.
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I went for a two hour walk - my legs are now aching and so are my feet. Just relaxing in front of the TV for the rest of the night.

My bikes in being repaired and will be ready to be picked up on Tuesday - can't wait.

My weight loss goal for this week is to lose anything, even just 100g will do. I have not lost weight two weeks in a row for a while now. I know my weight loss has slowed down now but I hate that I put on weight some weeks too. :(
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:58 am

This morning in our running group we ran for 3km. This wasn't too bad. We then learnt a few stretching exercises. When i got home I went for another small run as I'm going out with a friend for lunch and I know I will eat too much.

My sister-in-law use to walk on Sundays but because the weather has been too hot we haven't done it in ages so hopefully we go this afternoon. Biggest loser is on again tonight so I'll do my hand weights while that is on.

I work all day tomorrow so I wont get a chance to exercise much then, but I'll make up for it on Tuesday before my weigh in on Wednesday. :wink:
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 pm

I had the busiest Tuesday. I did an 8 km walk up a very steep incline from Waterfall Gully to Mt Lofty. It was hard but I enjoyed it. Later on that day I walked to pick my son up from school and walked to the bike shop to pick up my bike. I'm now very excited coz I have my bike back. So for the next two hours my son and I went up and down our street so he could learn to ride without training wheels. Which we have now achieved. :D
Yesterday I didn't weigh in coz I had a meeting and didn't get to work until the afternoon.

So today was the big weigh in and -------- I gained 1kg. :x Not happy at all.

I'm now telling myself it's coz muscle is heavier than fat and I've been exercise heaps and that's why I've gained so much this week. But I guess the truth of it is I've probably just eaten tooooo much.

I stopped writing a food diary a while ago so I think I'm going to have to go back to that to get myself back on track. It starts today!! :P

Healthy foods from now on. :wink:
Kat1974

Next

Return to Personal Progress