It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

Kat's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Kat's Journey

Postby Kat1974 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Ok so I didn't start my food diary - and I haven't been eating so well. i just don't seem to have any willpower anymore. I've been good for about 6 months - now terrible.

I'm still exercising but I guess the amount I'm eating would take a lot of exercising to lose it. I weigh in on wednesday so I'll see how I go. I would love to lose the 1kg I gained last week but I just feel like I don't have any chance of it.

I'm going to look for a whole heap of new low fat recipes and try some new foods. Maybe that is what I need. I'm maybe just bored with eating!!!!! 8)
Kat1974

Postby äirly » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

How did you go with weighing in today Kat?
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Kat1974 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am

I chickened out!!! :| I didn't get on the scales yesterday and I thought I would today but I wasn't ready for disappointment. I'm feeling better today - not so bloated and I ate well yesterday. So I'm definately going to get on the scales tomorrow. I know it sounds funny but I've worked so hard the last 6 months and I'm really disappointed in myself that I'm starting to let myself go again. I really thought I'd turned my lifestyle eating choices around but it just shows me how easily I can revert back to my old ways.

I have given away all my FAT clothes and bought new smaller ones so I can't afford to put weight back on. I'll let you know tomorrow how I went on the scales. :wink:
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 am

I weighed myself today and I lost .5kg. My wieght is now 61.2kg. So I'm sort of happy with that. I didn't lose the whole kg I gained last week but at least I didn't gain again.

The only thing is now I only have five days until I weigh in again. My son is at his dad's this weekend so I plan to have a full on exercise weekend. I'm also going to have a cook up. I try to cook quite a few meal to put in the freezer so I always have quick healthy meals available. It's cheaper than buying ready made meals from the supermarket and you also know whats gone into them.

I'm suppose to be going bike riding with my dad this weekend (the first big ride in 8 years now that my bike is fixed) but it's going to be in the 30's and my dad claims it too hot for him. Wimp!!! So I'll probably go down to the beach instead for a walk.

:D
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 pm

I did end up having a busy exercise weekend. On friday after work I went for a jog. I went on mapmyrun.com and worked out the run is about 5km. Half of it up hill.
On Saturday afternoon (my dad wouldn't go bike riding) I went down to the beach. I'd measured out a 12 km walk but I ended up jogging about 5 kms of it. So I was happy about that. I then went to the movies but I took my own food and a bottle of water.
On Sunday morning I went to my running group and this week we did a 5 km run. When I got home I did another 3km. I went out for lunch with a girlfriend and ordered a chicken dish but asked for no chips and extra salad. In the early evening I went for a walk with my sister in law.
So I can honestly say I was exhausted after the weekend. I'm feeling really good about this week.
I got a call from one of the mums from my sons footy club from last year who I had recently seen. She said I have inspired her with my weight loss so we are going walking together next weekend. That made me feel good that through my weight loss it is going to help some one else.
weigh in day tomorrow. Tonight is the first night of footy training for my son so while he is training I'm going to do laps of the oval. Last chance workout. :)
Kat1974

Postby Kat1974 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Weigh in day - 59.8kg - that's a loss of 1.4kg. I'm so happy with that. It's been so long since I've been in the 50's. I've really felt better this week. I've cut out a lot of my carbs. I try to just have bread at lunch and for tea I've just been having a small serve of meat and a large serve of veggies. I'm still having my dark chocolate (and sometimes I dont stop at a couple of squares) but it didn't seem to matter this week.

I've been doing a bit of exercise with hand weights coz I want to tone my arms. Now my next challenge is to not put on weight next week. :P
Kat1974

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am

Great job Kat! Are you at you goal weight now? Still thinking about te 1/2 marathon?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Kat1974 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:21 am

I'm in my healthy weight range which is 52Kg-66kg. I would still like to lose a couple of kgs. My main focus is not to put on weight. Which I can easliy do coz I love to eat.
I am definately going to try and do a half marathon by the end of the year. The running group I have joined hold various fun runs etc during the year so closer to the end of the year - maybe October I would like to do the half marathon then. I'm feeling fitter and each week we run a little bit longer in the running group. We did 6km this weekend.
I'm going for a big walk tomorrow and a few walks on the weekend - to get my fitness up. :wink:
Kat1974

Postby äirly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Ohh didnt see this post, congrats on hitting the 50's!!!! :mrgreen:

Great idea on the marathon too :D Good luck ~!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Kat1974 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Just looking at my journey and I haven't been on this site since the beginning of last year. And a lot has happened since then.
My current weight is now 67.7kg. So I've managed to regain a lot of weight back. I was going really well. Watching what I was eating and exercising a lot. So what happened. WELL i got into a relationship. Don't get me wrong it is fantastic and we are now engaged to be married in Oct 2013. So I've had a year of being slack and chunking up again. So i now have to get back on track.
I ran a half marathon last year and after that I didn't really do too much. So there is another half marathon at the end of April so I'm now starting to train for that again.
I have to also really concentrate on what I'm eating. My meals are fine it's just my snacking which is more or less continual. Also the biggest loser is back on TV now so that is my inspiration. I want to look like Michelle!!!!!! :D
Today is the start. I'm aiming to get down to 62kg by the end of April. It's only 6kg but I find it really hard to loss. But I'm determined and I have my financee on board keeping an eye on me.
Kat1974

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:30 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am sure you will do very well getting back down and Good luck with the half marathon.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Previous

Return to Personal Progress