It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Free Newsletter

mummytotwos weightloss adventure

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

mummytotwos weightloss adventure

Postby mummytotwo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 am

here we are at week 2 of learning how to treat my body like a temple.

first step: learning that snacking before breakfast still counts on the scales (and waist!)

second step: trying to avoid "sacrificing" chocolate and chips to the temple in hope some miracle happens and turns me into a healthy size 10.

I'm a 118.4kg 30year old with a supportive husband, two beautiful young children and a history of neglecting to look after myself.
I've started the 12week challenge but i need accountability.. SO... this personal progress section is going to be my "blog" so to speak.

ANY ADVICE is welcome!!!! I'm new to forums, i'm new to weight loss, i'm in a whole new world - and soon i'll have a whole new wardrobe!!!!!

Starting at squeezing uncomfortably into size 22 pants, with a muffin top akin to a nuclear mushroom cloud.
Aiming to sit down COMFORTABLY in size 18 jeans with a mini muffin top only by MAY 2011.

I don't know what that weight will be, but i'll be tracking it all here :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlPAPGI/]
[/url]

BW Jan 2011: 118kg
GW after 12 week challenge:108kg

Week one: gained 0.4kg
Week two: lost 0.6kg
Week three: back to original weight
mummytotwo

Re: mummytotwos weightloss adventure

Postby mummytotwo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm

counting calories today i have worked out that i really need to do some more exercise before the day is over, else i won't have a hope of maintaining or losing weight today.

Spending the day with someone who always encourages eating sweets or treats doesn't help. Especially when she waves a cheese cake at me and says "now are you really sure you want to eat this?" Damn straight i do! i want to eat the whole thing! right now! Hand it over!!!

Am going to play some xbox kinect and burn some calories as soon as my toddler stops playing "i'm not sleepy yet, you just keep taking me back in to bed over and over again until i'm tired". He's been at it for an hour now... wish i had his determination! :lol:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby Gutsy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Kids. . . . . .have to love them! Good luck with your weightloss adventure.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby mummytotwo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

gutsy, kids sure do keep us entertained!!!

Today its too hot for me to be willing to peel myself off the sofa and exercise. So i'm just going to eat healthy, skip the raspberry slushie that i am desperately craving, drink plenty of water and HOPEFULLY it will be cool enough for a walk in the late evening...

I am feeling lighter already!! Less bloated and more "me" which is feeling good. I hope when i touch the scales on Saturday they will support my idea that i'm on the right track :)
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:40 pm

lucky i dragged my husband and kids out for a walk this morning because with this intense hot weather there is no chance i feel like exercising this afternoon!!

I have started putting more OOMPH into my daily chores as a lonely housewifes version of incidental exercise... Speed cleaning the shower, not leaving the cleanser time to soak up the grime so i have to scrub instead of wipe, shaking out the clothes while doing laundry (good bye wrinkled clothes.. hheeellloooo arm muscles!)

i had a "i need a boost" moment in the kitchen this afternoon so i ate some of my toddlers fish fingers on some WHITE bread. Naughty. and... delicious!!

What else can i eat for a boost when the i-want-something-naughty-to-eat strikes next?? :?:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 am

its the day before weigh in and i feel bloated, uncomfortable and unmotivated. Is this the white bread and milo sandwhich that i ate at 3am?

There is something about night time that i just half wake up and find myself eating in the kitchen. I get up for a glass of water, and to check on the kids, and next thing i know i'm eating. Never healthy food either. I think my will power is asleep at that time of night.

So here i am fully awake and feeling dreadful.

Can i drink enough water, exercise enough, eat enough healthy food so tomorrow i don't fail the scales?

Feeling BLAH :(
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 pm

WEIGHED IN at 117.8kg!!!

that is a LOSS... aaaahhh yes the sweet sweet success of a LOSS .... feels good!!!!

Not much of loss, not exactly world record achievement, but IS an achievement and i'm over the moon :)

I am exercising every day, i'm working on my calorie intake (and calorie burning) and i'm learning more and more about my body as i go.

I hope i can reach 117 even this week... or less EEP! :shock:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:17 am

I have digestion issues so usually rely on Metamucil or the like.. but a couple of days ago i switched from using it to using a cup of warm water as soon as i wake up and 30mins after meals.

And i am feeling sooo much better!! I've been keeping a log of how much water i drink, easily in excess of 2L per day. But it seems the water has to be warm in order to get the digestion right. What a fantastic discovery! And even better: zero calories!!

I'm averaging on 1300 calories a day.. and doing 30mins of exercise a day (usually 500cal burned per day) and my weight didn't seem to be shifting until i sorted out the digestive side of things.

Felt so good yesterday i started doing some strength exercises as well as cardiovascular. Pumping food tins from the pantry! :lol: Hope everyone likes very well mixed pasta sauce!
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

yesterday i went for a walk, and got so involved in thought i hadn't realised how long i was walking until i got home IT WAS A 90 MINUTE WALK!!! :shock:

my fitness must be improving! When i started this weightloss adventure i'd get to the end of my block and be huffing and puffing and be embarrassed for being all sweaty and struggling with muscles like jelly.

Feels good 8)
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am

back to 118kg... damn. i thought i was getting somewhere.

I did up my pants today with NO STRUGGLE and i'm able to sit down with the button still done up!! WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

So i'm comfortable in my clothes now... just need to get comfortable in my skin.

There is an outdoor gym in my town where anyone can help themselves to some machines and get a good workout happening any time day or night. I snuck there twice this week and really got into it. I enjoyed the exercise and the privacy of doing it at night under the shadows where no one would see me unless they happened to walk by.

You can tell i'm not used to exercising as my feet are sore after a work out from carrying me for that long! :lol: Oh well, you've got to start somewhere right?
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby mummytotwo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:34 am

i have found the culprit for my weight gain while dieting... mr multi grain bread.

I switched to multi-grain so it would be healthier and low gi etc... and i've been bloated and uncomfortable. I skipped it the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see my feet when i looked down that afternoon. No big bloated belly blocking the view.

Now that bread is OFF the menu lets see how the scales like me now!! :twisted:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby court » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 pm

mummytotwo I love the way you are making little changes.. implementing daily chores into your exercising etc! sounds like you have the water down pat and your walking - 90 mins is no mean feat 8) isnt it horrible hot at the moment...i am trying to get myself motivated to go to the local pool tonight... :shock:
court

Postby mummytotwo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:11 pm

court wrote:mummytotwo I love the way you are making little changes.. implementing daily chores into your exercising etc! sounds like you have the water down pat and your walking - 90 mins is no mean feat 8) isnt it horrible hot at the moment...i am trying to get myself motivated to go to the local pool tonight... :shock:

thanks court! its the little changes i can cope with.. i fear i'd burn out and give up if i did a whole lifestyle update at once!

Yes this weather is stinking hot! I thought it would be so crammed in some exercise by doing several loads of laundry in the cool of the morning - i left it in the machine and had to come back for each item individually, and i moved my peg basket a few meters away and onto the floor. So to hang the washing i had to take lots of steps and do a squat for the pegs each time. I know it must sound ridiculous, but hey, every little bit counts... right? :lol:

Going to the pool sounds HEAVENLY!!!! I remember yyeeeaars back when i was fit and fabulous,i'd go swimming at the pool and after i'd done enough laps to exhaust me i'd spend what felt like hours just floating ... I highly recommend a good float and bob after your swim!!

Maybe one day, when i can bear to bare, i might head to the pool and do some widths - or even laps! :shock:
[/url]

mummytotwo

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:03 pm

I love how you're making the housework work for you. :D

Good luck in your goals.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby mummytotwo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 am

thank you for your support!!

This week i've decided to ditch the mop handle and wash my floors by hand. That should burn some calories!

Otherwise i'm going gym work three times a week and walking most days - its not ALL housework hahaha -- but most of my day consists of cleaning, so it is mostly housework :lol:

Today i am working on training my MIND to not need to snack in order to be occupied. Instead of snacking as my "mummys treat" when the kids are quiet or napping, i am going to start doing craft.

From now on craft is my "treat" of self indulgence. Instead of crisps and chocolates.

Plus, doing craft means i can't have messy fingers, so i can't eat AND do craft - clever ey? (we'll see!)

With all this exercise and calorie watching i have maintained my weight this week. At least i haven't gained!

Saw a photo of myself this week and i must say (chuff chuff) i was pretty proud of myself. I looked like i had a silloette of a normal over weight human being, not a blob of fat while is more circular then rectangular. Nice!
[/url]

mummytotwo

Return to Personal Progress