It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Herbie's Weight Loss Challenge.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Herbie's Weight Loss Challenge.

Postby herbie86 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi all!

My name is Chris and Im 25, male and overweight. I am endeavouring to change the latter of these things over the next 6 months or so.

I currently work in a job in the car sales industry and as of this week have begun a weight loss challenge amongst staff.

This includes personal training at a local park for 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week, which I am combining with tennis once a week as well as 2 sessions of freestyle martial arts which I have been training in but neglecting lately.

We had our first session Monday morning which included a weigh in and a beep test.
My results are as follows

Weight: 129.9kg
Beep Test: 3.0

Poor figures I know, but I am determined and plan to change these figures. We are going to weigh in once a fortnight and also do a monthly beep test to track progress.

On top of that, we have an upcoming "Run for a Reason" coming up here in WA in 81 days time, which our "commando" is wanting us to sign up for (4.5km run/walk) and my aim is to not only be able to run the entire race by then, but also have shed at least 10% of my weight (13kg).

I am combining the exercise with calorie controlled diet and am determined to make this work.

On a side note, I have heard the discussion of 'duromine' mentioned in these forum and was wondering peoples opinions on the use of this in my situation (pros/cons/warnings!).

Other than that feel free to post ideas/advice/criticism/hate mail below :)

- Herbie
herbie86

Re: Herbie's Weight Loss Challenge.

Postby SmittenKitten » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Firstly welcome & good luck! By joining here you are making the first step, which in my opinion is the hardest!

You seem to have your head screwed on straight & have a healthy attitude to weightloss. Although people are entitled to give opinions on Duromine & other weightloss methods you should always discuss these things with a Doctor.

Duromine is a prescription only drug. There are various medical conditions/problems you may have that would prevent you from being suitable from taking Duromine. If you have issues with your heart, blood pressure etc these will need to be monitored closely by your Doctor IF you are given a script.

I personally think Duromine is a great thing, I took Reductil before it went of the market & I had good results, although I only got to trial it for 2 weeks before it was taken off the market. I am currently trying Reducta and as my results are minimal I have made an appointment to see my Doctor to hopefully get a script for Duromine.

Good luck, I look forward to reading more about your journey.
SmittenKitten

Re: Herbie's Weight Loss Challenge.

Postby herbie86 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:54 am

Hi SmittenKitten and thanks for the feedback. Have decided to stay away from Duromine for the time being and do it au naturale!

Anyway my first fortnight weigh in was this morning and I weighed in at 127.7 - a loss of 2.2kg. Honestly I thought it might be a bit higher as I have read to expect a fairly high reading in the first couple of weeks, however it has only made me more dedicated to my journey.

I am upping the ante with training this fortnight and am focussing a lot more on my calories. I find dinner is my hardest challenge and I am attempting to control that fully thins fortnight.

Speak to you all again with some more updates in a couple of weeks....

Herbie
herbie86

Return to Personal Progress