It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Free Newsletter

New challenge, new adventure

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

New challenge, new adventure

Postby boonaz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey all,

I just thought I would try something new and different... I have never published any details about myself, my weight and my challenges - so I thought what the hell - maybe something will kick my ass into gear.

I am 24, weight 110kg, am 169cm and completely down :-( and upset how I have allowed this to occur, particularly because I work in health care and see the devastation that occurs with being obese. I am a shift worker and have found weight piled on and my self esteem has dropped incredibly.

I live with my partner of 2 years and he is wonderful and continually tries to motivate me, but with me being soo upset its been difficult to find motivation within myself to the point I am embarrassed to go out with him, thinking that others will think 'why is he with her..?' etc. He is fit and play sports non-stop. I have to get my act together, not only to improve my self esteem but to live a healthier life with him and actually enjoy it for once.

So I better stop this negativity and get to it... I am going to document my success, challenges and failures in the hope that I not only motivate myself but motivate others.

So my plan is...
I will go for walks 45 mins 4 - 5 times a day
Stretch at home
Eat healthy (get rid of the chocolate, sugar and soft drinks)
Prepare and plan meals - especially when I know I am doing night shift.

I am considering starting a shake like Optifast for the first week or two as well as Duromine just to give me that head start

If you have any other hints or tips, please pass them onto me.

Thanks for reading :-)
boonaz

Re: New challenge, new adventure

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm

If you really want it and are ready to work at it then it will happen.
Just the plan of walks, getting rid of junk foods and preparing meals will work and it's great that you're thinking about it right from the start. If you fail to plan then you plan to fail ...
I dunno, someone great said that. :lol:

It's just my personal opinion but I'm not big on taking medications and meal replacements .. just eating the right things at the right time and exercising will get you where you want to be without any nasty side effects.

Walking is a great exercise but your body will get used to it after a while and it won't be as effective and it's good to change it up every now and then just so you don't get bored with it. Is there a nearby gym you could go to? maybe do some aerobic DVDs? just to give yourself a bit of variety.

good luck with your goal!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Ditto, ditto.
I really need to have my head in the right space to work on it. I find if my mental health is off, so is my weight. My best weight coincided with my best mental health not because being skinny made be happy, but because being happy allowed me to do the things I needed to to be healthy (and skinny).

You CAN do it, it's just a matter of working out what works for you. :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Ditto, ditto.
I really need to have my head in the right space to work on it. I find if my mental health is off, so is my weight. My best weight coincided with my best mental health not because being skinny made be happy, but because being happy allowed me to do the things I needed to to be healthy (and skinny).

You CAN do it, it's just a matter of working out what works for you. :wink:

Funny you should write that Dawn. I just received the Michelle Bridges book called Crunch Time and she covers that exact topic. Very interesting .. but I could ahve saved myself the money and just listened to you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I wonder if I can claim some royalties on that book? :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Personal Progress