It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:31 am

Free Newsletter

My most difficult weight loss journey yet...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My most difficult weight loss journey yet...

Postby boonaz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:59 pm

After reading a lot of people's experiences on this forum, I have found it soo amazing and inspirational that I thought I would give it a go... I need all the help I can get as I am finding this the toughest challenge I have ever faced and no doubt it's about to get harder...

I am 24 year old female, I weight 110kg and am 169cm tall, BMI is 38.5 (Obese :-( )... I have hit rock bottom and am completely embarrassed to go out with my partner and not feeling at all comfortable in my clothes anymore, I have decided enough is enough and I plan and loosing weight, getting healthy and just enjoying my life. I should also add I am a shift worker which does not help with the weight loss so I consider that as my biggest enemy.

So my eventual goal is to get to 70kgs, which would equal my BMI to be 24.5 (normal weight). I know its a long way to go but I will have mini goals that I will post later.

I have started my weight loss journey today, I was prescribed 30mg Duromine and will be taking it every second day to minimize side effects and am going to use it as my ammo to exercise those days that I have taken the drug to ensure I can sleep. I have planned to go for a 45 min walk later this evening. I have taken Duromine a few years ago, I didnt understand it properly and had some side effects.

I am cutting out soft drinks, sugar and the chocolate (that I soo love) and just going to drink plenty of water and slowly get back into fitness (I used to be somewhat fit but due to injury, then slackness I have turned into the way I am). I will be walking for at least 45 mins 3/4 times a week and eating more fruit, vegies and less carbohydrates (which is my main intake of food at the moment).

I will be using these forums and my weight loss journal as well as seeking motivation when I get those tough, down moments (which I understand will happen). I will continually update my progress and look forward to the potential changes. I have bought new scales which should be accurate than I have now and only want to weight myself once a week.

So today - Day 1, I took my Duromine 30mg a little late this morning at 9am so hopefully it wont affect me too much tonight, I have already felt quite thirsty and have forgotten to eat as I haven't felt hungry until now. I have had a Biggest Loser chocolate shake and a banana which has filled me up and will be having 2/3 cups of vegetables and drinking lots of water.

I would love anyone's guidance, hints, tips etc and thank you soo much for reading and being involved.
boonaz

Re: My most difficult weight loss journey yet...

Postby SkinnyBride2B » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 am

Hi boonaz,

welcome to the forum, i wish you every success and have no doubt you can do this whole weightloss thing. Some weeks are slow, and some days worse than others but if you have your head (and heart) in the right spot you will achieve your goal of 70kg.

Everybody has different approaches to their weightloss journey, but heres whats worked for me;

1. Drinking lots of water
2. Trying to stay below 5000kj and 30g fat per day
3. Trying to limit my bread intake to 2 slices per day
4. Exercising at the time my cravings are at their worst (after dinner/later at night)
5. Interval training (alternating between running and walking to elevate heart rate)
6. weights (to tone and burn more fat)
7. breaking your final goal of 70kg into mini goals so they are achievable and managable
8. Reading anything and everything weightloss - i find the weight watches magazine motivating
9. At the start, the use of a food diary will help you track your kilojoules and exercise.
10. Track your weight loss (weekly) and measurements (monthly) - its inspiring to see your body change (and shrink)
11. Be organised - plan your meals, know what your having for dinner, pack your lunch/snacks for work (so you dont end up binge eating on crap when your hungry). I carry fruit and water in my handbag everyday.

A few sayings i remember are "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and "its easier to limit your food intake than to work off the extra kilojoules".

Starting is the hardest part but once you start to see the results and feel the kick of endorphins, the sky is the limit (it just takes time).

Best of luck - You can do it! Keep us updated!
SkinnyBride2B

Postby boonaz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Thank you soo much for your advice, I truly appreciate it and I will definitely take those tips and use them.

So Day 1 -

I took 30mg Duromine at 9am, felt incredibly awake all day and extremely thirsty - been drinking a ton of water. Also didnt feel hungry but I ate healthy and didnt have any sugar cravings (yet).

I went for a 45 minute walk around the neighbourhood which has a lot of steep hills and it felt like a good work out, got home did some stretches, 200 sit ups with some arm weight work. Feeling good at this stage.

My sleep was terrible... I went to bed at 1am (I have a new 8 week old puppy that doesnt know when bed time is) and I was awake until about 330 was when I checked the clock last and woke at 830

Day 2 -
So far feeling alright, did not take the Duromine as I am going to take it every second day due to the side effects.

Have drunk a bit of water today and had 2 x slices of wholemeal grain bread with vegemite and a banana, I plan to have a healthy dinner or vegetables and chicken breast (yum yum)

I am researching about some realistic mini goals and try to get an idea of what is achievable... Am excited about thinking about loosing this excessive weight and being healthy!!

Things are going good... lunch I am going to have yoghurt with muesli and an apple. Might go for another walk - just to tire out my puppy (we all need a good's night sleep) :-)
boonaz

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forum!
At my heaviest I was 100kg, my goal was 70kg as well. I lost 35kg in a just under a year in 2006, so it's definitely doable. :wink:
It the moment I'm just trying to get back into the zone after having gained 15kg back again via one thing or another.
Good luck with it
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby boonaz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Wow!! What an achievement - that is absolutely amazing... well you have definitely made me think it's doable!!

DAY 3 -
I slept in until about 0930 so I decided not to take Duromine as I have to get up early for work and really need a good night sleep as this puppy doesn't know what a proper 8 hour sleep is just yet...

I didn't feel like going for a walk today so I played on the Wii Fit and built up a sweat, doing the jogging for 10 mins, boxing for 10 mins and doing some aerobics for another 10 - dont know if it is as good as going for the walk but I wanted to change my routine a little. As of next week I'll be playing basketball and netball every week for the season like I used to. I'm soo excited!!

Still eating healthy, drinking a lot of water and feeling positive... Can't wait to see this fat disappear for good!! :-)
boonaz

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:35 pm

LOL, I just noticed I types 100kg, I was actually 110kg at my heaviest! :lol:

Good on you for the efforts you're making. One small step at a time :wink:

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby boonaz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 pm

haha wow!! regardless thats still a bloody amazing effort... Well done!! It encourages me to keep going!! You are proving to me it is very possible.... exciting!!

DAY 4
Well today went well, I took a Duromine at about 730 and didnt feel any side effects all day... fantastic!! I did about 45 mins of hydrotherapy, and swap a few laps of swimming and resistance training in the pool which was great... few I had a great work out. Ate two pieces of wholemeal toast with vegemite and a coffee, had chicken for lunch and slept really well

DAY 5
Today I went back to work after a few weeks off and sitting at home on the couch now... I'm absolutely buggered!! I slacked off a little today and didnt organise I may work overtime and didnt bring food, so I had a cheese sandwich and orange juice and drank just over 1.5L of water. I am deciding if I should give some exercise a break tonight as I am completely exhausted, so I will probably stretch my muscles as they feel a little sore.

I'm getting nervous about the weigh in, I would love to have lost a good amount of weight or even notice some weight loss... I have an event to go to in a month and would like to look and feel better about myself. Fingers crossed!! :-)
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 pm

DAY 6 (19th March)
First full day back at work... I work shift work and find it hard to exercise around, especially when I work my 4 days in a row - I do a lot of lifting and walking around at work so I just plan to eat healthy and stretch when I get home which is exactly what I did.

DAY 8
I completely forgot to weight myself yesterday, I was soo exhausted from work that I came home and just collapsed on the couch, until my partner came home and took me out for tea. So went to the local pub, I would normally have a chicken parmey with chips but opted not to, so I ordered a chicken stir fry with rice and a glass of wine (yum). The stir fry was drenched in some sort of soy so I didnt eat much but ate a bit of the veges and chicken, had some salad and I was full. I did really notice that I cant eat as much as I used to as I have really started noticing when I am feeling full and I actually stop eating.

Anyhoo on the more important stuff... I weighed myself this morning and I have actually lost 3kg... My scales and wii fit both say that - I can't notice much (if anything) right now with clothes or if I look at myself but if the scales say so then it must be true!!

So I am now 107kg WHOOOOOOO!!!! Only 27kg to go... :-)
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 am

So I have been working non stop so been difficult to continually update on here. However, over the last 5 days I havent taken duromine as I have been doing weird shift work and have honestly forgotten, however I have had any weird cravings or massive hunger, I have been eating a decent amount of food and drinking a lot of water and apart from going to the toilet every half an hour everything is going good and I am still on a determined mind set. So things are positive still and I'm pleased.

Havent done a lot of exercise due to work, but played netball last night and basketball tonight so looking forward to that being my exercise, plus lots of stretching and some light weights at home. Cant wait to loose all this weight. Ill keep you all posted... Thanks for reading :)
boonaz

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Glad you're going well! Keep it up!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby boonaz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Update... Drama drama drama

So I have had a few set backs, but its not all bad! I havent taken Duromine since that first week, and it's been a while since I have actually written on here. I havent been focusing on my weight loss as much as I have planned or wanted, however as of today I have lost a total of 4.9kgs as per the Wii fit, which I am happy about as I have had 2 chocolate bars over the past 3 weeks (I know naughty tut tut tut), however I am suprised with this loss or the fact that I have maintained that!!

I have had a few more draw backs... I have just been told that my basketball team is not continuing for the next season and netball team is taking a break, so I am really concerned that my two fitness programs per week have ended so I have to look into stuff to replace it.

So anyways back into it tomorrow... I will start taking the duromine, and am looking into swimming and maybe a short gym membership, we will see!! :-)
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Soo its been an up and down journey...

As of today, about 5 weeks since I started on this forum I weigh now 102.8kgs which is a total loss of 7.2kg which is great, my BMI is now 36 which is still obese but its better than when I started.

I was considering joining a gym as I am getting into fitness more and I am getting bored with walks around the neighbourhood, but I have just found out that I have been made redundant at my job of my dreams and am heart broken, so I am trying to use the negative energy into fitness. So we will see how that goes.

I am not taking Duromine as often as I was, only every now and then now that my schedule is out of wack due to no job. I am still eating remotely healthy and decreasing my portions and not eating as much junk food as I used to so obviously this is totally working.
boonaz

Postby Sassyt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey Boonaz

I just read all your posts I must say you are doing great and I just want to say keep up the good work it is all worth it at the end. Ofcourse there will be days when you feel like you have messed up and a thought of giving up might creep on those days I normally think of all the work that I have done already and know that I have no option but to keep on going...

Well done so far and keep going!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby mark1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 am

I can understand your feeling because i am also doing the same. Just make your mind that you can do this and keep your diet controlled until you will achieve your goal. And also do exercise like running.
mark1

Postby boonaz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 am

Soo I felt the need to update as my latest stresses have certainly taken a huge effect on my achievements and/or failures however you want to put it.

Over the easter break I ate soo much chocolate (cookies, bars, drinks) and 1.2L of chocolate ice cream and just ate absolutely disgusting, I am embarrassed to even tell anyone but I need to. So consequently I put on about 1.5kgs and was devastated. Lets just say I am soo sick of chocolate, I haven't craved it one bit and the thought of chocolate makes me feel sick now.

After reviewing my actions and getting my emotional stress under control (I hope) I kicked myself into action. On Sunday (24th April) I went for a 5.5km walk around the suburbs, Monday (25th April) went for a 4.9km walk and yesterday I did 10 mins on my cross trainer, then hit the gym last night and did 30 mins on the treadmill (5 min walk/5 min run), then went on the rowing machine and smashed out 2km in just under 10 mins, then warmed down on the cross trainer for 5 mins.

I weighed myself this morning and am 103.1kgs, which I am happy with. I have now also joined the 12 week challenge and plan to lose 10kgs... so fingers crossed!!!!
boonaz

Next

Return to Personal Progress