It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Free Newsletter

My most difficult weight loss journey yet...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My most difficult weight loss journey yet...

Postby Sassyt » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Good luck to you!
Forgive yourself and just keep going...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Onward and upward. You can do this. One setback shouldn't mean the end of it all .. it's just a bump and somethign to learn a lesson from.
Plus it's Easter .. you gotta forgive yourself chocolate at Easter!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby boonaz » Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 pm

So I have allowed myself to let my hair down a little over the past 3 days - I went on a holiday with my partner and just relaxed (just exactly what I needed) BLISS... However, I really let myself go and ate quite a lot of fried food/takeout and I learnt that it actually doesnt taste that great and I couldnt believe how crappy, bloated and full I felt the next day. I am still feeling pretty average today.

So this has taught me, whilst I may continually crave the food I used to eat about 2 months ago everyday... It actually makes me feel crap and I dont even want to touch it again. So as of tomorrow healthy food, back into fitness and kick my ass into gear.
boonaz

Postby fitfor30 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi boonaz,

i just read all of your posts- you are doing great!! good to read about other peoples journey. I also have times when i fill myself up with too much food! after easter i spent 3-4 days just gorging on food- KFC, chipc, burgers, choc... but as of monday (just gone) i am back on track.

So good to realise the food makes you feel awful, your bosy must be getting used to the good stuff!!

Good luck on the 12 week challenge... look forward to reading about your progress!!

firfor30
fitfor30

Postby boonaz » Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks firfor30 for making me realise it's ok to have bad days... stuff happens and now I just will get back onto it.

I have started boxing classes twice a week and maybe a weight training monday nights with a personal trainer, I am actually excited.

After my gorging sessions over the easter break I put on like 2 kgs, so I was a total of 104.9kgs but now I am as of this morning 103.3kgs, so not I am back on track with the 12 week challenge to loose 10kgs in 12 weeks. LETS DO THIS!!!!! :-)
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Mon May 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Hey all...

My current weight is 103.5kgs which is a gain of 200gms from last week... I am a bit disappointed however I have been slack in both the eating and fitness department so I thought it wouldve been more of a gain.

So as of today I am catching up with my personal trainer once a week for 45 mins - 1 hr for weights and resistance training and also doing 3 x 45 minute intensive boxing sessions a week, and will include walking in there too. I went for a 5.5km walk yesterday and feel good. Hopefully after all this exercise I will loose a bit more weight.

As per my last post I havent been taking Duromine as planned, I am noticing I am getting some side effects which are not sleeping, heart palpitations and light headedness. I will start taking Duromine again but will keep a closer eye on my side effects and if it gets any worse I'll go to my GP.

Excited about my future progress... Need to get to it!!

SW: 110kgs
CW: 103.5kgs
GW: 80kgs
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Mon May 23, 2011 12:40 pm

So far I am a bit disappointed in my weight loss, I have been sick with the flu for the last 3 weeks but I have kept going with fitness and my weight hasnt really budged at all. I have just noticed when I have been doing my exercise I have been getting more exhausted quickly but I have kept going.

So I weighed in today and am 103.1kgs which is a loss of 400gms in one week, which isnt good, considering I have been doing boxing 45 min intensive sessions 3 times a week, weights/resistance training every Monday night, and extra exercise at the gym, dont know what else to do - I guess I have no other choice but to take Duromine again (I was trying not to take it and do it myself but it looks like I have no choice).

SW: 110kgs
CW: 103.1kgs
GW: 80kgs
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Wow!! Didnt realise it had been soo long since I last wrote. A lot of things have changed...

So I have been getting disheartened that my scales havent moved down only up, but I have noticed my clothes are looser and I am now getting shape in my hips, legs and stomach which is amazing. I am still doing 3 x 45 min intensive boxing per week, a 1 hr PT session which is weights training once a week and going to the gym 5/6 days a week doing cardio and some abs. I got into a stage where I wanted to give up and was getting soo unhappy with the scales I started weighing myself up to 6 times a day and getting obsessive, so I asked my personal trainer some advice and he said to get my 'skinny' jeans and hang them up somewhere I can see all the time and that can be my scales. Such a great idea!! It's working.

I did a massive cardio and weights workout Monday (3hrs worth) and was completely exhausted and have finally learnt that my body is finally telling me to slow down and cannot handle my workout routine. I also noticed the next day I craved carbohydrates like they were running out of fashion and was lethargic. So I asked my PT about it too and he said that I had used all my energy stores and my body needed more, but he said to try and curb eating as much carbs as I did that day and suggested I try a low GI, low fat protein powder so I went out and bought one day and will give that a go.

I am rewarding myself tomorrow with a full body remedial massage and omg just the thought of it, I am soo excited!!
boonaz

Postby AbelAbbot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you very much for your advice, I truly appreciate it and I will definitely take those tips and use them. So Day 1 I took 30mg Duromine at 9am, felt incredibly awake all day and extremely thirsty - been drinking a ton of water. Also didn't feel hungry but I ate healthy and didn't have any sugar cravings. I went for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood which has a lot of steep hills.
AbelAbbot

Postby boonaz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi everyone, I cant believe how fast time has gone!! I completely lost track and never wrote anything on here... I feel terrible!! So much has happened and I cant believe how bad I was feeling way back then.

Since I last wrote the post, I have moved interstate with my partner, due to a job promotion we couldnt refuse, I am about to start a new job and new career and I have had another health kick.

I countinually went on and off the Duromine... I found it really good however, I never really learnt how to deal with eating inadequately and not exercising. I just took the drug in the hope I would loose weight - which I did. I got to my lowest weight of 97kgs and felt good. Leading up to moving, I completely lost control of my eating habits and felt my life was going crazy and hence my hormones went nuts... I did not look after myself, ate whatever I felt like it and did not exercise. I felt absolutely terrible and disgusting and couldnt believe how I allowed myself to get like this. I ended up putting weight on and got to 102.5kgs before I thought to myself 'what the hell am I doing?"

I am now living in Perth and while it has been a bloody hard journey and lonely as we dont know anyone here. I have now got my health kick back again and feeling good. I have decided to take Duromine 30mgs again however, I am control of my journey and not allowing it to control me. I take Duromine every second day, on the day I have taken it I go for 20 - 30 minute runs/walks (interval training) around my neighbourhood and mix it up by going through different streets. I have found this very beneficial and have only been doing this for 2 weeks but I am back down to 98.4kgs and feeling better than I ever did.

AbelAbbot - good luck with your progress and would love to hear how you go!!
boonaz

Postby boonaz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 pm

I had the best sleep last night as the last two days I flew interstate and spent just over 9 hours on the plane in the last 30 hours for work, so I am exhausted.

I had two glasses of lovely shiraz on the plane and 2 small pieces of chocolate (that came with the flight meals). This was the first time I had alcohol or chocolate for a month and I gotta say, chocolate didnt taste that delicious taste I was expecting.

I weighed myself this morning and I am hovering between 97.6kgs and 98kgs - however, its the time of the month and I am feeling pretty bloated. I am pretty happy with that as this is the lowest weight I have been for just over 2 years!! - I plan to go for a jog/walk tonight as I feel yuk for not doing much exercise the last two days. Can't wait until I see the scales at 95kgs!! I will be estatic!! :lol:
boonaz

Previous

Return to Personal Progress